Page 15 of 92 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    ^^^^or Dame skips town??
    I think if(when) he leaves it will be under his conditions with some style/class.

ok, i'm ready to dump simmons......and embiid. morey playing hardball but it's only hurting this team at this point. guys like embiid and jokic are 80's dinosaurs who most likely will never win a chip. build around young maxey and rookie center bassey. get more athletic.
    I disagree re Embiid and Jokic. They are definitely not 80s dinosaurs. Embiid's problem is simply that he isn't in good enough shape to do what he can do for a full 35-40 minutes, and he keeps getting injured.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I am happy that we will no longer have Blazers fans constantly bitching about Olshey. And I look forward to Blazers fans bitching about whoever they hire in his place.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

2021/2022 NBA Thread: Anyone but the Lakers or Nets!

ok, i'm ready to dump simmons......and embiid. morey playing hardball but it's only hurting this team at this point. guys like embiid and jokic are 80's dinosaurs who most likely will never win a chip. build around young maxey and rookie center bassey. get more athletic.
    Take a breath. Embiid is great and he just needs more help. He’s shouldering way too much and it’s not really fair.

As for Jokic, he’s phenomenal but it’s also kind of weird at the same time. I can’t really comment without watching more Denver games closely.

I want to see Dame and Simmons team up just to see what happens. I think it could work. Better than another year of the same old in PDX right?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I am happy that we will no longer have Blazers fans constantly bitching about Olshey. And I look forward to Blazers fans bitching about whoever they hire in his place.
    Lol. Accurate.

What's Morey gonna do with Simmons? I really hope he doesn't come to PDX

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Take a breath. Embiid is great and he just needs more help. He’s shouldering way too much and it’s not really fair.

As for Jokic, he’s phenomenal but it’s also kind of weird at the same time. I can’t really comment without watching more Denver games closely.

I want to see Dame and Simmons team up just to see what happens. I think it could work. Better than another year of the same old in PDX right?
    I don't want to try it, but if Dame wants that to happen let's give it a shot. Simmons doesn't want to be here. I think had he embraced a trade to Portland he'd be welcomed.

No CJ is having health issues.

Easy with the WIP hot takes. I say they rebuild around Ricky Sanchez, they still have The Rights To him don’t they?

^^^either that or bring back TJ McConnel from the Pacers.
    Sorry, a 97 5 Fanatic listener....no WIP.

2021/2022 NBA Thread: Anyone but the Lakers or Nets!

Btw wanting to dump Embiid while he’s still dealing with Covid related health issues might be the most Philly take ever.

He legit said he thought he was maybe going to die.

Deal Dame to Knicks. They have 4 1st round picks next 2 years.

Take 2 1st Rd picks in 2022 and 1 in 2023, Burks, Noel, and Kemba (for salary), and filler (Knox, Samanic are expiring).

Burks and Noel are serviceable. Take a powder next year and then Kemba’s $9M contract will be gone. Dump the filler. $18M more cap space.

2 years - add 4-5 1st round picks or, more likely, use them for assets to round out deals.

In 3 years they should be able to have a young core they can develop.

The Knicks will have Dame for more scoring and leadership, and still have a mix of young/old players and a 1st round pick in 2022. Be fun to see him in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I don't want to try it, but if Dame wants that to happen let's give it a shot. Simmons doesn't want to be here. I think had he embraced a trade to Portland he'd be welcomed.
    Same. And Simmons unwillingly traded here would make for a disastrous locker room.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post

Take 2 1st Rd picks in 2022 and 1 in 2023, Burks, Noel, and Kemba (for salary), and filler (Knox, Samanic are expiring).

Burks and Noel are serviceable. Take a powder next year and then Kemba’s $9M contract will be gone. Dump the filler. $18M more cap space.

2 years - add 4-5 1st round picks or, more likely, use them for assets to round out deals.

The Knicks will have Dame for more scoring and leadership, and still have a mix of young/old players and a 1st round pick in 2022. Be fun to see him in NY.
    Yah, no.

This new narrative that Dame needs to go to a big market team is nothing more than media-fodder. What's worse, NBA fans eat it up. They can't help themselves and seem to want a star in a big market. Gross, no thanks.

Except Dame probably wants to go to an organization that can win and the Knicks for the last 2 decades have been a bit challenged and the organization owes him a some decency after being the pro he's been here. Nothing happening until a new sheriff arrives in town though....

