Page 87 of 92 FirstFirst ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,175 of 2280
    Dan Patrick show thinks Brown, Williamson, Smart and a 1st for KD.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Including Smart is giving up too much IMO - he's also a big cultural part of that locker room. Jaylen Brown is the best young asset the Nets are going to get anywhere at this point. And despite the "going to his left" jokes he was easily Boston's best player in the finals and he's only 25. They should just throw in another draft pick instead of giving up another starter. I mean, selfishly I hope they give all of that up for KD because that makes them less of a threat in a potential finals re-match.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Including Smart is giving up too much IMO - he's also a big cultural part of that locker room. Jaylen Brown is the best young asset the Nets are going to get anywhere at this point. And despite the "going to his left" jokes he was easily Boston's best player in the finals and he's only 25. They should just throw in another draft pick instead of giving up another starter. I mean, selfishly I hope they give all of that up for KD because that makes them less of a threat in a potential finals re-match.
    Absolutely. That would be an idiotic haul to give up for KD IMO. I can sort of wrap my head around Williamson and Brown if the Celts are convinced Williamson will never be a consistent player due to his injury history. Agreed about giving up three starters for KD being too much...and I hope they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Dan Patrick show thinks Brown, Williamson, Smart and a 1st for KD.
    WTF? Why would they do that? That's fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I don't want him for what he will cost. He is 33.
    I don't want him for any price even if they were paying us to take him. We beat him with the current lineup. Shut him down in the playoffs. No thanks.

Who is Williamson? I assume Williams, but Grant or Time Lord? The Athletic reported the Cs offered Brown, White, and a 1st, but the Nets wanted Smart and more.

Like Riser, part of me says no trade period at any price, because I like my team and chemistry. But a reasonable offer is something I could live with, keeping Smart is important. Keeping Time Lord is important. I could give up Brown, White, some firsts.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

White was invaluable in the post season. Guy came into his own. There's nobody I could see giving up. The only person we would want to add is never moving: Steph Curry. My second pick would be Giannis Antetokounmpo. Maybe Tyler Herro. There's nobody else I'd even think about trading for. I like the team the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Who is Williamson? I assume Williams, but Grant or Time Lord? The Athletic reported the Cs offered Brown, White, and a 1st, but the Nets wanted Smart and more.

Like Riser, part of me says no trade period at any price, because I like my team and chemistry. But a reasonable offer is something I could live with, keeping Smart is important. Keeping Time Lord is important. I could give up Brown, White, some firsts.
    Apologies...I meant Williams and the Time Lord version. And DP thought a package like that is what it would take. 100% it needs to include Brown or Tatum IMO. White seems easily replaceable for the Cs so I get throwing him in there, but if I'm the Nets I want a lot more than that. Yeah, Brown, Time Lord, Smart and a 1st seems ridiculous to me.

Riser4, Tyler Herro? lol

Apologies...I meant Williams and the Time Lord version. And DP thought a package like that is what it would take. 100% it needs to include Brown or Tatum IMO. White seems easily replaceable for the Cs so I get throwing him in there, but if I'm the Nets I want a lot more than that. Yeah, Brown, Time Lord, Smart and a 1st seems ridiculous to me.

Riser4, Tyler Herro? lol
    As a bench player, not someone I would trade a starter for.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    As a bench player, not someone I would trade a starter for.
    Ahh, I took it as you were talking about them in the same vein as Giannis and Steph.

Ahh, I took it as you were talking about them in the same vein as Giannis and Steph.
    No. Merely as someone who could be a positive addition to what's already there. I really can't think of many other players I'd want that wouldn't wreck the balance of things.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    No. Merely as someone who could be a positive addition to what's already there. I really can't think of many other players I'd want that wouldn't wreck the balance of things.
    totally agree on both points. why mess with a good thing.

Celts shouldn't do it. I like that team and too many teams upset the apple cart in this situation. Give that squad a few more years, maybe with some complimentary players, and they could easily win a ring.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

There have been rumors that Jaylen wants to be "the guy" somewhere and might leave in 2 years when his contract expires. That could play into all of this, or it could just be speculation. He's been in trade rumors before but I can see him being a little more upset after being the best player on the team in the finals.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    There have been rumors that Jaylen wants to be "the guy" somewhere and might leave in 2 years when his contract expires. That could play into all of this, or it could just be speculation. He's been in trade rumors before but I can see him being a little more upset after being the best player on the team in the finals.
    He has to view himself as being better than Tatum, not that I necessarily agree, but down the stretch he was their most consistent scorer and played some solid D. Point being, if he's offended at the idea that Tatum is untouchable and he's on the block, then I get it.

Rumor is Draymond is asking for a max deal, yea hes good and a very valuable team member, but a max player?
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Rumor is Draymond is asking for a max deal, yea hes good and a very valuable team member, but a max player?
    He’s posturing. Def not max player. Maybe 3/$54M-60M or 4/$65M-$75M if they wanna stretch it out, which I doubt they will.

Best case for Dubs = Figure $150M down the line for Steph, + 3 or 4.

Might look like this:

Steph $50M
    Wiggins $33M
    Poole $27M
    Klay $22M (if he takes discount)
    Draymond $18M (if he takes discount)

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    He’s posturing. Def not max player. Maybe 3/$54M-60M or 4/$65M-$75M if they wanna stretch it out, which I doubt they will.

Best case for Dubs = Figure $150M down the line for Steph, + 3 or 4.

Might look like this:

Steph $50M
    Wiggins $33M
    Poole $27M
    Klay $22M (if he takes discount)
    Draymond $18M (if he takes discount)

I agree for the most part but I think it's unlikely you'll have two players (of their caliber) willing to take discounts.

I hate Draymond but I love his game. That said, he's not a max player and I agree he's posturing.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

If you don’t ask…
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I agree for the most part but I think it's unlikely you'll have two players (of their caliber) willing to take discounts.

I hate Draymond but I love his game. That said, he's not a max player and I agree he's posturing.
    Yeah, I don’t think they’ll be able to keep all 5. Klay more likely to take discount. I’m Ok if Dray gone after another year.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Yeah, I don’t think they’ll be able to keep all 5. Klay more likely to take discount. I’m Ok if Dray gone after another year.

I don't see Klay taking 22mil a year unless he falls of a cliff

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I could see him landing in Miami for a year or two.

That would be interesting. JFB.

I hate him but I'd blow somebody to see him in a Blazers uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I don't see Klay taking 22mil a year unless he falls of a cliff
    Me neither. Hoping beyond hope. More likely to take $30M as a discount and Dray gone