Page 89 of 92 FirstFirst ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2280
    Damn! File that in “I didn’t see that coming”

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

More trades will come from Utah, they have players they won't care about keeping.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    More trades will come from Utah, they have players they won't care about keeping.
    Yep, I think we are about to see the Utah/Ainge version of “The Process”

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Didn't Ainge do something like this in the past, and traded for a bunch of players from his former team? (Celtics?) Or am I confusing him with someone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Didn't Ainge do something like this in the past, and traded for a bunch of players from his former team? (Celtics?) Or am I confusing him with someone else?
    Well, Ainge did tear down the 2008 Celtics championship team when it was getting old, trading away all the good players for picks that eventually led to the current team.

He also traded for Garnett from Minnesota, fleecing his old teammate McHale. But he has never done exactly this, trading away a couple of stars in their prime just because the team had reached its ceiling.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Love this trade for both teams…and I rarely feel that way. Stoked for the Cavs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Collin Sexton got paid and will get a chance to be the man in SLC, and averages 20 a night.

Cavs field a big-4 starting group of all-stars. (And Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio off the bench)

I agree this is a great trade.
    I still call it The Jake.

Cavs get better NOW Jazz gather pieces to one day be a perennial playoff contender, wait, I mean this gives the Jazz a ring in 2028 right, that's what the goal is?

2021/2022 NBA Thread: Anyone but the Lakers or Nets!

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Damn! File that in “I didn’t see that coming”
    Same. Like, what? Very interesting. I like it. Maybe an overpay but this Cavs team is intriguing for sure…
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Donovan is a good player but he isn’t going to lead a team to a championship. Cleveland is going to have the same ceiling Utah did IMO.

How many firsts does Utah have now? 27?

Seriously though - anyone know how many firsts they have?

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post

They got what, 5 from Minnesota, plus a swap? And 3 from Cleveland plus 2 pick swaps. One from New Jersey I think?

That's a lot of capital, but as a fan of teams that have had that in the past I can confidently say, you can shit in one hand and put draft potential in the other and see which one fills up first.

"Not that many." - Sam Presti, probably

I honestly think both teams did fine. And think the Knicks made the right move in not pulling the trigger too.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    k the Knicks made the right move.
    I will take "Shit I never thought I would see..." for $1000 Alex

Here's the answer. Plus 3 first round pick swaps. Every other year for the next 7 years they get three first rounders.
    And somehow, even with all this, they still don't have a 2024 first.

But this is a LOT.

• 2023 first-round pick — own
    • 2023 first-round pick — from HOU, BKN or PHI*
    • 2023 first-round pick — from MIN (unprotected)
    • 2024 first-round pick — owed to OKC
    • 2025 first-round pick — own
    • 2025 first-round pick — from MIN (unprotected)
    • 2025 first-round pick — from CLE (unprotected)
    • 2026 first-round pick — own (swap with MIN**)
    • 2027 first-round pick — own
    • 2027 first-round pick — from MIN (unprotected)
    • 2027 first-round pick — from CLE (unprotected)
    • 2028 first-round pick — own
    • 2029 first-round pick — own
    • 2029 first-round pick — from MIN (unprotected)
    • 2029 first-round pick — from CLE (unprotected)

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Donovan is a good player but he isn’t going to lead a team to a championship. Cleveland is going to have the same ceiling Utah did IMO.
    I don’t think they’re necessarily expecting him to be. I think Zach Lowe has mentioned that he wouldn’t be shocked if Mobley was in the mvp discussion in the next year or two. Garland is already great and is what, 22? Jarrett Allen probably should have been an all-star last year (or was he?). Donovan might be the second or third banana soon even if he stays the same player, and he’s young enough to get better.

Cavs couldn’t score at all when Garland wasn’t on the floor last year. Now they can have a scorer for all 48 minutes. And unlike the Jazz, they have great defenders up and down the roster who can make up for that deficiency. I’m not the biggest Donovan fan but this seems like a great fit to me. Especially considering how in the playoffs you need someone like him who can manufacture his own shot in crunch time.

Somehow despite all of that OKC still has 1 more first round pick than Utah. Those teams are going to be dominating the next several drafts.

No way is Mobley going to be in the MVP conversation in the next year or two - he's only 21. Now in 3-4 years that could be a different story. LeBron James wasn't even really in the MVP conversation until his third season.

Quote Originally Posted by jorion View Post
    I don’t think they’re necessarily expecting him to be. I think Zach Lowe has mentioned that he wouldn’t be shocked if Mobley was in the mvp discussion in the next year or two. Garland is already great and is what, 22? Jarrett Allen probably should have been an all-star last year (or was he?). Donovan might be the second or third banana soon even if he stays the same player, and he’s young enough to get better.

Cavs couldn’t score at all when Garland wasn’t on the floor last year. Now they can have a scorer for all 48 minutes. And unlike the Jazz, they have great defenders up and down the roster who can make up for that deficiency. I’m not the biggest Donovan fan but this seems like a great fit to me. Especially considering how in the playoffs you need someone like him who can manufacture his own shot in crunch time.
    This is the absolutely correct take.

(Except Allen was an All Star with Garland; Mobley was RoY runner up)

It does sound crazy that Mobley would be an mvp contender so soon but that’s why I remember him saying it. But I don’t see any reference to that comment googling it, so my memory is probably failing me. He could also have been talking about Barnes?

Anyway he just did a whole pod on the trade so he probably reiterates whatever he thinks about Mobley there.

But I agree with the general concept of how that team could develop over the next few years, with Mobley becoming a star / leader and Mitchell being one hell of a second fiddle on a contender. I feel like Mitchell is kind of underrated now considering he's only 25.

Hey, just like that the next NBA season is only 6-7 weeks away. I'll start the new thread later this month once we feel like the rosters are all pretty much settled.

Got the email my NBA Team Pass subscription will automatically renew at the end of the month. It’s $89, looks like the League Pass is coming down to $99.99, I’ll probably upgrade to that.

(I thought it was nice the NBA actually alerted me to an automatically renewed purchase, I’m looking at you Sirius/XM!)

I’m looking forward to watching Cade and Jaden squaring off against Darius and Donovan. Hoping the Pistons can at least make the play in tourney.

Some Rico Hines action for TahoeJ

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11DEB952-815E-4E09-9926-106A8D85FA6B.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	409.6 KB 
ID:	425399

I think it's great for the Cavs and the BS report echoed what I was thinking about the picks they gave up. Basically they're not going to be great 1st round picks.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Cavs- Dubs 5 is coming…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums