Page 85 of 92 FirstFirst ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 2280
    Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    that list is too long for here.
    no kidding...sheeeit. Walton, Bowie, Roy....
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    no kidding...sheeeit. Walton, Bowie, Roy....
    Don't forget Oden. Imagine B Roy, Oden and Lamarcus in their mid to late 20's ruling the western conference.

5 minutes, 2 missed three balls an ugly turnover, 2 pts and injury. So much for effortless scoring. At this point the real intriguing thing about the blazers, is will Jodi sell them. The planted NY post article about Lillard and a Phil Knight associate is a shit storm. Then Jodi comes out today and says 10-20 years to liquidate Paul’s estate. What an absolute disaster it all is.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

And now word is Dame signs 2 year 122 million extension. 60+ million a year. Insane!

So did the owner finally answer Dame’s email? That story is hilarious if true.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    5 minutes, 2 missed three balls an ugly turnover, 2 pts and injury. So much for effortless scoring. At this point the real intriguing thing about the blazers, is will Jodi sell them. The planted NY post article about Lillard and a Phil Knight associate is a shit storm. Then Jodi comes out today and says 10-20 years to liquidate Paul’s estate. What an absolute disaster it all is.

It's the Post, surprised it didn't have a section about Paul Allen being channeled to consult about the draft through a gypsi. Obviously some PR firm working on behalf of Phil Knight. I'm sure if the offer gets to around $3B it'll happen.

I watched most of that game last night, didn’t see much of Sharp. But I did notice a dude that seemed to score effortlessly…

Ivey with 20, 6, and 6. The first play of the game caught my attention, Ivey with the lob to Duren for the thunderous alley oop. My favorite part of the game was the interview with Ivey’s Mom where she said they watch film together. (His Mom played in the WNBA and is the current coach of the Notre Dame women's team.)

Brighter skies ahead for the Pistons.

It's the Post, surprised it didn't have a section about Paul Allen being channeled to consult about the draft through a gypsi. Obviously some PR firm working on behalf of Phil Knight. I'm sure if the offer gets to around $3B it'll happen.
    That’s why I said it was a “planted article” either by someone in Phil’s camp or some other unknown prospective buyer. I hope Phil gets the Blazers. Even if he’s got little time left, he’ll set it up with good people and a good structure that works for Oregon. Nike pretty much runs AAU basketball so maybe they’d have the inside line on future draft picks since the Blazers history of drafting is damn right scary bad.

I mean, I feel like you're being a bit harsh.

LaMarcus
    Roy
    Lillard
    Petrie
    Wicks
    Walton
    Hollins
    M. Thompson
    Jim Paxon
    Drexler
    Kersey
    Porter
    Arvydas
    Uncle Cliffy
    Jermaine
    Crazy Zach Randolph
    Patty Mills
    Will Barton
    McCollum
    Simons
    Little

Those are solid players, stars and even a few icons. It's just that maybe we miss big when we miss.

And you can't really be judging Sharpe on 5 minutes of Summer League, are you?
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Harsh? Yes. Using a lottery pick on a guy who didn’t play for a year and then gets injured in 5 minutes of summer league play. Well I guess I’m just a little skeptical. Is there a team that’s passed on more hall of famers than the Blazers? Jordan, Barkley and Stockton (in one draft), Steph, Durant. I’m sure there’s many more, but those I recall off the cuff. Sabonis was a great draft pick, except he didn’t play until 8-10 years after being drafted and was crippled by the time he made the NBA (would’ve been an all time great if he came earlier instead of playing in Madrid). Every pick listed after Sabonis is marginal at best, ie; solid players but nobody who’s really good. I’m a huge Blazer fan but I’ve been crushed too many times. Not sure giving Dame 61 million a year gets us closer to winning. Honestly I would’ve been shopping him for draft picks. The Jazz got a crap load for Golbert, I’m sure Dame would’ve fetched more. Unless Durant shows up in Portland, there’s basically zero chance the Blazers win anything with Dame.

