Page 86 of 92 FirstFirst ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 2280
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    I think Dame is going to come out and kill it next season
    I do, too. He is angry and plays best pissed off.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Hollinger had some really bad takes about the Celtics, so yeah, he's a good basketball writer but he isn't gospel. Still, his analytical tools are incomplete and imperfect, but still useful.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Hollinger had some really bad takes about the Celtics, so yeah, he's a good basketball writer but he isn't gospel. Still, his analytical tools are incomplete and imperfect, but still useful.
    IMO Hollinger has completely lost touch. He thought there'd be a strong market for Kyrie, for example. He also recently ranked Curry as 17th all time - and while I'm not a fan of comparing players from different eras - that's just absurd. As a contrast, Bill Simmons just moved him into the 9th or 10th spot right behind Kobe. The comments on Hollinger's article on The Athletic were hilariously brutal. I mean read this drivel...

"John Hollinger: I had him 19th in our original exercise. Here’s the thing: Once you’re in the top 20, it’s pretty hard to move up. Curry didn’t need a ring to validate his career; he’s already won an MVP, and he’s already established as an all-time great. So what’s different about how we feel about him today? It’s one more counting accomplishment, but it doesn’t really redefine what already happened. Does this move him up past, say, Dirk Nowitzki and David Robinson on my list? I think he has a stronger argument now than he did a year ago, but the bulk of that argument is from 2015 to 2020 either way. Sooo … he is definitely more firmly a top-20 player with ring No. 4, but the bar to move the needle at this level is insanely high. Let’s call him No. 17 on my list now."
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

According to ESPN, the Jazz are now listening to offers re Mitchell.

He was always on the block, they were just slow playing.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

According to ESPN, the Jazz are now listening to offers re Mitchell.

He was always on the block, they were just slow playing.
    Yea when they saw the haul they got for Gobert they would be foolish to not entertain offers (not that they weren't anyway)
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    IMO Hollinger has completely lost touch. He thought there'd be a strong market for Kyrie, for example. He also recently ranked Curry as 17th all time...."
    yeah, that's pretty stupid. I've been watching footage of Kareem with my sons and that dude was an impressive basketball player. is it possible he's ranked too low now? Just an absolute bucket machine, defensive force and good facilitator. Anyhow, point is these rankings that hollinger and others come up with are ridiculous....splitting hairs between people like Kareem and Lebron and Jordan and Curry....really hard to compare dudes across generations, positions, etc.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

I think Kareem is underrated due to recency bias. If you look at his list of accomplishments I still have him ahead of LeBron if forced to rank players from different eras. He also had to play 4 years of college first even though he could have started playing at a high level in the NBA, so instead he became one of the best college players in history and won titles at UCLA. And yet he still has similar longevity to LeBron, having played 20 NBA seasons. I mean, damn, look at this: https://www.basketball-reference.com...abdulka01.html

On another note, I think it makes sense for Utah to trade Mitchell but they need to get back a promising 20-22 year old player and not just draft picks. It'll be interesting to see what happens with all of these guys if the KD trade continues to stall out since everyone is sort of waiting on that before moving. The idea of Mitchell going to the Knicks alongside Brunson sounds like good offense and truly atrocious defense with two small guards.
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 07-13-2022 at 10:39 AM.

Kareem equals GOAT. Plus he had to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Kareem equals GOAT. Plus he had to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes
    Hes not wrong...

Didnt we discuss this many pages ago?
    Minority of one is worth all y'alls time.

Most interesting summer in Jazz history for certain

In other news, Andrew Wiggins is an idiot: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...r-title-season

I know, but he’s still in Mensa compared to Third Eye Blind Kyrie. Like why even say that? Some of these players need to learn to STFU.

Kareem was awesome. Like the Airplane reference. Going to Turkiye next month. Will avoid the prisons there…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

In other news, Andrew Wiggins is an idiot: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...r-title-season
    True, but…

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1658329367.162741.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	373.8 KB 
ID:	421989

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Kareem was awesome. Like the Airplane reference. Going to Turkiye next month. Will avoid the prisons there…

Bring lube just in case.

Heh.

For those interested in the hip-hop <> basketball intermeshed cultures, I enjoyed the "King of Crenshaw" podcast about Nipsey Hussle from 30 for 30. I only learned of Nispey when he was killed a few years ago and NBA players spoke out. This podcast explained that connection well through good research and NBA player interviews (IT, Boogie, etc.).

"The death of rapper Nipsey Hussle reverberated throughout the NBA, where Hussle had deep ties. Why was this connection so deep and what made Nipsey such an inspiration?"

3 min trailer: https://overcast.fm/+dxvEfcrGI and the episodes can be downloaded in your podcast player under "30 for 30."

Grant Williams can say confidently - confidently - that Boston was the better team. lol... okay, clown. I hope for Boston's sake the rest of the team doesn't feel that way, because that's a loser's mentality. Take the loss, admit the other team was better, and focus on improving.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Grant Williams can say confidently - confidently - that Boston was the better team. lol... okay, clown. I hope for Boston's sake the rest of the team doesn't feel that way, because that's a loser's mentality. Take the loss, admit the other team was better, and focus on improving.
    That’s like every golfer ever. I’m good, but I’d be even better if I just made better decisions and was more consistent…

2021/2022 NBA Thread: Anyone but the Lakers or Nets!

That’s like every golfer ever. I’m good, but I’d be even better if I just made better decisions and was more consistent…

Except not really. I have yet to hear a golfer post round declare “I’m the better golfer.” Williams played like trash after game 1 and needs to STFU.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1658406844.927267.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	712.0 KB 
ID:	422062

Celtics fans want KD? At what cost?

Especially to get the Nets to trade one of the best offensive players in the history of the league within the division. I would assume either Tatum or Brown has to be included in such a deal and maybe a 1st round pick. Maybe that's what they need to get over the hump? Perhaps they look at the Middleton injury during the playoffs and think they're lucky to have made it to the finals and they need more to beat a healthy Bucks team? If I was a Celts fan I don't think this is the direction I'd want them to go, but it would probably make them marginally better?
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

At least KD can go to his left.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

^^^nice

I don't want him for what he will cost. He is 33.