Page 57 of 92 FirstFirst ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 2280
    Man, if only Wiggins could channel this kind of energy more often. When he's on he's on. He's having a hell of a series. I'm honestly torn on what to do with the toss up between him and Poole this off season. His great defense is overlooked.

https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/stat...77071844405248
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Agreed, he's been incredible.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Good thing we didn't trade him straight up for Ben Simmons and/or with a draft pick!

So far Wiggins is proving me wrong, done a really good job, even if Luka still is getting tons of points.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I'm really curious to see how the Ws defend Luka. While they are a great defensive team, he's different than the "usual", probably too big/strong for Wiggins or Klay to just take him on all the time (though they surely will some of the time). Maybe Dray? Maybe a lot of double teams?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Yeah Luka is legit for sure and one of the best scorers out there, he just needs a wingman who doesn't necessarily need to get his.

If Luka does the following

Improve his 3pt %age from 35% to the 38-40% range
    Improve his conditioning and his defense (I think these two are connected)
    Get a better wingman, either by Brunson improving (as he seems to be doing) or acquiring someone

The rest of the league may never win a championship. That dude is so close to being the best player in the league right now, if he came back next year with a slimmer body and a better shot, it might be game over for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Good thing we didn't trade him straight up for Ben Simmons and/or with a draft pick!
    Dammit.

Get a better wingman, either by Brunson improving (as he seems to be doing) or acquiring someone

The rest of the league may never win a championship. That dude is so close to being the best player in the league right now, if he came back next year with a slimmer body and a better shot, it might be game over for everyone else.
    Agreed....dough-boy.

A quote from Luka about the dunk from Wiggins:
    “That was impressive,” Dončić said. “I’m not going to lie. I saw the video again, I was like, ‘Ooooh.’ That was pretty incredible. I wish I had those bunnies.’ ”
    Bunnies, lol.

Agreed on all points. It's a little frustrating to not see Luka work on his body / fitness and just rely on talent, because he's so damn good. But he's still young, and yes, his defense would be better for sure. Props to LeBron who had that kind of talent and then worked his ass off to get the most out of it. You could argue Luka is even more naturally talented.

What's great for Dallas is that Dončić is a pretty big and strong dude to have as your PG, so you could pair him with someone like Kyrie or Dame and it might work. That said, they seem soft in the paint on D so they need something else too. Maybe it's Ayton if Phoenix would trade him to the Mavs (doubtful).
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Oh wow, Luka and Dame as a combo would be super fun to watch. They could have some defensive issues, although I fully expect Luka to improve on that side of the ball. I love that he was willing to get posterized by Wiggins last night, at least he tried on the play unlike so many players these days.

Don't think Ayton would be a good fit - like LeBron, Doncic needs to be surrounded by perimeter shooters IMO. So is Ayton a max player? I think so?

I honestly can't figure out the Celts-Heat series. It's like only one team ever bothers to show up each night.

Yeah, totally weird. The Celtics shot like crap and still crushed.

Robert Williams makes a hudge difference on both ends of the court.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Man, if only Wiggins could channel this kind of energy more often. When he's on he's on. He's having a hell of a series. I'm honestly torn on what to do with the toss up between him and Poole this off season. His great defense is overlooked.

https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/stat...77071844405248
    Dubs are currently paying Wiggs and Poole about $34M (then multiply luxury tax). So long as COVID doesn't come back, Chase Center allows the Dubs to basically print $ with concert and event revenue. Also, more playoff games means about $5-$8M per game.

Wiggs and Poole are both under contract for next year, and Curry has 4 years after this one (years 2-5).

Extend Wiggs $28M x4 years and Poole $24M x4 years to cover years 2-5. They're like 26 and 22 years old. If Poole wants more than he's a RFA and we can match, but I'd rather keep him happy. If Poole isn't happy then do a S&T to another team that has opened up cap space and has assets and let him be their #1 PG (Knicks?)

Let the two teenagers, Kuminga and Moody, grow next year, and if they advance, then decide if the team wants to trade a big contract (Wiggs) for assets or another player.

