Page 28 of 92 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    You guys are funny. All of this individuality in a team sport that more than any other doesn’t really work that way. Starting a team? I’m sorry but when was that ever the actual discussion?

Ok how about this then… I’m starting a team and I already have LeBron James. To go alongside him I can choose Dame, Klay or Draymond. I’m absolutely choosing Draymond to anchor my defense and help get the best out of LeBron’s offensive talents, the same way he does with Curry. You don’t play basketball in a vacuum. These fake little scenarios don’t really mean a damn thing.

All of those roles are important when it comes to actually winning.

Did you guys watch team USA last year? Draymond was clearly more valuable than Dame, doing all of those little things.
    In that scenario I'd take Klay.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    I think Ja is going to make all this silly Dame, Klay, Draymond stuff irrelevant. Then a few years from now we’ll be marveling how Cade took over.

I was just going to ask about Ja. If you were building a team for the next 10 years, who’s at the top of your list? I don’t follow the whole league as closely as everyone here, but I think Ja is easily top 2-3, right? Maybe even 1. Who else is in the conversation with him?

While I am curious of the build a team scenario, I just opened Reddit and he had two insane plays tonight that have to be shared:

https://streamable.com/r65jq1

https://streamable.com/uoltoz

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    You guys are funny. All of this individuality in a team sport that more than any other doesn’t really work that way. Starting a team? I’m sorry but when was that ever the actual discussion?

Ok how about this then… I’m starting a team and I already have LeBron James. To go alongside him I can choose Dame, Klay or Draymond. I’m absolutely choosing Draymond to anchor my defense and help get the best out of LeBron’s offensive talents, the same way he does with Curry. You don’t play basketball in a vacuum. These fake little scenarios don’t really mean a damn thing.

All of those roles are important when it comes to actually winning.

Did you guys watch team USA last year? Draymond was clearly more valuable than Dame, doing all of those little things.
    I don’t disagree Draymond was huge on team USA. But if you had Lebron - a six-time all defensive team selection and who is known for his basketball IQ - you’d select another six-time all defensive team selection, Draymond, rather than a great shooter like Klay or Dame? In that scenario I would go with a shooter, probably Klay, similar to Adolf.

I'd take Klay in that scenario too.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

And for the next 10 years? Luka is only 23, I'd probably take him.

ETA: those were some sick highlights from Ja last night for sure. And he is in the conversation. But there are some guys who are going to be great for a long time, like Giannis and Jokic who are only 27. And then guys younger than him like Mobley and Cade. And Tatum is only 23 (though even as a Boston homer and recognizing how great Tatum is, I'd probably take Ja).
    Last edited by Danno; 03-01-2022 at 09:27 AM.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Draymond was a beast w/ team USA, Pop talked about it. Also Dame was injured then, and IIR, Draymond told the coaches to take him out of games because of it. Healthy Dame is an offensive force. Defense though?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

2021/2022 NBA Thread: Anyone but the Lakers or Nets!

^^ Yeah and to be fair Dame was definitely injured. I really just brought up team USA because it was an example of what Draymond brings to the table.

If I’m starting a team right now with someone under 25 I definitely go with Ja. That guy is a killer and just has that extra thing in him as a leader. He’s so fun to watch. Luka is supremely skilled but his constant whining and poor body language doesn’t set a great tone for the guys around him IMO.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Embiid & the Beard seem to work well together thus far, we will see what happens when they play a real defense...

and, the fkn Jazz are doing it again and I dont learn. 35 + years and here I am again. After a hot late season 10 game run thinking the team is great, 2 stars, lots of complimentary pieces, great coaching....
    seriously, that last line has been true most of those 35 years..

and here I am again believing this team can contend, They just beat the Suns in Phx, the dubs look vulnerable, Memphis is..

Stop it Woodsy, just stop, you do this to yourself every fucking year, wise up....

but, seriously last 10: 9-1, averaging 117.1 points, 46.6 rebounds, 24.9 assists, 8.4 steals and 5.2 blocks per game while shooting 49.4% from the field. Their opponents have averaged 105.1 points.
    Beat the dubs!

reality check lose to the horrid Lakers

are they another hard out after 1 win? Finals and lose? finally win the title?!?!? I dont even know anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    They just beat the Suns in Phx, the dubs look vulnerable, Memphis is.
    I'll help you out.

