Page 42 of 92 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 2280
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Flagrant one, sure. Out of the game for that, when midway he literally tries to hold him up from falling? Come on. That wouldn’t even cause a fight in a pickup game.
    Looks like he tries to hold him up because half way through he realizes what a dick move it was. You must plate in kinder pick up games than I do.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

2021/2022 NBA Thread: Anyone but the Lakers or Nets!

I mean flagrant 1 for sure. But out of the game for that? Really?

Jordan would have loved this era… the entire Pistons starting lineup wouldn’t make it to half time.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Well Stephen A agrees with you so you must be right. I am probably biased by my Draymond dislike. His claim that his hand “accidentally” got caught in his jersey is laughable.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Nah, of course it was intentional. Just think out of the game for that is weak sauce.
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 05-02-2022 at 10:02 AM.

On the other hand you will be glad (or surprised) to know I am totally on the Dubs wagon this year. I just want to see Chris Paul go down playoff flames again.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Ha, I like that energy. Eff CP3.

I mean flagrant 1 for sure. But out of the game for that? Really?

Jordan would have loved this era… the entire Pistons starting lineup wouldn’t make it to half time.
    Mike owns the team -
    ain't there yet.

Draymond got tossed for his Reputation - And his mouth.

skiJ
    Last edited by skiJ; 05-03-2022 at 11:27 AM. Reason: sorry, Draymond --

postscript -

DraymondGreen is a special player - and
    an unusual individual.
    Without him, I wonder if they win a championship ( and they haven't won four, yet ) --

first choice is the home-state Bucks
    ( I look for the Celtics to rebound and give them a long, hard series - maybe even win )

I would not be disappointed if GS wins the championship
    ( Memphis and Phoenix will be challenging -
    injuries still seem to be a Big factor again this year )

thanks - interesting playoffs --

skiJ
    Last edited by skiJ; 05-03-2022 at 11:26 AM. Reason: sorry, DraYmonD --

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    Damon got tossed for his Reputation - And his mouth.
    Like Trae Young said, you have to officiate the play, not the player. That was a terrible call and even worse if it was reputation-based. Certainly a dirty play, but I don't think it was a flagrant 2.... Draymond hurts his defensive legacy by getting tossed all the time and not being available. It's cost the dubs before, we'll see if it becomes an issue in these playoffs. (3 points and you miss a game, why draymond missed game 5 in the 2016 finals and may have cost the dubs that series/championship)

Warriors definitely stole that one as that became a must-win once Draymond got tossed. Warriors in 5.

Bucks looked fairly in control and dominate over the Celtics. Same thing there, the Cs have to capitilize while middleton is out. Bucks in 5.

I know I'm biased but there seems to be a general consensus that the officiating in that Warriors / Memphis game was comically bad. You shouldn't need a challenge for the refs to review a possession play with 5 seconds left in the game, which very clearly would have been Warriors' ball. Nice D by Steph and Klay to hang on for the win regardless.

I still think Bucks / Celtics will go to 7 games.

Ja's passing is suspect. Maybe I'm the only one that thinks that, but he makes some really bad passes...does the thing where he jumps and has no where to go with the ball and throws it into defenders backs.

Also, maybe the Twolves weren't that good and Memphis isn't that great either? If I'm Memphis that loss really hurts. Got Dray ejected on a suspect F2. I just don't see the Griz getting it done.

Celts vs. Buck...that was an ugly game. It's crazy to me that the Bucks seemed in control the whole time. I'm sure the Celts will come back with something better, but the Bucks D was legit.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Bucks manhandled the Cs, but damn the officiating was bad. Not necessarily bad as in biased, but they let them play through what would normally be foul calls. Tons of times. Thought I was watching a late-80s Pistons game.

Jayson and Jaylen both played pretty poorly. I expect that they will bounce back with fire, but if they don't...
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

So am I glad I missed the game? I had brain farts all day, wasn't firing on all cylinders. I never looked up the schedule and just assumed it would be an evening game. At about 7:30 I pulled out my phone, and damn, there was a score instead of a time and channel. FML.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Bucks manhandled the Cs, but damn the officiating was bad. Not necessarily bad as in biased, but they let them play through what would normally be foul calls. Tons of times. Thought I was watching a late-80s Pistons game.

