Page 76 of 92 FirstFirst ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 2280
    The 22 Celtics will only go down in trivia history as the team that broke Curry's 3 pt streak.

.....not as being 2 wins away from a championship.

Sweet thanks for the tip
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Why does it seem when a team jumps off to a great start they end up losing the game.
    Have you been going to my son's AAU basketball games?

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Fucking Celtics. Glad Ainge isn't in charge. I think he'd panic and scrap it all. Let's hope Stevens has a cool head. Work on the starting 8 (yes, I said 8, 5 plus the go-to 3). Get them healthy. Improve the bench or get a better bench. That was part of the issue, need moar depth. Too many minutes wears out the best players. Theis needs to step up, he didn't appear to have the championship juice as his minutes were asymptotic with 0 as time went on.
    IMO, they don't need to do a damn thing. They have a solid team that was 2 wins from a chip, they're almost all young and getting better, and realistically you only use an 8 man rotation in the playoffs, guys like Theis are good for the regular season and "next man up" in the playoffs if someone gets injured.

There literally is nothing they need to do except run it back.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    IMO, they don't need to do a damn thing. They have a solid team that was 2 wins from a chip, they're almost all young and getting better, and realistically you only use an 8 man rotation in the playoffs, guys like Theis are good for the regular season and "next man up" in the playoffs if someone gets injured.

100% agree. Remember earlier this season when they were supposed to choose between Brown and Tatum because a bunch of talking heads don't have patience? It's a young team and they'll come back stronger. Right now I'd say the Celtics are the favorites for next year. But I expect a good rematch. Milwaukee with a healthy Middleton is in the mix too, however. So are the Grizzlies if they can grow up a little.

Side conversation: I actually feel like the overreactive Boston home crowd can hurt their own team (they went 6-6 at home this post season). It will be an obvious foul and instead of just a few quick boos they break out a "BULLSHIT" chant like it was some egregious call and I feel like their players feed off of it in a bad way. Their own coach said stop looking at the refs after every play. Similarly when Dubs fans booed Dillon Brooks every time he touched the ball after the GP2 incident I thought it was kind of distracting and not helpful.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Now that that's finally over.. How bout those Lakers!!! Going all the way 2023 FTW..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Fuck the Lakers.

Fuck the Lakers.
    Co-signed. Lakers are irrelevant unless they trade another first and Westbrook in a package.

2021/2022 NBA Thread: Anyone but the Lakers or Nets!

Yes, Fuck the Lakers.
    This is your annual reminder LA Lakers fans that the franchise might be tied with the Celtics for number of championships, but the LA Lakers have 12. Minneapolis has 4 NBA titles and 1 BBA title. Talk about padding the resume!

You don’t see OKC Thunder fans strutting around that they have 1 championship from ‘79 (Sonics).

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

Pretty much, but they do need to develop more depth. Whether that's through improving the guys they have (Pritchard, Nesmith, GWill) or getting some outside help remains to be seen. But Tatum played the most minutes in the league and I think that showed by the end. Need a little more help.

Congrats Warriors, outside of Draymond that's a team I like.

And fuck the Lakers, of course.

F the Lakers but all nba teams count titles from past cities. the warriors count the 2 from the original warriors ( 1947, 1956).

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I think it’s dumb. As a Dubs fan I say we have 5 not 7. We have no connection to those Philly titles.

Those teams have such good records. I wish the Celtics had that many championships on their own and didn't have to count past franchises. Oh, wait, nevermind.

Fuck the Lakers.
    Isn't there another Kardashian's thread somewhere?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I’m going to miss the Celtics bitching after each and every whistle called against them.

I don’t think they can run it back and expect the same result or better. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the team with a 7.5 man rotation and no true point guard struggled to close games.

I find Tatum annoying, but he led all players in playoff minutes after having the fourth-most regular season minutes. He’s asked to create a ton of offense for a wing because they have no point guard. And then everybody calls him soft and complains about him turning the ball over too much.

I will miss watching Time Lord, that guy rules.

Doesn’t everyone bitch in bball after fouls? It’s fucking annoying as shit.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I think it’s dumb. As a Dubs fan I say we have 5 not 7. We have no connection to those Philly titles.

Word. Warriors the NBA team still claim them. I agree no sixers fan claim the Syracuse titles, but the club did win them.

Well I snuck out of my wedding function and started watching the game when it was 14 to 7.
    Two things that haven’t been talked about a ton are Steph, Klay and Draymond are just basically more fit than everybody else. You could tell the Celtics at the end of the games seemed gassed. Yes, I know I’m old, but I remember listening to this Deacon Jones interview (or something), where he said he just got tired of fucking chasing Fran Tarkenton around, that little asshole.
    I think it’s just incredibly demoralizing to shut down Steph three times on a play and he relocates and then drains a 3.
    Also the Celtics now have experience and they’re gonna be waaaay better.
    Like it or not, Tatum flops, (yes I know everybody flops), but man, you didn’t get the call, get the fuck up and run. There was a play towards the end of the game when Steph stepped on his foot and punched him in the nuts. Tatum collapses, then Steph just goes over to the corner, lines it up, drains it, and the ref just ignored him because he couldn’t tell if he was flapping or not. Yeah it hurts, get the fuck up and play basketball.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Yeah, nothing worse than a player who puts bitching ahead of actually trying to play. Get the fuck up and play indeed.

The notion that the Celtics don't have a true point guard is just a narrative, it's not accurate. Marcus Smart isn't a Steph Curry/Ja Morant/Chris Paul, but he's a better point guard than most, he's good at setting people up, running the offense, etc. The fact that Tatum and Brown do so much play making is because they're stars with the ball, whose game is about creating. It's not because Smart can't run the point. He averaged 6apg against 2.2to pg, that's totally respectable.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

He’s acceptable on offense, and the defense they can put out there with him is insane. I just don’t think the team as currently constructed is going to magically figure out how to not turn the ball over just because they’re more experienced now.

The consensus seems to be the Celtics can run it back and be the favorites in the east. If everybody’s healthy I think the bucks are the team to beat still and maybe the heat also. It’ll be interesting to see what Stevens does over the off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by jorion View Post
    He’s acceptable on offense, and the defense they can put out there with him is insane. I just don’t think the team as currently constructed is going to magically figure out how to not turn the ball over just because they’re more experienced now.

The consensus seems to be the Celtics can run it back and be the favorites in the east. If everybody’s healthy I think the bucks are the team to beat still and maybe the heat also. It’ll be interesting to see what Stevens does over the off-season.
    Hopefully Stevens doesn't do a damn thing, or at most trades around the bench a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Doesn’t everyone bitch in bball after fouls? It’s fucking annoying as shit.
    I was listening to a piece on bb reffing on This American Life, of all places. They talked a lot about the replay center and how they keep statistics on bad calls, etc and how reffing is better than it ever has been as a result. The players who complain most consistently are the stars, who used to expect to get an edge on close calls but don't any more.
    https://www.thisamericanlife.org/672/no-fair/act-one-10

2021/2022 NBA Thread: Anyone but the Lakers or Nets!

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I was listening to a piece on bb reffing on This American Life, of all places. They talked a lot about the replay center and how they keep statistics on bad calls, etc and how reffing is better than it ever has been as a result. The players who complain most consistently are the stars, who used to expect to get an edge on close calls but don't any more.
    Hmm. Bring on the Netflix doc.
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 06-19-2022 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    First thing I thought of, too. Great episode. Maybe better context hearing it from the beginning.

https://www.thisamericanlife.org/672/no-fair