I get what others are saying but I don't mind this deal, if Dame wants that. We keep CJ too and he's pretty tied to Oregon with his wine business. I think Nurk needs to go, so throw him at the Knicks too possibly. Powell can't be "the guy" based on last night. His play reminded me of a shittier Westbrook.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

I get what others are saying but I don't mind this deal, if Dame wants that. We keep CJ too and he's pretty tied to Oregon with his wine business. I think Nurk needs to go, so throw him at the Knicks too possibly. Powell can't be "the guy" based on last night. His play reminded me of a shittier Westbrook.
    You misspelled Westbrick

This Blazer fan predicts complete destruction of the roster.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Whaddayawant for Lillard? He’s been hurt, mediocre, doesn’t play D, and wants $45M a year.

How are you going to build a team around him and CJ? 3-4 other teams already own the Blazers.

Blow it up. Move on.

The Jazz are starting to get it together. They kind of coasted into the start of the season. I’m digging the additions of Gay and Whiteside. Whiteside had a well deserved bad rep coming in but he seems to have accepted his role and is a solid contributor. Danno, remember a few years back when you poo pooed me for saying I would take Mitchell over Tatum? I stand by my statement. Mitchell’s game is definitely improving, he is starting to really figure out the team game.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I would still poo poo that.

Entering the season, ESPN had Tatum ranked 14th, Mitchell 18th. The Athletic had Tatum in tier 2C while Mitchell was in tier 3B.

Tatum hasn't had a good season yet is still averaging 25.7, 8.8, 3.6, while shooting way worse than his career average. Given the small sample size of 20 games compared to a career average that is way higher, even just regression to the mean will be a big improvement. Mitchell is averaging 24.6, 4.0, 5.0, on shooting that is a little bit better than Tatum (and more consistent with career averages).

I love that you love your guy, but there STILL aren't many (any?) GMs that would trade Tatum straight up for Mitchell.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I would still poo poo that.

Entering the season, ESPN had Tatum ranked 14th, Mitchell 18th. The Athletic had Tatum in tier 2C while Mitchell was in tier 3B.

Tatum hasn't had a good season yet is still averaging 25.7, 8.8, 3.6, while shooting way worse than his career average. Given the small sample size of 20 games compared to a career average that is way higher, even just regression to the mean will be a big improvement. Mitchell is averaging 24.6, 4.0, 5.0, on shooting that is a little bit better than Tatum (and more consistent with career averages).

I love that you love your guy, but there STILL aren't many (any?) GMs that would trade Tatum straight up for Mitchell.
    And I love that you love your guy as well. I think Mitchells numbers are lower because he has a really good team around him. It will be interesting to see how their careers play out. I honestly could care less how ESPN or the Athletic rank them. My biggest concern with the comparison is Mitchell is smaller and might have a harder time holding up over the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Whaddayawant for Lillard? He’s been hurt, mediocre, doesn’t play D, and wants $45M a year.

How are you going to build a team around him and CJ? 3-4 other teams already own the Blazers.

Blow it up. Move on.
    I'm not saying to build a team around CJ. I'm saying I like CJ as a player and I think he's a very good dude. I wouldn't mind it if he stayed if he wants to. His salary is slightly more palatable than Dame's. Dude has a health issue so he'll probably be hard to move, and I think let him get better, if he can.

I agree though...it's time, blow it up. Probably should've blown it up after last season.

His salary is slightly more palatable than Dame's.
    Wow, how quickly things can change…

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Wow, how quickly things can change…
    sounds like Dame wants to stay, so CJ is going to have to get shipped if that's the case. I'm sure he's pumped...just had a kid, bought a winery.

So has Dame just been injured for like 6-8 months now? He was off during the team USA stretch and has had a bad start to the season... maybe he just needs to shut it down for several weeks (or longer) and get back to feeling healthy? Curry missing almost an entire season after the 5 straight finals stretch was a blessing in disguise. He rehabbed, worked out and added strength without suffering the usual in-game beatings and now he's as good as ever. As most of us know, after you turn 30-ish your body just can't recover the same way (and now it's way worse after turning 40).

Btw I haven’t purchased any type of team jersey in over 20 years but went all in with a custom one. If you get it then you get it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1639253316.910229.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	112.9 KB 
ID:	396247