In years 2-3, the Dubs will still be paying Klay ($38M) and Draymond ($25M). Don't see them moving with those contracts.

For years 4-5, maybe Klay would take a team friendly deal (maybe $16M x2 years), and ride off into the sunset as Kyle Korver deluxe. By that time, Moody or another wing should develop or be acquired

I don't see Draymond playing more than the 3 years left on his deal. He'd be 35 at end of deal and would make a ton on broadcasting/endorsements without banging with centers. If he wants to play, maybe the same thing - $16M x2 years like Iguodala had with Heat.

Wiseman's deal ends same time as Klay and Draymond. If he develops by year 2, then extend him. He and Looney are your center tandem. If not, then maybe he's part of an outgoing package. He makes like $10M due to 2nd pick contract.

Give Looney $7-$8M x3-4 years. He's earned it and shown he can stay healthy. He's worth more to the Dubs than any other team. He's like 26.

Try to resign Otto Porter next year with TPMLE, or if he bolts then give a lot of it to GP2 (may or may not be able to keep him for less than the full TPMLE).

Sign backup C to vet min (or vet min + part of TPMLE).

Jettison DLee and Bjelica, Iggy retires, maybe keep JTA on vet min...

Warriors are like a sleek sports car..........and i'm jealous as hell, as my team is not.

2021/2022 NBA Thread: Anyone but the Lakers or Nets!

^^ if you told me 10 years ago someone would be saying that about the Warriors I wouldn’t believe it. So there’s always hope.

Great breakdown 54-46. Yeah I misspoke about next year’s dilemma- it’s really the season after that where cap issues could be a problem (more so than the actual money, Lacob and Gruber don’t care about the luxury tax now that they have their new arena). As painful as it is to pay for these tickets at least i know the guys in charge aren’t cheaping out.

This Celtics / Heat series is strange. It’s close but not close.

^^whoever comes out of that series could be too beat up and tired to take on GS.....yes, strange for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    I honestly can't figure out the Celts-Heat series. It's like only one team ever bothers to show up each night.
    My inner conspiracy theory fan says they are being paid to not show up because NBA Corp wants at least one 7 game conference championship series.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    My inner conspiracy theory fan says they are being paid to not show up because NBA Corp wants at least one 7 game conference championship series.
    I don't know...if so the Warriors didn't get the memo.

To me the Celts just look like the better team all around. I find my self rooting for them just because Pritchard is from West Linn and I really enjoy how they're playing basketball. The Warriors are awesome..it's really entertaining to watch them work as a team to dismantle the Mavs.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Robert Williams makes a hudge difference on both ends of the court.
    To elaborate on this, it doesn't matter if he has no stats at all. On offense, it is clear that the floor is more open for everyone else because of the threat of the lob to him, someone capable of defending against that lob (mostly Bam) has to keep close the entire time, and cannot help out on drives. And that changes everything.

On defense, it is also obvious how his shot blocking threat completely changes how Miami operates near the paint. As well as his ability to close out on shooters.

RW3 fucking rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I don't know...if so the Warriors didn't get the memo.

To me the Celts just look like the better team all around. I find my self rooting for them just because Pritchard is from West Linn and I really enjoy how they're playing basketball. The Warriors are awesome..it's really entertaining to watch them work as a team to dismantle the Mavs.
    W's didn't need the memo. I said at least one conference final series. Doesn't have to be both. East coast got the short straw.

Don’t know about the players, but the refs…..not that I am complaining

To elaborate on this, it doesn't matter if he has no stats at all. On offense, it is clear that the floor is more open for everyone else because of the threat of the lob to him, someone capable of defending against that lob (mostly Bam) has to keep close the entire time, and cannot help out on drives. And that changes everything.

On defense, it is also obvious how his shot blocking threat completely changes how Miami operates near the paint. As well as his ability to close out on shooters.
    agreed. he just need to be in there to keep JFB from driving to the hoop and getting 20 free throws. anything else is a bonus.