Suns: CP3 is out right now. He'll be back for the playoffs.
    Warriors: Draymond is out, Iggy is out, and Klay has missed the last few games, Wiggins is tired trying to make up for no Draymond on D. They look awful lately but meh until players come back.
    Memphis is... good.

Absolutely savage burn by the reporter...

https://streamable.com/nvax3c

"What did I envision?"

"I would imagine some wins."

lol... Westbrook is such a clown. Man I've been loving this Lakers season so much.

Love the Lakers implosion, for sure.

And I'm loving the current version of the Cs, starting to wonder if they are a legit contender. They're sure playing like one right now, but I've been fooled before.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    starting to wonder if they are a legit contender.
    I think they are, if only because there are no teams without significant questions marks this year. Their D is simply outstanding right now. No weak links in the core rotation on D. Not sure they can beat the best teams if they're healthy and clicking, but that isn't the case at the moment.

FWIW, Boston is listed pretty high up here: https://www.theringer.com/nba/229480...bability-model

538 has them at the top: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...a-predictions/

I think that's a little silly, but they are playing better than anyone else right now.

It’s been a lot more enjoyable as of late watching Piston’s games. First half of the season was kinda demoralizing watching them go down by 20 at the half most games. Lately the games have been more competitive with them finally even figuring out how to win close games. 5-5 in their last 10 games.

Saddiq has found his groove, aside from an ankle injury setback Bagley has been a great addition (18 points and 8 boards in 22 minutes tonight.) and Jerami has toned down the ball stopping iso shit and is moving the ball.

I like Mobley’s game a lot, I loved watching him and Cade play in those rising star’s games. But, I think if the Pistons and Cade keep playing like this for the rest of the season Cade wins Rookie of the Year.

I’d be willing to wager Bmills a $37 bet to charity on the ROTY. Cade wins you pay, Evan wins I pay, Barnes or someone else wins we both pay? You in?

38 pts including nine 3's for Ant Simon's tonight, over 50% from the field. The kid is going off.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    I really like Klay as a player and would take him on my team in a heartbeat, but over Dame as top 75 no way. How good do you think he would be as the #1 option on a team? Didnt we see that when Steph was injured? Second, he missed 2 fucking seasons, lets see how the rest of his career plays out...
    Draymond I can be convinced (other than I just dont like him, thats a Jazz homer thing)
    I don’t think any opposing fans like Draymond. They are just tired of watching him get in their favorite player’s head.

...but they would take him on their team in a heartbeat. He is like richard sherman of thw nba (pre injury and drunken rampage).

^^ As a Niners fan can confirm. Hated Sherm then loved him on our team. Always respected his game however.

I know as Mags we're not allowed to like Lebron but...his game against the Dubs was insane. 56 points on 61/54/92. At 37.

You can like whoever the fuck you want..
    That was a great performance at 37, not sure how sustainable that is though. If he has to do that every night to get a better play in seeding he's gonna be gassed once the big playoff games come around.

2021/2022 NBA Thread: Anyone but the Lakers or Nets!

Quote Originally Posted by bearcub69 View Post
    You can like whoever the fuck you want..
    That was a great performance at 37, not sure how sustainable that is though. If he has to do that every night to get a better play in seeding he's gonna be gassed once the big playoff games come around.
    And more so if that’s what it takes for the Lakers to beat a struggling Dubs team without Draymond or Iggy than they are worse than we all thought.

Great performance though.

There were a lot of great performances this weekend. LeBron's, Tatum's against the Nets, Jokic against the Pelicans yesterday.

Jokic's was particularly insane as he had 16 through 3 quarters, playing well in a balanced way. Then the Nuggets collapse with him on the bench and they're down double digits with three minutes to go at which point he just says, fuck it, I'll do it myself and just overwhelms the Pels offensive AND defensively. Just a man among boys in the 4th and OT: 15 minutes, 30 points, 10/11 from the floor, 9/9FT, 3 rebounds, 3 assists, a block and steal in the last minute of regulation. The man is a monster.

Excited to watch the Jokic highlights tonight - I heard it was insane.

Yeah, I don’t see any hope for the Lakers and I hope the Warriors can get healthy and back on track again. Would love to see a good Phoenix and Warriors series.

Jokic highlights. How did a big slow 2nd round draft pick become the best player in the league?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv-tI2UnBWM

Embiid goes for 42-14 and 5 stocks in 36 minutes. Best player is pretty debatable but you got that “big” part right.