Page 20 of 92 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    Cavs with a statement win over the defending champs last night. This team is looking good coming into the all star break in their own building.
    I still call it The Jake.

Draymond got a deal with TNT while he’s still playing. I’ve seen Player-Coach in old days, now we have Player-Commentator

Andrew Wiggins named an all-star starter. That's pretty funny to me, only player starting that averages less than 20 points a game.

East Starters:
    Giannis
    Durant
    Embiid
    DeRozan
    Ice Trae

West starters:
    LeBron
    Jokic
    Wiggins
    Curry
    Ja

Baseline stats are not a great measure unless you're a Russell Westbrook fan. Wiggins has been balling out and playing elite defense, often against the other team's best player. And he's still averaging 18.1 points per game on 14.1 attempts. Efficiency = good. If he averages 22 on 20+ shots do you think that's better?

But I don't know... whose spot did he take? Maybe it's still a stretch but PPG isn't a good argument against him.

On another note, Embiid has been great lately (right back in the MVP conversation). They can't waste his season with this Simmons bullshit. It's insane - he has the highest usage rate in the league and he's not a point guard or even a point forward like LeBron.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Baseline stats are not a great measure unless you're a Russell Westbrook fan. Wiggins has been balling out and playing elite defense, often against the other team's best player. And he's still averaging 18.1 points per game on 14.1 attempts. Efficiency = good. If he averages 22 on 20+ shots do you think that's better?

But I don't know... whose spot did he take? Maybe it's still a stretch but PPG isn't a good argument against him.

On another note, Embiid has been great lately (right back in the MVP conversation). They can't waste his season with this Simmons bullshit. It's insane - he has the highest usage rate in the league and he's not a point guard or even a point forward like LeBron.
    Such a homer...... Wiggins isn't in the top 20 in any statistical category, he likely wouldn't be an all star at all if he didn't win the popularity contest.

Players that deserve to be starters over Wiggins in no particular order....Anthony Edwards, Ingram, D. Book, SGA, Dejounte Murray, Donovan Mitchell, Luka... And yes, I get 3 of those players are PGs but LeBron is more or less a point guard ala magic and he's got a "frontcourt" spot

Plus when has the all star game ever been about defense? Lol. Plus I think Wiggins' defense is more a product of the system, the warriors are probably a stronger defensive team than offensive team which is really saying something. Easier to play great defense when you are surrounded and backed up by some great defensive players like Draymond, Porter Jr, Curry, Looney, Gary Payton 2.

Overall, I don't really care. I just think it's a joke he's got a starter spot. I heard Ben Simmons got a lot of votes too so there's also that.

I do agree that Embiid has been balling out. I think he's scored 30+ in the last 15 games or something like that. Makes me hate Simmons even more. The sixers and Morey really fuck up if they can't move Simmons (or toby for that matter) before the trade deadline.

2021/2022 NBA Thread: Anyone but the Lakers or Nets!

I said “I don’t know, whose spot did he take” and then you listed a bunch of guards and no forwards. That was sort of my point. Maybe they shouldn’t be position specific anymore since the game has kind of reached that point now? And the guard position is so deep it’s kind of unfair.

Anyway, no one really cares about all stars compared to All NBA slots.

Wiggins is a wing, those players listed above are mostly wings. Also, how could I forget Wiggins got voted in over Draymond? (If you want a worthy forward/front court player) I'd add Gobert and KAT to the list too if the NBA didn't have a specific center catagory, though I think you could make an argument that KAT is a PF.

18/4/2 and 67% free throw shooter, you're right, those are elite stats LOL and deserving to be in the all star game. He's not even an elite defender like you're arguing, maybe the forth or fifth best defender on his own team. GSW can put him on the best offensive player because he has some of the best defensive help in the league..... Just read he only got the votes cause a Kpop star had been pushing his fans to vote him in.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

2021/2022 NBA Thread: Anyone but the Lakers or Nets!

Tell me you don’t watch games without telling me you don’t watch games. Look, are there other players in the West more worthy of being all stars? Yep. But your line of reasoning is nonsense. Wiggins has been great and you listed a bunch of players who are mostly (all?) officially listed as guards- I don’t know what to tell you, look it up yourself. I don’t make the rules.

Oh and Kendall Jenner was pushing hard for Booker … like I said, all NBA is what matters anyway.

Morey will do some kind of buyout at the deadline i believe.....to get some kind of PG help especially. Simmons will be a summer deal IMO - very possibly Hardin. Harris has been disappointing much of the year but lately has balled out - think it was nagging injuries/covid. i was on board to dump him too.....but if can keep moving around good we might as well just keep him.
    shaq blasted simmons last night on tnt - was great, but hopefully every GM did not listen.

Ruh roh…Dubs shot 59% from 3 last night (21/36).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1643377292.891286.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	340.7 KB 
ID:	403182

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Tell me you don’t watch games without telling me you don’t watch games. Look, are there other players in the West more worthy of being all stars? Yep. But your line of reasoning is nonsense. Wiggins has been great and you listed a bunch of players who are mostly (all?) officially listed as guards- I don’t know what to tell you, look it up yourself. I don’t make the rules.

Oh and Kendall Jenner was pushing hard for Booker … like I said, all NBA is what matters anyway.
    Okay Homer

My line of reasoning is he's not elite and his stats back up my reasoning. He's an above-average player who got voted in by Kpop fans. He got like 4 media votes out of 94 voters, so I'm not alone in my thinking. You put up a lot of straw house arguments that he deserves to be an all-star and you've been riding wiggins' dick all season so it's not surprising that you can't get off of him. Wiggins is the wal-mart version of LeBron, and you've made no arguments that say otherwise.
    Last edited by brutah; 01-28-2022 at 09:17 AM.