And now word is Dame signs 2 year 122 million extension. 60+ million a year. Insane!
    For a guy who turns 32 next week, had two years remaining on his current deal, and could fall off a cliff at any time (citation: kemba Walker). That's nuts.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    For a guy who turns 32 next week, had two years remaining on his current deal, and could fall off a cliff at any time (citation: kemba Walker). That's nuts.
    Ten or so posts ago we agreed that the Pelicans had to pay an oft injured Zion but this is nuts?

Surely you're just being contrarian and can see the difference.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I think this is just thanks for being a stand up guy and "look we take care of our own" to any prospective free agents for the future. Maybe be they sell to PK and this is a nice fuck you you to him on the way out.

And apparently I was wrong, Dame actually had 3 years left on his deal. That is totally nuts, and I have no idea why they felt compelled to do that. Now has 5 years left, ~$270M.

The most overpaid average/good player EVER! The Blazers will never get out of the 2nd round of playoffs building around Lillard. Now if he could be #2 or 3 on the team...

I watched them his first couple of seasons with Lillard, but it was so hard to watch after growing up on team ball with Drexler, Porter, Williams, Kersey and Duckworth.
    Actually, I vividly remember standing in the kitchen in '77, the whole family watching a little 11" portable TV when the the Blazer won their Championship

And apparently I was wrong, Dame actually had 3 years left on his deal. That is totally nuts, and I have no idea why they felt compelled to do that. Now has 5 years left, ~$270M.
    Yes, checks out, this seems sketch.

Sharpe has a small tear in his labrum. Out for the summer. I recently had rotator cuff surgery and my surgeon is the team doctor for the Jazz. I asked him if he’s ever had to do shoulder surgery on an nba player and he said “no they’re all so strong that it’s really rare for them to have shoulder problems”. He’s also a Blazer fan from lake Oswego. Apparently Sharpe is built out of glass

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    I mean, I feel like you're being a bit harsh.

LaMarcus
    Roy
    Lillard
    Petrie
    Wicks
    Walton
    Hollins
    M. Thompson
    Jim Paxon
    Drexler
    Kersey
    Porter
    Arvydas
    Uncle Cliffy
    Jermaine
    Crazy Zach Randolph
    Patty Mills
    Will Barton
    McCollum
    Simons
    Little

Those are solid players, stars and even a few icons. It's just that maybe we miss big when we miss.

And you can't really be judging Sharpe on 5 minutes of Summer League, are you?
    I can't explain it but this song popped in my head:

Love Dame but dear god that contract extension is not going to age well. Sticking it to Phil Knight before he buys the team? Or does having a star player locked down for longer drive up the team’s value? That would seem to be the only thing that would make sense.

Harden took less $$ to build the team up. That was nice.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    Harden took less $$ to build the team up. That was nice.
    Nobody in their right mind would pay him even his reduced salary at this point. At least Dame hasnt decided to go stay-puffed marshmallow man yet. He might be overpaid on the back end but he's our overpaid dude.

Nobody in their right mind would pay him even his reduced salary at this point. At least Dame hasnt decided to go stay-puffed marshmallow man yet. He might be overpaid on the back end but he's our overpaid dude.
    I think Dame is going to come out and kill it next season
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Absolutely incorrect. Plenty of teams would still take Harden at that salary. As an example, John Hollinger listed Harden as worth $46M in his free agent rankings, #1 at shooting guard (ahead of Beal and Lavine), and #2 out of all of the free agents. Now, I don't entirely agree with Hollinger all of the time, and Harden is certainly a polarizing player, but acting like a guy who averaged 21ppg, 10.5apg, and 7.1rpg for the Sixers is completely washed up is silly.

Now, I don't entirely agree with Hollinger all of the time
    You mean the guy who said the Warriors would win 39 games last season? Yeah, me either. I think that guy is getting a little senile - he's had some other really horrible opinions over the past few years that make me wonder if he just looks at box scores and doesn't watch much anymore, or understand what he's watching.

But I agree with your post... frankly, I'd much rather take a chance on Harden than trading away the family farm for Rudy Gobert. Sorry Minnesota, that's going to be a tough pill to swallow. At least ANT is awesome so maybe he can make up for the blunder.