Page 38 of 92 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Go C's.
    Go run into each other like linebackers on the pick? That play wasn’t awesome. But it was kinda funny.

Not as funny as the Nets being down 0-2, but still funny.

Jazz are embarrassing and Royce is a thug.

typical fkn Jazz make it interesting right as I am about to head to bed...

4 pt game from down 17 at half time, and yet I am not confident

Missing open looks and giving away Layups..
    Thats my Jazz.
    goodnight

Wondering if they're getting blown up this summer and what that's gonna look like.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Man, the Nuggets are giving it their all, but it's so obvious how outgunned they are. The Warriors 5th best player may be better than the Nuggets' 2nd best player.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Wondering if they're getting blown up this summer and what that's gonna look like.
    Danny Ainge needs to quit giving BYU alums Handjobs for donor cash and get to work on the Uah Jazz version 10.0
    build yet another "perennial contender" that never actually contends.

Helps if they have a small big duo
    Stockton Malone, good not great
    D-will Boozer less good still not great
    Gobert/ D Mitch rinse repeat.

Go Dubs

the other day my 8 year old son who doesnt watch a ton of NBA ( bedtime and all that) busted out with" Dad, we are really lucky we get to see Steph Curry play, he might be the best shooter ever"
    mouths of babes and all

Thoughts on yesterday's games...

- Jokic was damn good and that was clearly Denver's best shot. I do think Gordon will look a lot better in his role next year when Murray is back. Poole's ascendence into a star is just insane. I always believed in his potential but damn I didn't see him going full baby Steph practically overnight. He's not afraid of the moment.

- Minnesota. I've said for a while that KAT is an empty stats on a losing team guy until he proves otherwise in some games that actually matter. He went full Ben Simmons. Anthony Edwards is legit and the entire focus of that team moving forward needs to be around him.

- Utah. Oof. They've gotta blow that up (not completely just partially), you can't lose to Dallas without Luka and give up 67 points in the first half. Time for a change of scenery for Gobert. He puts up those gaudy defensive numbers during the regular season but then repeatedly gets exposed in a playoff atmosphere.

They're now saying that Booker will be out 2-3 weeks. That sucks. Suns are deep though.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Yea Rudy has to go. I have gone back and forth on him for the last few years. I honestly think he is toxic as a teammate, loves to go to the media and diss on his team. He is an amazing defensive talent but not so much as a teammate
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

2021/2022 NBA Thread: Anyone but the Lakers or Nets!

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Go C's.
    Yup.

It feels like Jaylen Brown’s defense has gotten more consistent and his passing game has come a long way in a few months. Tatum’s defense has ascended to another level. Their team defense has been so fun to watch in this series and over the past few months.

Yeah, their defensive identity is fun to watch. And everyone on the floor is willing and able to take on any defensive assignment.

Contrast that with the Jazz, who have built their defensive identity around Rudy. Which works great, but gets exposed in the playoffs, when the Jazz have a bunch of guys on the floor who can't keep their man in front of them. Rudy can't clean up after all of them, and other teams exploit the fact that maybe the only plus defender has his own limitations. Rudy has to go, I think, but he doesn't deserve all the blame.

My finals prediction was / still is Warriors vs. Celtics. The two best defensive teams in the league (second half for Celtics once they got it all figured out, and when Draymond is healthy for the Dubs). Although Miami is pretty damn good on that side of the ball too.

Telee - it certainly seems to be a reoccurring theme that players just plain do not like Gobert. Is it a French cultural thing I wonder? I mean, I love France but the French can be total dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    My finals prediction was / still is Warriors vs. Celtics. The two best defensive teams in the league (second half for Celtics once they got it all figured out, and when Draymond is healthy for the Dubs). Although Miami is pretty damn good on that side of the ball too.

Telee - it certainly seems to be a reoccurring theme that players just plain do not like Gobert. Is it a French cultural thing I wonder? I mean, I love France but the French can be total dicks.
    With the Suns down their stud for at least 2 weeks, I think the Warriors are in the drivers seat in the West. The east on the other hand... Seems wide open, I would not sell the Heat short, although I tend to agree the Celts seem to be in the drivers seat.

