Page 83 of 92 FirstFirst ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,075 of 2280
    More likely to trade Bogdan and a pick and/or other player for a complimentary young starish player

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Why not build around Spider?
    Good and getting better, coachable, exactly what all these young players will want to be in a few years, and what else are we trading for now, what makes the Jazz better?
    He hasn't "gotten better," he's the same inefficient chucker he was when he showed up, with a couple good playoff series that look like an anomaly now. He doesn't play defense despite that being something he should be able to do. He doesn't distribute and plays hero ball whenever he wants.

2021/2022 NBA Thread: Anyone but the Lakers or Nets!

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    He hasn't "gotten better," he's the same inefficient chucker he was when he showed up, with a couple good playoff series that look like an anomaly now. He doesn't play defense despite that being something he should be able to do. He doesn't distribute and plays hero ball whenever he wants.
    This. Jazz are going to be horrible without gobert. I’m going to miss that guy. He really gave a shit and was awesome to watch. There may be some (semi)legit criticisms of him in certain playoff scenarios but he is one of the biggest floor raisers in the league. Basically guarantees a .500 team.

Mitchell is top three most overrated players in the league. They should trade him before he gets exposed this year.
    He is super social media sensitive so maybe some of the criticism will get him to actually try on d and stop chucking at the end of games.
    "If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough."

I wouldn’t build a team around Mitchell. Seems like Danny’s lining up to reset the team.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Reset with who?
    Vanderbilt?
    The Australian Stephen Curry is in Portland now....

I’d guess the Jazz have Mitchell on the trade block too. Seems like full tear down and rebuild to me.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Reset with who?
    Somebody not yet on the roster.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Right
    So they have Mitchell and a ton of pieces
    Who?

Right
    So they have Mitchell and a ton of pieces
    Who?
    I can't figure out if you're being intentionally obtuse or just argumentative or if it's just that you expect others to predict the future.

I don't know who they'd trade Mitchell for, maybe a young piece that you maybe can build around, and certainly for more draft capital. When you do a tear down like that, odds are you don't have the new piece or pieces on the roster yet, but you have so many draft picks that you expect to get them and rebuild.

They may keep Mitchell, but knowing Danny's history, I expect another trade. And then there may not be anyone on the roster currently that "you build around", just a bunch of people that you try to develop and hope to draft the rest.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Tank for Wembenyama.

I can't figure out if you're being intentionally obtuse or just argumentative or if it's just that you expect others to predict the future.

I don't know who they'd trade Mitchell for, maybe a young piece that you maybe can build around, and certainly for more draft capital. When you do a tear down like that, odds are you don't have the new piece or pieces on the roster yet, but you have so many draft picks that you expect to get them and rebuild.

They may keep Mitchell, but knowing Danny's history, I expect another trade. And then there may not be anyone on the roster currently that "you build around", just a bunch of people that you try to develop and hope to draft the rest.
    This^^^.

For example, the Knicks have 4 FRP in 2023. Take 3 of those, add D Rose, Obi Toppin and Cam Reddish.

Jazz get off a 25 year old 6’1” chucker who doesn’t play D, and makes $30M/year. Jazz get potential (or trade pieces with smaller cap numbers) in two young guys, a short moveable contract with D Rose, and 3 picks.

Knicks get a scorer to pair with Brunson, Randle and Barrett, and they have Mitch Robinson to clean up penetration. Knicks become a short, low rent version of the Jazz. There is no D in New York.

Do we have Mitchell to the Lakers odds yet?

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Do we have Mitchell to the Lakers odds yet?
    How about 40,000:1? The Lakers don't have enough trade capital. Do you really think a rebuilding Jazz team that's collecting draft picks wants Westbrook?

As for all of the talk about how much Mitchell sucks... what am I missing? He's only 25 years old and put up solid numbers on a team that struggled to score because their highest paid player averages 15 PPG. Yes, he does suck on defense (he's almost as bad as Kyrie) but again, he's only 25. https://www.basketball-reference.com...mitchdo01.html

I'm not particularly high on him but seems like he's being rated a little harshly.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    This^^^.

For example, the Knicks have 4 FRP in 2023. Take 3 of those, add D Rose, Obi Toppin and Cam Reddish.

Jazz get off a 25 year old 6’1” chucker who doesn’t play D, and makes $30M/year. Jazz get potential (or trade pieces with smaller cap numbers) in two young guys, a short moveable contract with D Rose, and 3 picks.

Knicks get a scorer to pair with Brunson, Randle and Barrett, and they have Mitch Robinson to clean up penetration. Knicks become a short, low rent version of the Jazz. There is no D in New York.

I would be pissed if I was a Knicks fan and that trade went down...which means it will probably happen.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I would be pissed if I was a Knicks fan and that trade went down...which means it will probably happen.
    Yeah, I put that up to piss off my Knicks buddy. Knicks have some assets. Hard to evaluate though…

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    And he is from NY suburban CT..

I wasn't being obtuse intentionally, I just don't see the long game here.

We were only a perennial playoff team that couldn't take the next step so blow everything and pull a grizzles, hope we get a Ja Morannt so we can be a perennial playoff team that cant take the next step?

Help me out

We were only a perennial playoff team that couldn't take the next step so blow everything and pull a grizzles, hope we get a Ja Morannt so we can be a perennial playoff team that cant take the next step?

Help me out
    Yes. That's the NBA.

But you're hoping for Tim Duncan or LeBron James, not Ja Morant.

Help me out
    Problem with the Jazz is it’s always going to be tough to get good players to resign. I was shocked that Mitchell did. I understand the theory of get a ton of draft picks and try to get them all in at the same time to build a team with cohesion.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    How about 40,000:1? The Lakers don't have enough trade capital. Do you really think a rebuilding Jazz team that's collecting draft picks wants Westbrook?
    i don't think anyone wants westbrook. his contract makes it really hard for anyone to take him

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    i don't think anyone wants westbrook. his contract makes it really hard for anyone to take him
    Well... yeah, that's my point. A prolific three point shooter who can't shoot threes. lol... it's just amazing to me how little he's tried to adapt his game to reality. If he knocks that shit off he's still a solid player, but he can't help himself. One of the most frustratingly self-unaware players in NBA history. And I will die on the hill that his MVP season was garbage (I mean he was good but not MVP worthy). Should have been Harden or LeBron or Kawhi or Curry without question.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

he is such a bad fit for the laker's

he is a point guard, forward that wants the ball. aka Le Bron. obviously Le Bron is going to fill that role. so instead, he tries to shoot threes

the lakeres are a dumpster fire which really is amazing because they are the team to play for to get exposure and get off the court opportunities

I don't think it is all Le Bron's fault for being involved in the GM role

Hard to drive when your defender doesn’t respect your shot at all and your two other superstars aren’t really big threats from deep either.

That’s why Curry changes the game.

TJ Warren signs with the Nets on a 1 year deal.

TJ Warren signs with the Nets on a 1 year deal.
    That’s actually quite interesting. He has some talent.

Yeah, it's win-win. Just a 1 year deal so he can prove his value and get another contract. But when he is on, he can be great. And the Nets can't tank no matter what happens with KD/Kyrie, so it works for them.