Jeezus - I’m a Dubs fan and voted for Draymond in front court.

I’m happy Wiggins found a home. He’s playing well. I’m cracking up that K-Pop fans made him an All-Star starter.

Finding a 3rd frontcourt player wasn't super easy, but Gobert or Draymond are definitely better choices than Wiggins, even if I recognize that he's balling this year.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    Okay Homer

My line of reasoning is he's not elite and his stats back up my reasoning. He's an above-average player who got voted in by Kpop fans. He got like 4 media votes out of 94 voters, so I'm not alone in my thinking. You put up a lot of straw house arguments that he deserves to be an all-star and you've been riding wiggins' dick all season so it's not surprising that you can't get off of him. Wiggins is the wal-mart version of LeBron, and you've made no arguments that say otherwise.
    Jesus. Again, you listed a bunch of players who don't even qualify for the spot based on their position. As for Draymond, well, yeah obviously he's a better player but he's been out for nearly a month now which is why his votes came to a halt.

If you want to argue that they should just pick the best players and eliminate the position requirements, I'm fine with that. I already acknowledged there are more worthy players this year. But listing PPG as your main reason is also fucking stupid. Especially when Gobert - who I will happily admit should probably have the spot if it's only frontcourt / backcourt and no center - is averaging only 16 PPG.

Walmart version of one of the best players of all time? What does that even mean? Can I signup to be Walmart MJ?

I believe it is just frontcourt/backcourt.

I agree that Draymond lost votes because of injury, but I find this weird. He's played 34 games, which seems enough to make the team.

FWIW, Draymond finished 4th in the voting.

Player votes, Wiggins finished 5th overall (Dray and Gobert ahead) so it's not like he's a scrub and the players know it. Media vote he finished 6th (Gobert, Dray, KAT ahead). Fan vote finished 3rd.

So, while Dray or Gobert were better picks, it's not like he was COMPLETELY undeserving.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

^^ Thank you - that's really all that I was trying to say.

Also, it's kind of crazy how deep the Western Conference is at the guard position and kind of shockingly weak at Forward.

I was happy to see Ja make it as a starter... I think he's my favorite young player in the league right now, even if he gives my team fits. Want no part of Memphis in the playoffs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1643415332.143838.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	403297

Heh.

Did BMills watch that game tonight? Mobley is indeed a tantalizing talent, but god damn, Cade looks pretty good.

He started 0-11 in the first half, jumper not falling. The start of the second half he decided to drive to the bucket, once that started working the jumper came back into play. Ended up with 19 points, 10 boards, 10 assists, 3 steals, a block, and only 1 turnover. It’s becoming more and more apparent he thrives towards the end of games, he wants the ball and does good things with it.

Mobley has had the lead for the rookie of the year for all of the season so far, Cade and Scottie Barnes trading places at 2. I’m gonna predict it right now, Cade will win it easily.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Mobley has had the lead for the rookie of the year for all of the season so far, Cade and Scottie Barnes trading places at 2. I’m gonna predict it right now, Cade will win it easily.
    I did not watch any basketball today, and....

I don't disagree that Cade is a talent, but Mobley is having a better season and maybe more importantly his impact on the Cavs is much greater. The Cavs are fourth in the east while the Pistons are battling for the most ping pong balls for the 2022 draft.....

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Did BMills watch that game tonight? Mobley is indeed a tantalizing talent, but god damn, Cade looks pretty good.

He started 0-11 in the first half, jumper not falling. The start of the second half he decided to drive to the bucket, once that started working the jumper came back into play. Ended up with 19 points, 10 boards, 10 assists, 3 steals, a block, and only 1 turnover. It’s becoming more and more apparent he thrives towards the end of games, he wants the ball and does good things with it.

No I didn’t get a chance cause I’ve been wrapped up in Rolex24, NFL and Aussie Open all day between chasing the kid around to his sports. Looked like a good one for sure. Some of my favorite NBA memories were the rivalry games with the Pistons during LeBron’s first stop with the Cavs.

Cade looks like a great young talent.
    I still call it The Jake.

I did not watch any basketball today…

Mobley is at best the second or third (or fourth) option on the Cavs. His stats are a function of athletic abilities. The Cavaliers actually have some talent, Mobley admittedly a part of that.

Cunningham runs the show for the Pistons, pretty much all of the offense flows through him, especially in the fourth quarter. He’s making the poor talent level on the Pistons better by virtue of his abilities.

Don’t get me wrong, I think Mobley is a Chris Bosh type talent, the kid is good. Long, lanky and has good hops. I just think Cade will be better as a focus of a team in the long run.

I don't disagree that Cade is a talent, but Mobley is having a better season and maybe more importantly his impact on the Cavs is much greater. The Cavs are fourth in the east while the Pistons are battling for the most ping pong balls for the 2022 draft.....
    I haven't seen enough of either to have a valid opinion, but I agree this is the narrative that will likely win out.

Houston’s Kevin Porter Jr. has a screw loose and was talkin’ shit/mean mugging to Steph.

Steph dropped 21 on his ass in the 4th for a game high 40-piece.

Porter Jr played well (17/11) but got his tail feathers burnt after chirping.

Dude has had a rough life. Tons of talent but way too many boneheaded decisions. The Pistons briefly had his rights on draft day and I was excited at that point, I was bummed when they traded his rights to Cleveland. The Pistons dodged a bullet there…

If KPJ shit talked Steph out of his shooting slump I will forever be a fan. He was still not looking great earlier in the game and then like a snap of the fingers he looked like his old self.