Page 63 of 92 FirstFirst ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 2280

2021/2022 NBA Thread: Anyone but the Lakers or Nets!

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I very clearly said the Dubs blew it and Boston took it and credit to them. I just know how it goes with fucking Boston fans so posting this ahead of time. That’s it. Boston won fair and square.

To everyone else, you’re aware of Boston fans right? Philly fans are nodding. That’s all. Like at least admit your fan base habits. This is merely documenting ahead of the fact. You call me a homer but you guys are pretty much all time homers and it isn’t close. Queuing Bill Simmons.

Let’s revisit in two weeks.
    Wha, wha, wha. They are so bad I’m going to clear the record by attacking first with some whining.

Why don’t you post a video if this is such an egregious foul that it colors THE ENTIRE REST OF THE SERIES.

I very clearly said the Dubs blew it and Boston took it and credit to them. I just know how it goes with fucking Boston fans so posting this ahead of time. That’s it. Boston won fair and square.

To everyone else, you’re aware of Boston fans right? Philly fans are nodding. That’s all. Like at least admit your fan base habits. This is merely documenting ahead of the fact. You call me a homer but you guys are pretty much all time homers and it isn’t close. Queuing Bill Simmons.

What Boston fans here are like this? You're posting this here, accusing Boston fans here, in which case, wow.

I mean, yeah, we know about Philly fans or Boston fans, but I wouldn't say that cinnepa (to use a Philly fan here) is representative of "Philly fans", and I wouldn't post here preempting arguments that "Philly fans" might make it he's not making arguments like that. Have Boston fans been in here raging in the manner you're arguing against? Just a weird confrontational approach to take, but ok.

Since you obviously have a screen capture, why not post an actual video so I can actually see if it's the play I'm remembering or a different one?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Also I love that you’re trying to say this wasn’t an over the back on a rebound. Really? Lol… way to prove my point.
    Post the video, a screen capture doesn't show anything.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
    Warriors may win the series, but Celtics fans will always have this moment of butthurt you posted, so thanks.
    Haha no dog here until the Sonics are rightfully returned but the 1st thing I thought of when I saw the final score (I watched 1q then had to go) is “oh no, TahoeJ is going to melt down!!!”

Had to hurt for the home team after that start…

Also yes I thought it was weird they didn’t call a foul when that guy literally jumped on the dude’s back!
    Last edited by jfost; 06-03-2022 at 12:12 AM. Reason: And…

Having lived with insufferable Celts fans in the mid-80's when I lived in Boston, I get it. They're the worst, the absolute worst. On par with insufferable GS fans who jumped on the bandwagon in 2015. Not that I'm saying you're amongst that ilk, but such bandwagon fans often are the most rabid.

Let's just acknowledge that the Celts had an extraordinary night, especially 3p shooting in the 4thQ, and not bitch about externalties we cannot control in re: officiating, which only comes across as homer whining.

Not that it matters either way.

On to game 2.

Boston did well to hang in there for a small first half lead. GSW made it look easy in the third, maybe too easy. Not a lot of fight in the fourth. Boston won’t repeat that fourth quarter shooting again. Hopefully Tatum doesn’t repeat his shooting again.

TahoeJ you aren’t doing yourself any favors here

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    What Boston fans here are like this? You're posting this here, accusing Boston fans here, in which case, wow.

I mean, yeah, we know about Philly fans or Boston fans, but I wouldn't say that cinnepa (to use a Philly fan here) is representative of "Philly fans", and I wouldn't post here preempting arguments that "Philly fans" might make it he's not making arguments like that. Have Boston fans been in here raging in the manner you're arguing against? Just a weird confrontational approach to take, but ok.

Since you obviously have a screen capture, why not post an actual video so I can actually see if it's the play I'm remembering or a different one?
    while i'm 2 hours north of philly i don't experience the pain philly phans suffer on a daily basis; all their teams are so up and down compared to boston - who win across the board more frequently. philly definitely a blue collar town; much more so than boston imo.....and their daily mood is often representative on how their team played the day before. they live and die with their teams......winning the super bowl showed it - never saw so many families crying their eyes out during the celebration - even in local bars here.....in boston winning seems to be the norm or more of the norm vs. philly. i also think there is negative media bias against the town; whether it's "the process" with the sixers or throwing snowballs at santa for an iggles games years ago. that sentiment is clear if you ever spent time in the area, kelce said it best at the superbowl parade...."we're from philly fucking philly, no one likes us, we don't care"

now on this series with GS i see it ending before 7 games.....with boston winning it - as much as that kills me to say it. they're long and play amazing D.