Maybe it is a French thing, I too love France, but they seem to be reeally good at being assholes. What really confirmed if for me that Rudy has to go is that prior to the playoffs the Jazz had a p[layers only meeting. Immediately after Rudy runs to the media to talk about it - not a move that a team player makes. I dont think there is a team sport where playing as a team matters more than in basketball and in my opinion that is the thing the Jazz are most lacking.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post

I don't see how anyone in the east is getting around the Heat. Maybe Milwaukee. As much as I want the Celtics to go all the way, Jimmy Fucking Butler is trouble for us. Bam out tonight with an injury doesn't help them though against the Hawks

Robert Williams is supposedly going to suit up for the Celtics game 3. I think the Celtics blow out the Nets one of the two games in NY. If it’s Saturday night look for Kyrie to dribble in circles the second one so he doesn’t come back to Boston for elimination.

Milwaukee even with Middleton being out will be tough. Celtics need Williams back to full strength and no players lost to injury to get through.

Sixers have the best starting five. Rivers is a poor coach and who knows what the beard can bring. I just think Miami is better coached and mentally much tougher. I favor them over the sixers, but like the other semifinal I see it being tight.

Jalen Brown should neutralize Butler and I favor the Celtics to play through.

Out West the Dubs seem like the best team. They are my pick to win the championship over the Celtics. Good thing I don’t bet

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Robert Williams is supposedly going to suit up for the Celtics game 3. I think the Celtics blow out the Nets one of the two games in NY. If it’s Saturday night look for Kyrie to dribble in circles the second one so he doesn’t come back to Boston for elimination.

Milwaukee even with Middleton being out will be tough. Celtics need Williams back to full strength and no players lost to injury to get through.

Sixers have the best starting five. Rivers is a poor coach and who knows what the beard can bring. I just think Miami is better coached and mentally much tougher. I favor them over the sixers, but like the other semifinal I see it being tight.

Jalen Brown should neutralize Butler and I favor the Celtics to play through.

Out West the Dubs seem like the best team. They are my pick to win the championship over the Celtics. Good thing I don’t bet
    Problem with Miami is that it's not just JFB. Robinson. Herro. Bam if he's healthy. They gang up on you.

I really wish that the Celtics do not rush RWIII. They're gonna need him firing on all cylinders.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Problem with Miami is that it's not just JFB. Robinson. Herro. Bam if he's healthy. They gang up on you.

I really wish that the Celtics do not rush RWIII. They're gonna need him firing on all cylinders.
    I wouldn't want to play the Celts. KD got 20 free-throws but otherwise he's looked all out of sorts and that's got to be because of the Celts D.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I wouldn't want to play the Celts. KD got 20 free-throws but otherwise he's looked all out of sorts and that's got to be because of the Celts D.
    Life is a lot tougher when your opponent isn't just doubling your teammate. ;-)

I've been hearing for a couple of years now how teams would double Steph because you can't double KD since he'll just shoot over them. Such nonsense. Doubles have always given KD trouble (see games 6 and 7 of the 2016 WCF) because he insists on getting his. He's also 7 feet tall and it's a lot tougher to put down a dribble with two guys crowding you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    That was a rather interesting aspect of that game. I guess sending a 90%(?) free throw shooter to the line that many times is good strategy. It is when he's 7' tall and he shoots over you if you don't double up on him.

^^ Ha, I thought you were clowning on me until I read that again. Yes, KD will absolutely just shoot over one guy for sure. I’m still amazed that Bud in Milwaukee didn’t double him much at all last year - he barely got away with it and probably would have been fired otherwise.

Take that, Jimmy Fucking Butler!

Go C's.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1650769451.745865.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	167.1 KB 
ID:	414154

Lol…

No worry.....Ben Simmons will turn the nets around.

That POS, narcissistic fuck.