Page 13 of 92 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jorion View Post
    I’ve caught most w’s games so far and this team is fun as hell.
    This is already without a doubt my favorite team since the 2015/16 squad. When KD joined Golden State it was beautiful basketball, but it was more of an expectation to win than it was fun - like playing with a stacked deck. This is fun again and should be even more so once Klay returns.

It's funny, sometimes Kerr really doesn't get enough credit, especially from our local bandwagon fans on twitter who kept saying how he should be fired over the last two seasons (no seriously, it was a thing). Employing the triangle + 2 defense against Brooklyn was a nice move, and he used 11 players in the first half alone to keep everyone fresh on D. He's also started to switch up Curry's rotation and minutes (even before he got into foul trouble) and isn't so rigid with the old routine, which I've been a fan of.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    This is already without a doubt my favorite team since the 2015/16 squad. When KD joined Golden State it was beautiful basketball, but it was more of an expectation to win than it was fun - like playing with a stacked deck. This is fun again and should be even more so once Klay returns.

It's funny, sometimes Kerr really doesn't get enough credit, especially from our local bandwagon fans on twitter who kept saying how he should be fired over the last two seasons (no seriously, it was a thing). Employing the triangle + 2 defense against Brooklyn was a nice move, and he used 11 players in the first half alone to keep everyone fresh on D. He's also started to switch up Curry's rotation and minutes (even before he got into foul trouble) and isn't so rigid with the old routine, which I've been a fan of.
    To your Kerr point clearly he's been very good for Wiggins...and I was completely wrong on his value. Dude is a good player.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Kerr is obviously a great coach, both at the technical stuff and in the locker room. Hard to believe that fans of his team would think otherwise.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

2021/2022 NBA Thread: Anyone but the Lakers or Nets!

I love Kerr and anyone who was calling for him to be fired is crazy, but to play devil’s advocate I have sometimes wondered how much of the team’s success was coaching ability and how much was sheer talent.

On one hand he made the team pretty much instantly better than mark jackson was able to, on the other there was that stretch without him where they were undefeated and it looked like Luke Walton was a good coach.

I guess also Lowe has gently criticized him for not switching up the team’s style to fit players like oubre last year who couldn’t play the pretty ball movement game.

This season so far is looking like a pretty big validation of both Steph and Kerr.

Thank god KD left a few years ago haha.

^^ You don't change your entire system for Kelly Oubre Jr. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Kerr is obviously a great coach, both at the technical stuff and in the locker room. Hard to believe that fans of his team would think otherwise.
    Like I said, it was only these stupid bandwagon fans who didn't endure years of losing and frustration. Buncha spoiled brats and casuals who don't know what they're talking about.

^^ You don't change your entire system for Kelly Oubre Jr. ;-)

Like I said, it was only these stupid bandwagon fans who didn't endure years of losing and frustration. Buncha spoiled brats and casuals who don't know what they're talking about.
    Reminds me of Seahawks fans around these parts. Virtually no one wore Seahawks gear and then they won a SB and all of a sudden the 12s were seen everywhere...interestingly it's going away again with this bout of poor play.

My friends in Seattle have mentioned that as well. On the Seattle note, lots of chatter about them getting an NBA franchise along with Las Vegas.

My friends in Seattle have mentioned that as well. On the Seattle note, lots of chatter about them getting an NBA franchise along with Las Vegas.
    Love it. I hope they do...and that they retain the Supersonics name. Las Vegas would be great too. there seems to be plenty of talent and enough of an appetite for NBA to support it.

When I lived in Seattle, Huskies football reigned supreme, the Seachickens were a mere afterthought.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Seattle should have a team again. Still mad about Gus Williams leaving though…

https://www.sonicsforever.com/gus-williams

Gus Williams is undoubtably the greatest Sonics point guard not named Gary Payton. Always steady throughout the regular season, his ability to dial it up to 11 during the playoffs was his greatest strength. His 25.15 point per game playoff average is a franchise record; the fact that Gus maintained that mark over 6 playoff runs is astounding.

The Sonics retired Williams’ #1 in 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Love it. I hope they do...and that they retain the Supersonics name. Las Vegas would be great too. there seems to be plenty of talent and enough of an appetite for NBA to support it.
    Moving a franchise vs. starting a new one is a lot easier for the owners to approve, because they wouldn’t be giving up more of a percentage of their profits.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Suns have won 10 in a row. Anybody watching them?

Maybe the Suns players are excited by the idea of the league ousting their shitty team owner? They've been playing great ever since that investigation was launched.

BMills - Cavs out-working, outplaying Dubs through 3

Edit:

Steph gonna Steph. 20 in 4th. 40 for game on 27 shots. Only shot 1 FT.

Cavs only scored 8 points in the 4th. Ran out of gas down the stretch with a bunch of injured guys not playing.
    Last edited by 54-46; 11-18-2021 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Seattle should have a team again. Still mad about Gus Williams leaving though…

https://www.sonicsforever.com/gus-williams

Gus Williams is undoubtably the greatest Sonics point guard not named Gary Payton. Always steady throughout the regular season, his ability to dial it up to 11 during the playoffs was his greatest strength. His 25.15 point per game playoff average is a franchise record; the fact that Gus maintained that mark over 6 playoff runs is astounding.

The Sonics retired Williams’ #1 in 2004.

Jack fukkin Sikma.

BMills - Cavs out-working, outplaying Dubs through 3
    And…. 9 more threes from Steph. 15 point victory. Lol…

And…. 9 more threes from Steph. 15 point victory. Lol…
    Yeah; edited after the 4th. Fun times!

Warriors head to Detroit for an on the road back to back. I have no illusion of the Pistons winning, but I hope they keep it close.

Pistons 3-2 their last five has made watching games a bit more fun. Cunningham gets better every game, he’s been clutch in the fourth quarter lately. Killian Hayes has been stepping it up this season as well, dude ain’t gonna score a lot but his defense makes up for it.

Go Pistons!

Back to back on the road and the Warriors were dragging ass tonight. You might end up enjoying tomorrow’s game more than you think. I’m looking forward to watching Cade.

Nice sixers win in Denver to get off the schnide.
    Short-handed too.

Gravity and spacing. Shit you don’t see in the box score.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq-ewG...ature=youtu.be

Gravity and spacing. Shit you don’t see in the box score.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq-ewG...ature=youtu.be
    That was great.

As awesome as Steph is and everyone knows it, I think he's still underrated. Which is crazy to say.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Warriors head to Detroit for an on the road back to back. I have no illusion of the Pistons winning, but I hope they keep it close!
    Curry and Dray out. Cade possible ROY. Pistons are actually favored.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    Curry and Dray out. Cade possible ROY. Pistons are actually favored.
    Half their rotation was out and the Pistons still couldn’t do it. They fought hard, had a few chances to tie it there at the end. Cade looked pretty good and I would’ve liked to have seen him get a shot at the three at the end. Although, those last few possessions it was apparent GS had figured out that dude could be the person to hurt them.

As a Michigan fan I had some solace in seeing Jordan Poole have a good game.

If Beef Stew is out for any length of time they’re gonna have to go shopping for a center, they didn’t have much length to begin with, especially after losing Olynyk.

The Celtics clawed back to .500. and knocked the Lakers under .500. I call that a good night.