Page 69 of 92 FirstFirst ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 2280
    Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    I am a draymond fan but the stomping on a player's crotch was cringe worthy - something hard to forget
    When did he stomp on someone's crotch? Seriously don't recall and asking. I remember the famous crotch kick of course.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    When did he stomp on someone's crotch? Seriously don't recall and asking. I remember the famous crotch kick of course.
    that's what I meant - sorry

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Yeah, nobody is the next Curry. Poole is pretty good at 22 and should get better/stronger. Great experience this year.
    Totally agree, was just saying he's not going to save them this year if Curry is out. I have been really impressed with him overall, he's so fucking fast and he has the bravado/killer instinct that you love to see.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Felt like Curry and Klay were playing 2 on 5 last night - both were fantastic. We need at least someone else to show up tomorrow or this series is over.

Don't worry about tomorrow, the Celtics tank every other game. Unfortunately the math doesn't work out for you in the end if that pattern holds.

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    go warriors
    You shut your whore mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Maybe I'm an ignorant watcher...TBH, I haven't watched a pro basketball game in more than a decade until the Playoffs this year but was a huge fan of the Bird/McHale/Parrish/DJ/Ainge Celtics...but as I was watching last night's game I couldn't help but comment out loud (to myself), "that Curry kid is damn good." He creates such chaos for the C's vaunted defense and never seems to miss clutch 3s. And he's pretty good when he gets a lane to the hoop. I can't imagine that GS would even be in the finals without Curry (given that Thompson just awoke from his long absence). Bit player? That's not how I am seeing it. How would you replace last night's 31 points?
    Do I really need to put the /s at the end of my posts?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    On another note, I've never seen Draymond Green play a game before G1 of the Finals but my impression is that he is a no-talent but very athletic thug. In a parallel universe, the Bruins have a similar thug in Brad Marchand but the guy scores goals and has decent talent. But they both create chaos for the opponent; it seems that Boston had a definite goal of running at him and getting him out of the game. By the time they accomplished it, the writing was on the wall and it was the final straw...the whole team seemed to deflate when DG fouled out.
    About Draymond, as others have mentioned, there's much much more to him than the "thug" factor, which is a laughable take IMO. I had a friend compare Draymond to Laimbeer last night, FFS. But I can see how you might come to that conclusion, as he's not playing all that well this series for unknown reasons, and he does seem to thrive on histrionics as part of his MO. But it's pretty clear that he's a much more important player for the W's than Marchand ever was for the Bruins.

I don't think the Laimbeer comparison is terrible, Laimbeer was actually a great player. But I think the Rodman comparison is better.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    You shut your whore mouth.

draymond passes well can score and is really a game changer on defense

he is s more talented worm except on the rebounds

My series prediction is looking weaker and weaker.

I wish I didn’t dislike the Celtics franchise so badly.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1654803604.885985.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	240.4 KB 
ID:	418456
    Damn

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    My series prediction is looking weaker and weaker.

I wish I didn’t dislike the Celtics franchise so badly.
    But if they win, you'll be happy for me, right? Let that soften the blow ever so slightly.

Damn
    Eye test confirms that stat.

2021/2022 NBA Thread: Anyone but the Lakers or Nets!

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Do I really need to put the /s at the end of my posts?

About Draymond, as others have mentioned, there's much much more to him than the "thug" factor, which is a laughable take IMO. I had a friend compare Draymond to Laimbeer last night, FFS. But I can see how you might come to that conclusion, as he's not playing all that well this series for unknown reasons, and he does seem to thrive on histrionics as part of his MO. But it's pretty clear that he's a much more important player for the W's than Marchand ever was for the Bruins.
    I don’t know hoops well enough to compare Brad Marchand to Draymond Green, but Marchand is one of the best players in the NHL. He’s scored the 5th most points in the league in the past 5 seasons (maybe that was leading into this season). How much of a rat he is distracts from how great a player he has become, and in my opinion he’s the best player on the Bruins.

Marchand will also, inexplicably and aside from his current injury situation, play awfully in meaningful games. Marchand seems to need to be a pest to get the best out his game but being a pest also seems to get the best of him sometimes. Perhaps he and Green have that in common.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    But if they win, you'll be happy for me, right? Let that soften the blow ever so slightly.
    Yes, actually I will. And that will help.

Damn
    I may have yelled at my TV a few times recently for Kerr to put Steph back in the fucking game! lol... it's the Playoffs / Finals, dude, I love Kerr but he can be frustratingly stubborn sometimes.

Just listened to Draymond's podcast and to his credit he owned it, said he played like shit ("one of my worst games ever") and let his teammates down, etc. - have to respect that kind of accountability at least. He wasn't making any excuses. That is one of the reasons we like him despite his antics. No BS.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Yes, actually I will. And that will help.
    And me too?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I may have yelled at my TV a few times recently for Kerr to put Steph back in the fucking game! lol... it's the Playoffs / Finals, dude, I love Kerr but he can be frustratingly stubborn sometimes.
    Yeah, for the postseason Curry is right at his regular season minutes per game average.

Whereas Tatum and Brown are averaging almost 41 and 38 minutes per game, about 4 or 5 more than their regular season averages.

For all the talk today, I am mindful of the fact that the Celtics looked this good after Game 1, and inexplicably laid an egg in Game 2, with people conceding the series to the Ws. Once again, they look like a juggernaut, but that could change quickly.

For all the talk today, I am mindful of the fact that the Celtics looked this good after Game 1, and inexplicably laid an egg in Game 2, with people conceding the series to the Ws. Once again, they look like a juggernaut, but that could change quickly.
    Every other game, man. The math works out in their favor then to win in 7.

2021/2022 NBA Thread: Anyone but the Lakers or Nets!

I know the Celts are better on the road in these playoffs but I don’t want to have to win game 7 in SF. Win tomorrow, then have 3 games to win 1.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I know the Celts are better on the road in these playoffs but I don’t want to have to win game 7 in SF. Win tomorrow, then have 3 games to win 1.
    Well ya, that's the preferred route. However, these Celtics do not do things the easy way.

My quick search says they are successful close to 50% of the time, so yeah, I guess I understand why they wouldn't want to highlight that. And I'm not sure if I'm in favor of different rules for the playoffs. But fuck, at least let the coach keep the challenge if successful.
    50% and they usually save them until the end of the game. There are almost always calls early in the game that are totally wrong, but no one wants to use their challenge on a call in the first 3 quarters.

Yeah, for the postseason Curry is right at his regular season minutes per game average.

Whereas Tatum and Brown are averaging almost 41 and 38 minutes per game, about 4 or 5 more than their regular season averages.
    To be fair to Kerr it's a little skewed because they were way up in game 2 so Curry didn't enter the game in the 4th quarter. But I was kind of pissed in game 1 when he was absolutely on fire with 6 first quarter threes and then sat down to start the second. When a guy is feeling it and it's the playoffs you need to ride that wave. Last night early foul trouble was an issue as well but I think coaches are too conservative with that in general. Like I'd rather him play 40 minutes and foul out than 35 minutes and end up with 4-5 fouls. There's probably some advanced analytics about this but I've never heard about them... always kind of wondered.

Did just find this, still reading but it's interesting: https://mindyourdecisions.com/blog/2...-foul-trouble/

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Well ya, that's the preferred route. However, these Celtics do not do things the easy way.
    Isn’t that the truth. Watch them go up 3-1 but then end up in game 7.