The C's have proven to be on of the most resilient teams in recent history. Whether you look at it from their middling sub 500 start to the regular season, to the back and forth blowouts of the conference finals, to now this game, where Curry was on a historic 3 point run right out of the gate. They just keep their head down and ball. That starts with Ime, who really has been a great addition to this team.

And when Smart Bombs are falling they are unbeatable.
    Live Free or Die

^^^^yup - it also pains me that Ime and Monty Williams were both sixers assistants.........and let go!
    i'm still on a Doc gotta go campaign this summer.

lol... my bad, posting while drunk. Got some terrible personal news before the game and went a little deep! I'll own the absurdity. Sorry.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

lol... my bad, posting while drunk. Got some terrible personal news before the game and went a little deep! I'll own the absurdity. Sorry.
    Vibes man. For real.

The way the Celtics turned into a contender is pretty interesting. The most important thing was just drafting very, very well, but they also:

1) Ditched the dynamic, ball dominant point guard (IT->Kyrie->Kemba->Schroeder) for middling scorers who are intelligent and can defend multiple positions (Smart and White).

2) Re-acquired unwanted big men who can defend on the perimeter better than most (Horford and Theis, who was important for during the regular season).

3) Hired a coach with the ability to tell guys (especially the stars) when and how they suck while maintaining good relationships. Brad Stevens is an excellent x's and o's coach, but Tatum and Brown needed a kick in the ass from Ime to reach the next level. The C's offense works because those two are learning how to pass the ball (it's still a work in progress, in my opinion). The D works because those two set the tone by busting ass and relishing tough matchups (see Tatum on Durant in round 1).

While most teams have focused adding shooting around their primary scorers, the C's have focused on adding versatile defenders. They are only slightly above average when it comes to shooting 3's, but they hold opposing teams to a league low 33.6%. It will be interesting to see if they've identified a market inefficiency (will other teams emulate their approach?), or if they just have a good group of players and are playing a style that fits their strengths.

They only acquired Horford so they could unload Kemba and his brutal contract. Horford was to be a FA after this year…now next year is guaranteed at $26m if they win the title.

So don’t give Danny (or Brad if it was him) too much credit.

Tatum had a bad shooting night but kind of showed something. He elevated others, played good D, he’s really coming around as a top 10 player- starting with his defense
    Decisions Decisions

TahoeJ, sorry to hear about the bad news, hope everything is ok.

ISBD, I agree with your takes. Re #3, I think Brad is a great coach and had all the moves been made with him on the bench, they might be in this same position. I'm super happy with the job Udoka has done, but I don't know that it means Brad couldn't do that job. But yeah, Tatum and Brown's willingness to defend definitely sets the tone. Tatum in particular doesn't get the credit he deserves for being a great defender (or maybe he does, see All-NBA team selection). And they are definitely getting much better at facilitating, it's been interesting watching that happen in real time in the playoffs, both guys trying to charge through double teams and coughing the ball up, and realizing that they need to get rid of the ball a half second earlier, and doing it. They both need to improve on this, including their ball handling skills (Brown in particular has been abused, it's obvious that the scouting reports say this), but they are improving.

I don't think they have truly identified a market inefficiency, they just have put together a solid team.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    They only acquired Horford so they could unload Kemba and his brutal contract. Horford was to be a FA after this year…now next year is guaranteed at $26m if they win the title.

So don’t give Danny (or Brad if it was him) too much credit.
    I disagree. Getting Al back was certainly a part of that trade, and they definitely expected him to contribute (though he's obviously been better than hoped). Al had a team option with a buyout IIRC and what they did with it for next year was always on the table (though now it is off the table, I think I read they have already said they'll guarantee it, win or lose). I don't know how you don't give Brad credit for that trade (it was all Brad, not Danny), he got rid of a terrible contract and took back what many considered to also be a terrible contract, but he knew exactly what he was getting back. IOW, it wasn't just that they acquired some schlub with a matching salary, it's that it was Al that had the matching salary. But because everyone knew Al was more useful than Kemba with a shorter salary obligation, they had to send out a first.