Jayson and Jaylen both played pretty poorly. I expect that they will bounce back with fire, but if they don't...
    totally agree on the officiating. It's not that it felt one sided in the Bucks favor or anything...just way more contact compared to a typical game.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    totally agree on the officiating. It's not that it felt one sided in the Bucks favor or anything...just way more contact compared to a typical game.
    So sorta like an AAU game? My son had AAU this past weekend.

But guys...

That's playoff basketball in the nba.

the deeper it goes,
    the more physical it gets -

it's been this way for more than forty years --

hasn't it ?

the three point line has changed the outside game,
    but under the basket , and on 'drives to the basket' ,
    it's been Full-contact since the days of Bill Russell and Wilt. !

hasn't it ? ??

skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    just way more contact compared to a typical game.
    If I didn't know the outcome and I read this I would have thought it favored the Celtics, not Milwaukee. I didn't see this game so can't comment.

I think officiating in the NBA is by far the most difficult in all of sports, but god damn some of the stuff they call is just unbelievable. In the Warriors Memphis game they reviewed a charge on Curry... and then said it was a charge not a block because the defender kept his left foot planted. Nevermind that he moved his right foot and his entire body into the lane of the offensive player. I mean, maybe read the actual fucking rules if you're going to be officiating playoff games? lol... a defender doesn't have to keep his feet planted, he just has to establish position and stay within that spot. Planting a foot doesn't matter. You could keep both feet planted for like 30 seconds and if you move your upper body over to block someone it's still blocking. Incredible.

If I didn't know the outcome and I read this I would have thought it favored the Celtics, not Milwaukee. I didn't see this game so can't comment.

I think officiating in the NBA is by far the most difficult in all of sports, but god damn some of the stuff they call is just unbelievable.
    Giannis just bounced people all over the place, with no calls.

Tatum got bodied a LOT with no calls.

But again, overall, I don't feel like the officiating was biased, just very different from all of the other playoff games I have been watching, and I do think the Bucks handled the physicality better.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Playoff basketball.
    Less calls, more physical
    Part of the reason players who count on FTs for scoring (Harden, Malone back in the day) dont come through in playoffs

Yea it just felt like playoff basketball to me watching the 2 games on Sunday, it was actually kind of nice to see some flow with the game not being stopped every 20 second with a whistle.
    That being said I still think Draymond committed a flagrant 2
    Flagrant 1 is "unnecessary contact committed by a player against an opponent", while the more serious Flagrant 2 is "unnecessary and excessive contact committed by a player against an opponent." Flagrant 2 results in an immediate ejection of the offender.
    The hit to the face I would call unnecessary, dragging him down by the jersey falls into the excessive category in my book. Tahoe J, I dont expect you to agree with me.

2021/2022 NBA Thread: Anyone but the Lakers or Nets!

No I’m ok with that after seeing the replays. I don’t think it was an obvious ejection but I also get it. The reverse angle in real time changed my mind a bit, because it shows just how much he pulled him forward. Still probably just a flagrant 1, but whatever. It would be nice if the league got a little more specific with their definitions considering their history with shady refs.
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 05-03-2022 at 05:38 AM.

please end this quickly for me Miami......it's too painful to even watch. Harden either has lost it - or undisclosed injuries. hopefully he's not going to be signed long-term. bench is worst in NBA........need to turn it over huge if they want to be significant at all next season.
    that is all.

I want the sixers to drag it out. Anything that might wear down the Heat in case the Celtics can get past the Bucks.

I feel like maybe Harden has never fully recovered from that hamstring injury? He was never known for fitness so it’s not surprising that he might start to decline a bit earlier. As you approach 35 your body just doesn’t recover the same way (don’t get me started on turning 40).

I feel like maybe Harden has never fully recovered from that hamstring injury? He was never known for fitness so it’s not surprising that he might start to decline a bit earlier. As you approach 35 your body just doesn’t recover the same way (don’t get me started on turning 40).
    And Harden hasn't seemed to take fitness/conditioning/diet as a year round thing. You can play yourself into shape in your 20s, but in your 30s it starts to become a different story.

I feel like if he dedicated himself to it like some guys do, he could return to the difference makers he used to be, but who knows.

I feel a bit weird acting like I know what his offseason regimen is, but it sure seems like he's on the chicken wing and stripper diet in the offseason.