Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    At least you arent a telemarker or even worse a snow boarder

you probably got the wrong dope or something
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    At least you arent a telemarker or even worse a snow boarder

you probably got the wrong dope or something

I'm having a hard time understanding your issue. Since your traditional technique of driving hard forward you should be over driving the more progressive skis and having the tails release way too easily.

I'm also part of the tiny boot gang but don't have the same issues as you.

I’m telling ya… unbuckle your boots and pretend your sideslipping/course inspection a second run that you have no chance of redemption because you pooched your first run so bad and got baked on the lift after lunch. Tails will release fine.

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post

I though you guys were the interweb experts?! Progressive - aka new skool aka 2 foot'd aka pivoty aka sliding the tails aka centered ; C'mon man dont make me ask Pugski!
    Have a kid that loves that kind of skiing - you'll learn quick.

I'm only partially kidding. That's what happened to me. As my son grew up and did bigger and bigger stuff and gnarlier lines with this kind of stance, I let him guide me to it.

So first, it's way easier to ski like that if you have a ski meant to be skied like that. Get a twin tip meant for all mountain playing - a pair of ON3p Jefferys, for example. Mount them at recommended, which to your point is not going to be -10. Probably more like -5. Now your normal stiff boot will help, cause if you drive them too hard it won't feel right - you need to stand more upright and surf them, while still pressuring your shins. Detune the tips and tails a little.

With this setup you can ski like you are imagining. The weight always over the boots (but not just in the balls of the foot - the whole foot) and you can turn like you are pivoting, or surfing. I don't think it has anything to do with boot size, and I know it isn't based on weight - in fact the lighter the skier the better. But there is this inflection point where you can spin without catching an edge. It takes a while to learn that when you have spent your entire life tilting your ankle and driving the edge into the snow. Stiff boots are fine. I ski 130s and it works fine for the style. My kid absolutely rips skiing like this and he's in 140s.

I was on a true center mount part time for a couple years, and while I eventually moved the mounts back, the true center mount was great to learn the feel. You could try that.

But mostly I think, you need a ski that is not a carver, and you need to rethink your stance. Rather than being in attack position you want to to be in a mini squat, like skateboarding, with your feet fully engaged heel and toe. You'll know you have it when you can spin turns with your hips in concave spaces and keep the skis flat.

And it's freaking super fun in tight or technical terrain.

Perhaps.......

Nope.

I though you guys were the interweb experts?! Progressive - aka new skool aka 2 foot'd aka pivoty aka sliding the tails aka centered ; C'mon man dont make me ask Pugski!
    Do you have an older pair of boots you could grind to be more upright? I'm not an expert at all with fit, but I did notice a difference when my fitter convinced me to let him grind the Achilles so I could be more upright. Since you seem to go through boots it could be a good thing to test with an older pair that fit you.

Perhaps.......

Nope.

I don't think you will find the info. you seek at Pugski. Maybe newschoolers., but

I think there is good input here -

I think ShortyJ's suggestion to mount the Revolt(87s) with a demo on a modified mount is a Very good idea ;

comments about tuning have great merit -

boot selection comments are worth considering...

I have never seen what you have asked discussed here - and I think you have gotten some excellent feedback -
    I believe You will be able to use the information here to accomplish what I believe you are attempting
    ( I don't know if the Revolt is going to be the best ski to do it -

the techniques I understand you intend, I see on skis with significant rocker or 'reverse camber(?) ' )

final idea -

Ask someone skiing as you intend to take a couple runs with you and discuss what they are doing to achieve the moves you seek - some of this, just does not translate great into written-word...

I have no doubt You will get there ! !!

ski On ! !! skiJ

EWG spoke some truth up there.

I’m an old skool old fuck with a 24.5 hobbit foot. Been playing around with forward mounts in a totally non scientific manner. It’s fun and I can’t wait to get on these mFree 108’s leaning in my office. And I want an mPro 99. But I also want an mFree 99.

What’s a mag to do?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    What’s a mag to do?
    I thought he ripped on snow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Have a kid that loves that kind of skiing - you'll learn quick.

I'm only partially kidding. That's what happened to me. As my son grew up and did bigger and bigger stuff and gnarlier lines with this kind of stance, I let him guide me to it.

So first, it's way easier to ski like that if you have a ski meant to be skied like that. Get a twin tip meant for all mountain playing - a pair of ON3p Jefferys, for example. Mount them at recommended, which to your point is not going to be -10. Probably more like -5. Now your normal stiff boot will help, cause if you drive them too hard it won't feel right - you need to stand more upright and surf them, while still pressuring your shins. Detune the tips and tails a little.

With this setup you can ski like you are imagining. The weight always over the boots (but not just in the balls of the foot - the whole foot) and you can turn like you are pivoting, or surfing. I don't think it has anything to do with boot size, and I know it isn't based on weight - in fact the lighter the skier the better. But there is this inflection point where you can spin without catching an edge. It takes a while to learn that when you have spent your entire life tilting your ankle and driving the edge into the snow. Stiff boots are fine. I ski 130s and it works fine for the style. My kid absolutely rips skiing like this and he's in 140s.

I was on a true center mount part time for a couple years, and while I eventually moved the mounts back, the true center mount was great to learn the feel. You could try that.

But mostly I think, you need a ski that is not a carver, and you need to rethink your stance. Rather than being in attack position you want to to be in a mini squat, like skateboarding, with your feet fully engaged heel and toe. You'll know you have it when you can spin turns with your hips in concave spaces and keep the skis flat.

And it's freaking super fun in tight or technical terrain.
    Props/ Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    I thought he ripped on snow?
    Don’t we all?

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Don’t we all?

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen
    You have to admire his admitting to small feet though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........