Page 54 of 92 FirstFirst ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2280
    Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    ^I agree with Tahoe J, I would not be surprised to see any of the 4 teams win it all. The playoffs are so much more enjoyable now that I don’t have to see Chris Paul on my tv.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    ^I agree with Tahoe J, I would not be surprised to see any of the 4 teams win it all. The playoffs are so much more enjoyable now that I don’t have to see Chris Paul on my tv.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GettyImages-1320436871-e1622213981552.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	416612
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

CP3 hatred brings us all together! lol... the way Patrick Beverly was ragging on him on ESPN all morning was a little over the top, though. It's kind of enjoyable but PatBev is a clown.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    That Miami roster is stacked. Butler, Lowry (criminally underrated IMO), Adebayo, Herro, PJ Tucker... Morris, Robinson. The thing they have going is they have a lot of guys who can score whereas Milwaukee without Middleton didn't have many options outside of Giannis and Holiday. Boston won't be able to key on Butler on the same way they did on Giannis. Should be a great series and Miami having home court could be a very big deal. Gambling wise I'm not touching either of these conference finals matchups. Very easy to picture all four of the remaining teams winning it all.
    Lowry has been injured and not played well recently. How much he's recovered will have a big effect on the series. I agree with you on the other points though. They are a much more diverse offensive team than the Bucks and so present a different defensive challenge. Duncan Robinson has basically been out of the rotation. He only played 18 minutes total against the 76ers. Finding him a productive place would be good though as when he's hitting, he's really an amazing shooter.

^^ Good point. Lowry is actually a scratch for game 1. I did forget to list Oladipo however, and in general yeah that squad has depth. Of course, so does Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Lowry has been injured and not played well recently. How much he's recovered will have a big effect on the series. I agree with you on the other points though. They are a much more diverse offensive team than the Bucks and so present a different defensive challenge. Duncan Robinson has basically been out of the rotation. He only played 18 minutes total against the 76ers. Finding him a productive place would be good though as when he's hitting, he's really an amazing shooter.
    I think that's a good Heat play here. We saw it in the bubble in 2020. Butler will draw the defenders and Robinson will launch missiles, all with that goofy grin of his. Man I hate that grin.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Butler will draw the defenders...
    The C's won't double Butler much.

Lowry out for game 1, same for Smart and Horford.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Miami woke up after the half

I don’t know what happened in that Miami locker room at half time but whatever it was it worked.

I’d bet it was Jimmy Fucking Butler giving the troops the what for. That dude is a bad man. “I’d rather get stops than shots…” Dude grew up in a shit ass situation, gritted his teeth and became what he is today. I’ve got mad respect for him.

Jimmy Fucking Buckets.

He is a Bad Man

Guys… I think Jimmy might be good. Wow what a performance on both ends.

2021/2022 NBA Thread: Anyone but the Lakers or Nets!

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Jimmy Fucking Butler is a bad, bad man. Danno, I'd be worried. Hoop is one of the only sports where one dude who just refuses to be stopped can win a series by himself.

Celtics are a better team.

The Heat have Butler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Bring it on.
    Sorry Danno. Not rooting against you so much as I feel like I’m watching a playoff performance that will be remembered for a long, long time. The video of him yelling “Tobias Harris over me!!?!” after they eliminated the sixers was awesome. A bad dude doing bad dude things. Get out the way.

Jimmy.

Fucking.

Buckets.

Quote Originally Posted by Tri-Ungulate View Post
    He is a Bad Man
    The Butler did it.

There's a reason there are rumors of Jimmy B being Jordan's illegitimate son..

I'm not sure if I can recall a similar player who is just pretty good during the regular season and then an absolute monster in the playoffs. During the regular season when listing the top 10 or so players in the league, there's a good chance you might accidentally forget him and it's reasonable to do so... and then the post season starts and it's like, oh, right.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Sorry Danno. Not rooting against you so much as I feel like I’m watching a playoff performance that will be remembered for a long, long time. The video of him yelling “Tobias Harris over me!!?!” after they eliminated the sixers was awesome. A bad dude doing bad dude things. Get out the way.

Jimmy.

Fucking.

Buckets.
    I had the same feeling after Giannis and Co. kicked the shit out of the Celtics in game one of the last series and yet here we are. Not sure the Celtics are done. Maybe they get Smart and Horford back....
    "You're young and you got your health, what do you want with a job?"

What’s Horford’s deal? Covid?

It's a long series folks. I respect the hell out of Butler, Spo, and the Heat. But the series is just starting. The C's could really use Marcus and Al back though. Although I read that Al will miss two games minimum?

Oh I still have this series going 7. Miami just held serve at home in game 1.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Oh I still have this series going 7. Miami just held serve at home in game 1.
    I do think it was a particularly important hold of serve though. With the Celts winning two in a row to knock off the champs, they were riding high on momentum and so it was important for Miami to show well here. They did and now it's the Celtics to hit back. I'm sure they will.

Is it just me, or did that game have more incredible blocks (from both teams) than any game ever?

Grant Williams got the shit beat out of him. Literally. That was a little hard to watch when they replayed Oladipo's foot pushing his head into the court after I believe he landed on the ball with his ribs. Maybe I'm combining multiple trips he took to the floor in my mind, but damn, the guy must be sore as hell and maybe a little TBI.