Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Inconvenient conveniences.

It’s amusing and/or exasperating how techy conveniences create their own set of inconveniences.

The ‘one touch all the way down’ power window in cars can be a PIA since most of the time I’m just trying to open it 0.5 - 4”.

Was riding in a friend’s Tesla and he wanted to stop on the way home so he could walk the dog the final mile. But his only key was his iPhone smart key and he didn’t want to leave his phone in the car just so that I could drive it (he was expecting a ph call I guess).

Parents’ Toyota has auto climate control which means when we’re leaving the hot garage the fan is at 11 and it’s so loud my parents can’t hear any conversation (“so do we need to stop on the way to get XYZ?”) but as soon as fan is turned down from ‘jet engine’ to ‘F1 engine’ that takes it out of ACC.

I could go on. Don’t get me started on the failings of Bluetooth.

Fucking Bluetooth.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    only key was his iPhone smart key
    Just that alone. Out doing stuff, not paying close attention to your phone's charge... oops, no car either.

It's enough to make one consider being a neo-Luddite.

My new car does not have an actual key, which sucks when you want to go surfing. 1st world problem
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Isn't there a little emergency key?

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Fucking Bluetooth.
    My phone GPS won't talk over the radio or hard drive music to shout instructions over the sound system. It will interrupt the music for a phone call just fine though. Go figure. Works fine when streaming Amazon music for GPS and calls though.. So blue tooth off when playing the music I usually listen to.
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

infotainment controls just suck all around.

Inconvenient incontinence concerns me more.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

as opposed to convenient incontinence?

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    My phone GPS won't talk over the radio or hard drive music to shout instructions over the sound system. It will interrupt the music for a phone call just fine though. Go figure. Works fine when streaming Amazon music for GPS and calls though.. So blue tooth off when playing the music I usually listen to.
    If I take the wrong car for a spin the conversation my wife is having inside the house switches to the vehicle. Hilarity ensues when it is a work call. I've learned to just be quiet and drive out of range quickly. There's no easy off button. Even if the radio is "off" it picks up the BT. Thanks Toyota.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    as opposed to convenient incontinence?
    … A key component of the keto diet

Talking one time with a convenience store owner, and he said they were a cigarette and coffee store.
    Now they are probably coffee and Monster/Red Bull stores.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    It’s amusing and/or exasperating how techy conveniences create their own set of inconveniences.

The ‘one touch all the way down’ power window in cars can be a PIA since most of the time I’m just trying to open it 0.5 - 4”.

Was riding in a friend’s Tesla and he wanted to stop on the way home so he could walk the dog the final mile. But his only key was his iPhone smart key and he didn’t want to leave his phone in the car just so that I could drive it (he was expecting a ph call I guess).

Parents’ Toyota has auto climate control which means when we’re leaving the hot garage the fan is at 11 and it’s so loud my parents can’t hear any conversation (“so do we need to stop on the way to get XYZ?”) but as soon as fan is turned down from ‘jet engine’ to ‘F1 engine’ that takes it out of ACC.

I could go on. Don’t get me started on the failings of Bluetooth.
    I am not a fan of "automatic" climate control systems. Give me the old style system where one control sets the temp of the air coming out of the vents by mixing the heater or AC air with unconditioned air, and the other control sets the fan speed. Rarely am I trying to control the air temp in the car. I'm trying to adjust the temp of the cool air hitting me in the face or the warm air hitting my windshield.

Ironically, the way women think air conditioning and heating in a house works--they think you heat or cool faster if you max out the temp up or down--works fine in a car.

If I take the wrong car for a spin the conversation my wife is having inside the house switches to the vehicle. Hilarity ensues when it is a work call. I've learned to just be quiet and drive out of range quickly. There's no easy off button. Even if the radio is "off" it picks up the BT. Thanks Toyota.
    Same thing here with the Toyota.
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    My tundra Bluetooth will sync with my wife's phone instead of mine even if my phone was the last synced, even if I'm in the truck and she's in the house.

Also annoying- Spotify if you start streaming music on wifi in the driveway and then drive out of wifi service. Sometimes takes several minutes for it to finally get out of the "no internet connection" loop, even if there is 5 bars of data service available.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    My tacoma has a button on the touch screen that says switch to handset mode. Seems pretty easy to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Salvelinusconfluentus View Post
    My tacoma has a button on the touch screen that says switch to handset mode. Seems pretty easy to me...
    Well aren't you special. No such buttons in my old beater Toyotas.

My smart phone in my pocket starts playing tunes on it's own. I can't cut and paste from the address bar in Yahoo mail and the cassette player in my Jeep doesn't work when it's below 40 degrees outside.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvelinusconfluentus View Post
    Condescend much? Go away. Again.
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Condescend much? Go away. Again.
    That's a little harsh.

I'm good with car windows, but Microsoft Windows on the other hand. Very annoying.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    My new car does not have an actual key, which sucks when you want to go surfing. 1st world problem
    I’ve been trying to figure out what issue the push button start solved…. because it sure created a bunch of other issues.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

That's a little harsh.
    Inconveniently triggered lol

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    I’ve been trying to figure out what issue the push button start solved…. because it sure created a bunch of other issues.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Overpriced laser cut keys?

(I assume these new key fobs are more expensive to recode though.)