Page 19 of 92 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    Also, I guess I haven't been following the Nugs closely enough, but Jokic currently has the highest PER ever. Not saying he will maintain it, but outclassing Wilt and Jordan (and Giannis), is impressive.

https://www.basketball-reference.com...er_season.html
    And the Nuggets are a very good team when he's on the floor, and possibly the worst team ever when he sits.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Even though I’ve warmed to the Jazz the last couple decades, I enjoyed watching Cade go to town on them tonight.

(If the Jazz had Rudy things would’ve been different,)

Hilarious. Every time Westy missed against the Kings, they’d play Foreigner “You’re as Cold as Ice.” Was 2/14.

Name:  Image1642088151.335229.jpg
Views: 324
Size:  238.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    And the Nuggets are a very good team when he's on the floor, and possibly the worst team ever when he sits.
    He should at least be in the top 25 for plus / minus then... and he's not. Not saying you're wrong, but that seems odd. Maybe they're just "ok" when he's on the floor and shitty when he's off?

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/nba...-in-plus-minus
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

So I caught a few minutes of the Knicks beating up on the Mavericks last night. And I was thinking to myself, wow, there's a team out there that makes the Knicks look good?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    He should at least be in the top 25 for plus / minus then... and he's not. Not saying you're wrong, but that seems odd. Maybe they're just "ok" when he's on the floor and shitty when he's off?

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/nba...-in-plus-minus
    From a recent Athletic article:

Jokic currently leads the league in nearly all of the all-in-one player value metrics. He’s tops in FiveThirtyEight’s RAPTOR, BBall Index’s LEBRON and Taylor Snarr’s Estimated Plus-Minus. Additionally, Jokic might be on pace to set the record this season for biggest on-off disparities I’ve ever seen from a single player. The Nuggets are 10 points worse on offense and 10 points worse on defense when he’s off the court. Essentially, they have similar point differentials to the best teams in the NBA when he’s on the court while being the worst team in the NBA by a good portion when he’s off the court.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Damn, Hawks sending Reddish to the Knicks for a first.

I would have liked him to end up on the Cavs.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    From a recent Athletic article:
    No, I've got you - Jokic is still playing at an MVP level, but given everything you just quoted there it's really weird to not see him on that plus / minus list. Total head-scratcher.

Interesting stuff, Danno and TahoeJ. I don't know the stats well enough to understand why that's the case, so I definitely agree on it being a head-scratcher.

Also, Brooklyn crushed Chicago. I only watched the ~10min game recap on YouTube but they looked pretty good against the #1 team in the East.

And this block from Ja? Has to be one of the most athletic things I've seen in the NBA.

https://streamable.com/0fh31g

Ja and Embid together....I can only dream.

2021/2022 NBA Thread: Anyone but the Lakers or Nets!

Well, to say the Warriors appear to be missing Draymond seems like an understatement. They're tough to watch right now. Bringing Klay back into the fold (on a minutes restriction) while Draymond is out has definitely thrown everything out of whack in terms of player rotations and what have you, plus Steph being in a slump doesn't help. He's definitely going to catch fire at some point and go on a tear. Fully expect to get throttled by Chicago tonight.

Edit: it appears my reverse jinx was quite successful.
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 01-14-2022 at 08:45 PM.

^^^Thanks for that; nice to have a laugher

Kuminga was impressive tonight

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b1PsVmFr9yg

No, I've got you - Jokic is still playing at an MVP level, but given everything you just quoted there it's really weird to not see him on that plus / minus list. Total head-scratcher.
    I believe the stat you linked to is +/- only for players on the floor, not delta between +/- on and off.

Lowe wrote yesterday that the nuggets are +9.3/100 with jokic and -11.8/100 without.

It makes sense that jokic isn’t top 25 on his own since the rest of the team is uh, not super good.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    Ja and Embid together....I can only dream.
    A nice dream but I think embiid would be in Vancouver grizzly jersey unfortunately. How about BS with a jumper. Now there is a dream.

^jumper never happening

One thing that stood out to me watching last night's game, Lonzo Ball putting in the hard work to change his ugly ass shot motion and actually become a good shooter with proper mechanics is impressive. He's like the anti Ben Simmons. He's shooting over 42% from behind the arc at a pretty high volume of over 7 attempts per game. His rookie year he was shooting 30%. Gotta give him props.

Cavs take down Kyrie and the Nets in a good one today.

Of course the headline reads “Durantless this and that...”. Sportswriters are going to get a cramp writing that the rest of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Cavs take down Kyrie and the Nets in a good one today.

Of course the headline reads “Durantless this and that...”. Sportswriters are going to get a cramp writing that the rest of the year.
    Bwahaha...well said. MCL sprain...I don't care how teams beat the Nets as long as they do. It must be nice to see Kyrie get throttled by the Cavs as a fan...I know it's satisfying as a non Cavs fan.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

It was most satisfying win.

Fun fact: This is only the second time Kyrie has played in CLE since he forced the team to dive on his grenade. He’s always found a way to not make the trip, be unavailable, fall off the edge of the earth... something.

Read the other day that Kyrie and Klay Thompson entered the league at the same time and despite missing 2 and 1/4 full seasons, Klay has still played more games.

One thing that stood out to me watching last night's game, Lonzo Ball putting in the hard work to change his ugly ass shot motion and actually become a good shooter with proper mechanics is impressive. He's like the anti Ben Simmons. He's shooting over 42% from behind the arc at a pretty high volume of over 7 attempts per game. His rookie year he was shooting 30%. Gotta give him props.
    As obnoxious as LaVar was when Lonzo came into the league, he sure raised some good basketball players. And they certainly put in the work to be the best and live up to dad's expectations lol. LaMelo is particularly fun to watch.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Kinda sucks games on the NBA network are blacked out on league pass. I have the NBA network on my Xfinity cable but I’d rather listen to George Blaha and Greg Kelser.

We paid something like $10 extra to get the NBATV games as part of league pass, but I can’t remember if that gives you the option of streaming the regional broadcasts or just the nbatv broadcast

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Kinda sucks games on the NBA network are blacked out on league pass. I have the NBA network on my Xfinity cable but I’d rather listen to George Blaha and Greg Kelser.
    I know it's not the same Bob, but I watch most of my NBA highlights via their YouTube channel. It's nice to get 80% of the game experience in 10 mins.

On that note, I watched Warriors vs. Jazz highlights/replay. Even without Draymond, the Ws looked really good. Poole and Kuminga - who I just learned is only 19! - looked great and they just had so much depth. Though I don't follow every game, from what I've seen it seems like they only struggle against teams with really dominant big men that are hard for even Draymond to contain (Suns, Bucks, etc.) but besides that their depth seems to be hard to match.

And that's even with Steph being (something like) 3 of 23 from behind the arc the last few games. I think I've heard the Warriors are 11-2 against teams over .500.

Anyway, they just seem to be very hard to beat, especially in a long series. More importantly, they're also fun to watch. (Grizzlies highlights have also been fun).

I think Steph is “hurt” and I honestly hope they shut him down for like 2-3 weeks. He doesn’t like to make excuses but watching his shooting form I think it’s somewhat obvious he’s having hip issues dating back to a couple of hard falls earlier this season. Like, what are we doing here? Plenty of wins in the bank… just get healthy for the playoffs.

Draymond is another matter. Hope his back issues don’t persist or we are screwed.