Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ^^^ oh that’s good
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    The idea of the Hall of Fame is to recognize greatness, but that recognition is lost if people can't find threads because they're in the HoF.

I kinda like the idea of leaving the threads where they are, but having a stickied/locked thread in the HoF with names/links. That way, when you think of a pantsuit, finding it is easy, just go to the sticky in the HoF and scan the list.
    Sounds good to me, although should we then move the original 50 back to S/S?

The chef thread recently. Was like reading Bourdain if he was a mag. Papooski was it? Embarrassed I can’t remember the name - but I remember the stories and sentiments. Addictive reading and really impressive openness.

I cann't find it, but the thread about spending a month in Wrangell- St. Elias was one of the best I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Woolly the Mammoth View Post
    I cann't find it, but the thread about spending a month in Wrangell- St. Elias was one of the best I've ever seen.
    I think that was Gnarwhale's thread?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

The idea of the Hall of Fame is to recognize greatness, but that recognition is lost if people can't find threads because they're in the HoF.

I kinda like the idea of leaving the threads where they are, but having a stickied/locked thread in the HoF with names/links. That way, when you think of a pantsuit, finding it is easy, just go to the sticky in the HoF and scan the list.

As the forum historian, Abraham is an obvious choice for the selection committee. I think Buster and iceman also have the elephant memory and old timer cred (though I am not sure about that otzi guy, I can't even properly spell his fucking name).
    is it possible with the forum software to add searchable Reddit style “flair” to threads? So you could search “ski” and “HOF” and get good stufff or “padded room” and “hof” etc etc

Checking the spare

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    is it possible with the forum software to add searchable Reddit style “flair” to threads? So you could search “ski” and “HOF” and get good stufff or “padded room” and “hof” etc etc
    That sounds cool. I have no idea what's possible with the forum software, because there really isn't anyone to ask or do it if it was possible. I have long since taken the position that any potential improvements here (not just HoF related) that involve doing something to/within the software are not even worth pondering. It sucks, but that's the way it is.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I typically look at "new posts" or "participated" in the app, so doesn't matter which forum things are in.

Another option (although likely not?) would be fixing the search function. Does it still not recognize 3 character words (fks, etc..)?

I don't know, as when needed I use the Google workaround (xxx site:tetongravity.com/forums)

That sounds cool. I have no idea what's possible with the forum software, because there really isn't anyone to ask or do it if it was possible. I have long since taken the position that any potential improvements here (not just HoF related) that involve doing something to/within the software are not even worth pondering. It sucks, but that's the way it is.
    Can you at least flip the switch to turn the tags back on?
    I still call it The Jake.

I'll second that a corollary section is added for invaluable tech threads. Examples; mount your own fucking skis and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    I typically look at "new posts" or "participated" in the app, so doesn't matter which forum things are in.

Another option (although likely not?) would be fixing the search function. Does it still not recognize 3 character words (fks, etc..)?

I don't know, as when needed I use the Google workaround (xxx site:tetongravity.com/forums)
    Did you see where Danno discussed how we should expect zero software development efforts from our Vashikarian Overlords?
    See post immediately above yours

Just go into the HOF and start the thread with about 10 posts as place holders. Edit to add links as nominated. No fuss, no muss.

Nobody's nominated Iceman's encounter with a small ungulate?
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ght=near+death

that guy was some kind of a monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    I'll second that a corollary section is added for invaluable tech threads. Examples; mount your own fucking skis and the like.
    How about if we sticky those in Tech Talk instead?