Page 45 of 92 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 2280
    Here's the play where Ja *actually* hurt his knee. https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp/...x8RntoOXA&s=19
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Here's the play where Ja *actually* hurt his knee. https://twitter.com/ClutchPointsApp/...x8RntoOXA&s=19
    It seems odd Ja was able to continue to play for another quarter and a half after injuring his knee....

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    It seems odd Ja was able to continue to play for another quarter and a half after injuring his knee....
    Point is he comes up limping and for the next several minutes you could see him stretching it out, etc. Did you actually watch the game? Sometimes you will tweak something and it takes a while for it to stiffen up on you. If you really think Poole accidentally grabbing his knee is on the same level of Brook's chase down hit from behind, well...

Everyone is clowning on Memphis for this shit right now, and there's a reason Ja deleted his tweet after 10 minutes.

2021/2022 NBA Thread: Anyone but the Lakers or Nets!

Never seen anything like this in basketball. Warrior’s off-ball movement is different.

Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Square dance offense!

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Point is he comes up limping and for the next several minutes you could see him stretching it out, etc. Did you actually watch the game? Sometimes you will tweak something and it takes a while for it to stiffen up on you. If you really think Poole accidentally grabbing his knee is on the same level of Brook's chase down hit from behind, well...

Everyone is clowning on Memphis for this shit right now, and there's a reason Ja deleted his tweet after 10 minutes.
    I love that your go-to argument is "did you actually watch the game?" Did you? Because Ja was the only grizzlies player scoring in the 2nd half, he had 17 points when Poole injured him, finishing as the leading scorer of the game and second leading scorer of the second half.

You're also making a lot of assumptions on my thoughts. All I did was post "broke the code" and point out that the play you claim is where ja injured his knee was the first play of 2nd half, and he continues to play, doesn't come out of the game until Poole yanks on his knee. you got super defensive of your team lol.

I also don't claim to know why Ja deleted his tweet, but I would think the unprofessionalism of it was more the cause of deletion than the "response" you said it received. But it's obvious we viewed it in a different light and I'm sure your warrior's homerism effects your view and the algorithms.

I never compared it to Brooks' ordeal and I think that's a moot point. I don't think it was in response to that, but I do think the warriors have a track record for hunting another teams best player and injuring them in the playoffs. (Cough, cough, Zaza injuring Kwahi in the 2017 WCF)

The fact is Poole grabs Ja's right knee and the ball is nowhere close to where poole was grabbing. No one except Poole will ever know if it was malicious, but we're all going to miss out on a great series because of that bullshit.
    Last edited by brutah; 05-08-2022 at 05:12 PM.

Come on, folks. Even suggesting that play was malicious or dirty or broke the code is nonsense. There are reckless plays that endanger others—clotheslines, undercutting, wild elbows, midair hard fouls, etc.—but I’ve never, ever seen anyone injure another player by momentarily grabbing their knee, which would be some Kill Bill-level kung fu genius if it were intentional. It's one thing to watch a 0.2 second moment in slow motion like it's the Zapruder film, but watch it in real time and keep in mind that Poole hasn’t ever been accused of being dirty. That said, it really sucks that Morant got hurt, and I hope he returns quickly and at 100%.

2021/2022 NBA Thread: Anyone but the Lakers or Nets!

I love that your go-to argument is "did you actually watch the game?" Did you? Because Ja was the only grizzlies player scoring in the 2nd half, he had 17 points when Poole injured him, finishing as the leading scorer of the game and second leading scorer of the second half.

You're also making a lot of assumptions on my thoughts. All I did was post "broke the code" and point out that the play you claim is where ja injured his knee was the first play of 2nd half, and he continues to play, doesn't come out of the game until Poole yanks on his knee. you got super defensive of your team lol.

I also don't claim to know why Ja deleted his tweet, but I would think the unprofessionalism of it was more the cause of deletion than the "response" you said it received. But it's obvious we viewed it in a different light and I'm sure your warrior's homerism effects your view and the algorithms.

I never compared it to Brooks' ordeal and I think that's a moot point. I don't think it was in response to that, but I do think the warriors have a track record for hunting another teams best player and injuring them in the playoffs. (Cough, cough, Zaza injuring Kwahi in the 2017 WCF)

The fact is Poole grabs Ja's right knee and the ball is nowhere close to where poole was grabbing. No one except Poole will ever know if it was malicious, but we're all going to miss out on a great series because of that bullshit.
    Just quoting this before you can delete it later. Lol… I’m not gonna bother.

And no, it’s not some algorithm, Memphis is getting clowned on across the board and Ja getting super ratioed after that tweet has zero relation to that sort of thing. Go look around.

Ummm Celtics had 17 free throws over the last 16:30 minutes of game vs 0 for the bucks. Guess we were watching a different game because I thought the officiating was pretty loopsided in favor of the C's and the box score agrees (Celtics had twice as many trips to the free throw line)

Giannis is so damn good. And to think they are doing this without their second leading scorer.
    I don't have a dog in the fight but thought it seemed lopsided in favor of the Celtics. Nto egregiously so.good game. One thought was that the bucks won in spite of shooting poorly from 3

Jokic MVP....please.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    Jokic MVP....please.
    So do they fly to Serbia to give him the award since the "MVP" got bounced in the first round once again

^^^bingo, not just bounced - swept - same guy they remove from the game for defensive purposes.