I figured that if the Celts would struggle it would be early in the series, but that certainly is not what I saw last night. When the Ws were playing well the Celts seemed to take it in stride and hung around...then blew the doors off in the 4th quarter. so much for being tired.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Not that I care much about the NBA anymore, but as a lifelong Blazer fan, loving the news of Phil Knights interest in buying them!

Quote Originally Posted by puma View Post
    Not that I care much about the NBA anymore, but as a lifelong Blazer fan, loving the news of Phil Knights interest in buying them!
    Yes dude....here's to hoping that Jody doesn't blow it.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Wishing you the best Tahoe J.
    "You're young and you got your health, what do you want with a job?"

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I disagree. Getting Al back was certainly a part of that trade, and they definitely expected him to contribute (though he's obviously been better than hoped). Al had a team option with a buyout IIRC and what they did with it for next year was always on the table (though now it is off the table, I think I read they have already said they'll guarantee it, win or lose). I don't know how you don't give Brad credit for that trade (it was all Brad, not Danny), he got rid of a terrible contract and took back what many considered to also be a terrible contract, but he knew exactly what he was getting back. IOW, it wasn't just that they acquired some schlub with a matching salary, it's that it was Al that had the matching salary. But because everyone knew Al was more useful than Kemba with a shorter salary obligation, they had to send out a first.
    I give credit for unloading kemba. But the expectation that Al horford wouldn’t get immediately bought out after this year (or pay a 25m+ contract for an old big who couldn’t stick with any team after leaving the celts, where he underwhelmed a max contract) is revisionist.

Kemba had 2 years left at like 30+ each. They took on Al (1 guaranteed year left) basically as an expiring deal to get rid of Kemba. Save 1 year. Because he hasn’t been a 25m+ player in 7 years.

Now he’s guaranteed and- at least for the last month- playing like a 25m player. But it hasn’t been like that all year…buyout city (which is fine just don’t pretend they landed 2022 Al Horford because he’s still a great player and had any intention of resigning).
    Decisions Decisions

TJ hope all is well dude, hope things work out so you can enjoy game 2
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I figured that if the Celts would struggle it would be early in the series, but that certainly is not what I saw last night. When the Ws were playing well the Celts seemed to take it in stride and hung around...then blew the doors off in the 4th quarter. so much for being tired.
    Totally. After the warriors (curry) shot so well first qtr and celts were down…4??? That’s it???

I ripped the Celtics more than anyone. But fuck they’re good and really resilient.
    Decisions Decisions

I give credit for unloading kemba. But the expectation that Al horford wouldn’t get immediately bought out after this year (or pay a 25m+ contract for an old big who couldn’t stick with any team after leaving the celts, where he underwhelmed a max contract) is revisionist.

Kemba had 2 years left at like 30+ each. They took on Al (1 guaranteed year left) basically as an expiring deal to get rid of Kemba. Save 1 year. Because he hasn’t been a 25m+ player in 7 years.

Now he’s guaranteed and- at least for the last month- playing like a 25m player. But it hasn’t been like that all year…buyout city (which is fine just don’t pretend they landed 2022 Al Horford because he’s still a great player and had any intention of resigning).
    I disagree. I disagree with the "couldn't stick with any team" statement, when he was a poor fit in Philly and was poorly utilized (although his per game averages were fairly in line with what he had done the year before), and actually played well in OKC but they didn't want him to play well because they were tanking so they sat him. Yes, it was a salary dump, get rid of Kemba and take on less long-term obligation, but from day 1 there was an expectation that Al would contribute. Getting him back was always an important piece of that trade. I think it's revisionist to act like there wasn't that expectation. And he has played solid all year long. Granted, he has amped it up in the playoffs, but it was by no means a certainty that they were NOT going to pick up his option for next year; everything I have read all season indicated that it was an open question, because he has fit in so well.

Totally. After the warriors (curry) shot so well first qtr and celts were down…4??? That’s it???
    yeah, thought the same thing. They have the ability to seemingly play like shit but not fall far behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Better bring your wood screws!