^^^bingo, not just bounced - swept - same guy they remove from the game for defensive purposes.
    hey, they won one game
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

oops

Jokic MVP....please.
    no surprise there, unfortunately. Not even unprecedented, similar to Westbrook getting the award in 2017 and getting bounced in the first round of playoffs.

continued media hate of all things philly.

continued media hate of all things philly.
    impressive win...that surprised me.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

I was happy....heat really just have butler and herro. Shitty #1 seed.
    Their fans even blow....don't show up till 2nd quarter

I don't think Embiid not winning is media hate of Philly, and I think Jokic deserved the award. Yes, he didn't make it out of the first round, but how good do you think Philly would be without Harden and Maxey? Embiid is great, fucking awesome, but he had WAY more help around him than Jokic did. The fact that the Nuggets made it in as a 6 seed is stunning; they would probably have the worst record in the league without Jokic, and that's not hyperbole. Without him, Aaron Gordon is probably their best player, with second best being who, Monte Morris? Will Barton? And yet they avoided the play in.

As for removing him for defensive purposes, I don't know what you are watching, but I watched a lot of the Nuggets and that just isn't the case. Maybe you saw it happen once based on something situational, but the Joker is a good defensive player. Not as good on that end as Embiid, I will grant you, but he is solid. And if you think otherwise you simply didn't watch the Nuggets and are going off a years old conventional wisdom, similar to the people that say Steph Curry isn't a good defender because that was the story many years ago.

Do I think Embiid and Giannis also deserved MVP? Sure, they all had amazing seasons. But go here: https://www.basketball-reference.com..._advanced.html and sort by any of the advanced stats -- PER, WS (plus OWS and DWS and WS/48), BPM (plus OBMP and DBMP), VORP, and get back to me. Yes, I don't put all my stock in all of those fancy stats, but if you're going to whine like the award got stolen from your boy, you should at least be able to back it up with more than what, "my team won 3 more games than his team in the regular season"? And "in the first round of the playoffs we beat a team that wasn't remotely as good as who the Nuggets played, and was suffering from injuries while the Nuggets opponent was firing on all cylinders"?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

i know, giannis, joker and embiid all deserving - embiid was the points leader, played all season without the teams supposed #2 player not playing a second and sitting out. also,,,,,,just to the eye, head to head jokic can't play with him at all....he can pass better but that's all i'll give him skill-wise over embiid. i think he could of won it last year too if he wasn't injured and missed too many games...this year he missed a week due to covid. games 1 and 2 against the heat plus the few games during the season he missed showed you how the team runs without joel.......even with harden, maxey and harris still out there......they're not good at all without him. other teams get their runs when he's on the bench. so yeah, i still think he got fukked this year......more nationwide detest of the process. congrats though joker....i'll step away now.

I don't get the media hates Philly angle. If anything there's always been an east coast bias because of how late the games start on the west coast.

This is a silly arguement.

Jokic was better by literally every advanced stat.

He achieved nearly the same record as the others with a demonstrably inferior team.

He had the highest PER rating in history.

He averaged 23/14/8 and had the 4th highest TSS in the league. And he played more games than Giannis and Embid.

It's a regular season award so there is no discussion about the playoffs.

I mean, Jokic winning isn't even a question. Anything else would have been biased. Giannis and Embid had spectacular seasons. Jokic was just better.

Might you expect the true MVP’s team to not do well in the playoffs? When you can focus a series of games on mitigating a single individual, a good team can be very effective.
    focus.

Jokic did most of the things Embiid did but was even more efficient in the process. He deserved it. Sure, Philly didn't have Ben Simmons for most of the season but then got Harden, whereas Jamal Murray never played one minute. Maxey is a much better player than Gordon or anyone else on that Nuggets roster.

And while the playoffs don't matter for MVP, Jokic has zero chance of winning MVP next year unless it's absolutely beyond debatable.

I still wish there was an East and West MVP.

embiid . . . played all season without the teams supposed #2 player not playing a second and sitting out.
    I will ignore the rest of your argument, because arguing that to your eye test, Jokic can't play with Embiid isn't an argument worth responding to. But this one here, is worth responding to. First, it was not all year, as Harden joined Philly mid-season and played 21 games for them.

But let's list all of Philly's best players not named Embiid that DID play and scored at least 10ppg
    Harden 21g
    Maxey 75g
    Harris 73g
    Seth Curry 45g

Here's a list of all of the Nuggets not named Jokic who played and scored at least 10ppg
    Aaron Gordon 75g
    Will Barton 71g
    Monte Morris 75g
    Jeff Green 75g
    Bones Hyland 69g

Without question, the top 3 on Philly's list are all better than anyone on Denver's list. And arguably, Seth Curry is too.

So you can complain all you want about how your second best player didn't play, but they got a replacement for him for the last 1/3 of the season. And Denver's second and third best players didn't play (Porter limped through 9 games before being shut down because he couldn't physically play), plus the guys that remained aren't close to Philly's 3rd and 4th best players.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy