Page 84 of 92 FirstFirst ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2280
    Once the Nets move on from KD and Kyrie I’m going to be cheering that team on big time.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Looks like the Jazz are planning on building around Mitchell, at least according to Adrian Wojnarowski, Tony Jones of the Athletic, and this AP piece about the young new coach:
    https://apnews.com/article/boston-ce...15d903b9e2c874

Utah introduced Hardy as its coach Tuesday. The 34-year-old, who was an assistant coach with the Boston Celtics, will steer the ship as the team sails into a rebuilding process with All-Star guard Donovan Mitchell as the cornerstone.
    But hey maybe Ainge is playing 4 D Mormon Chess with the press putting out the story he wants so someone offers him a dumptruck of picks and talent now that D Mitch is "staying"

Or maybe he goes to the sixers

^^^ehhhh...hoping not to lose maxey for any big move.

I’m completely biased (and it hasn’t been “officially” announced yet), but the best rookie max extension award has to go to the Cavs and Darius Garland.

Most confounding has to be NOLA and Zion.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Seems being that big is pretty hard on your body, I remember watching the game where he blew apart his shoe at Duke. That’s a lot of cash for an 85 game history over 3 seasons.

On another note, I’m pretty excited to see Ivey and Duren tomorrow night.

Holmgren looked all world last night, he came back down to earth today.

I’m completely biased (and it hasn’t been “officially” announced yet), but the best rookie max extension award has to go to the Cavs and Darius Garland.

Yes, you are completely biased. And Zion was a no brainer, they really had no choice. Even if he turns into Greg Oden
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Word out of Blazers training camp is that Sharpe has been living up to the hype, with "effortless scoring."

Might be an entertaining year.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Yes, you are completely biased. And Zion was a no brainer, they really had no choice. Even if he turns into Greg Oden
    I want you to say that last sentence out loud to yourself again, Danno. That’s a big gamble if he’s Oden.

Also, fuck Oden, he somehow didn’t get called for an international foul that should have sent Xavier on their way to a Final Four in 07.

Yeah, but what are your options? I'm not saying there aren't huge risks, but what option was better than signing him?
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Word out of Blazers training camp is that Sharpe has been living up to the hype, with "effortless scoring."

Man I hope so...need something positive to happen with that pick. Steph was picked 7 overall right? Could happen.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Yeah, but what are your options? I'm not saying there aren't huge risks, but what option was better than signing him?
    This. It had to be done. When he’s on the floor he’s really really good.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    This. It had to be done. When he’s on the floor he’s really really good.
    No argument there, just would have thought less than a max deal would have been the offer given the extremely limited sample.

In the end, who cares, not my money I guess.

No argument there, just would have thought less than a max deal would have been the offer given the extremely limited sample.

In the end, who cares, not my money I guess.
    That makes perfect sense in a vacuum, without knowing how the NBA and NBA salaries and egos work. Anything less than the max would get rejected and would leave you with a disgruntled (potential) superstar who wants out. I mean, Zion surely has the potential to be far more impactful on the court than Zach Lavine, or -- dare I say it -- Darius Garland, and offering him less money will just piss him off.

Too bad summer league camps are filled with guys fighting for 12th man spots and possibly a 3 way contract. I sure hope he works out but just saying.... Do you remember Jared Bayless?

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Too bad summer league camps are filled with guys fighting for 12th man spots and possibly a 3 way contract. I sure hope he works out but just saying.... Do you remember Jared Bayless?
    That's Jerryd to you...and I remember him...11 year career, made about $50m for being relatively meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Man I hope so...need something positive to happen with that pick. Steph was picked 7 overall right? Could happen.
    Lillard was 6th...Oden was first?
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

That's Jerryd to you...and I remember him...11 year career, made about $50m for being relatively meh.
    Summer league M V P his rookie year. Let's just wait to see what some of these kid do against real players on the fourth game of a 7 game road trip.

Lillard was 6th...Oden was first?
    Walton was 1st pick...Sam Bowie pick 2....Drexler pick 14...Oden was oooouffff....

That makes perfect sense in a vacuum, without knowing how the NBA and NBA salaries and egos work. Anything less than the max would get rejected and would leave you with a disgruntled (potential) superstar who wants out. I mean, Zion surely has the potential to be far more impactful on the court than Zach Lavine, or -- dare I say it -- Darius Garland, and offering him less money will just piss him off.
    And the hype train is still chugging strong. Zion will pack the arena and sell jerseys in a way that Zach Lavine and Darius Garland never will, even if they ARE more impactful on the court. I know I don’t have to remind anybody that it’s not just about winning…..
    focus.

Walton was 1st pick...Sam Bowie pick 2....Drexler pick 14...Oden was oooouffff....
    Don't forget Mychael Thomson(Klay's dad) the other 1st pick. Think of the dominance a healthy Walton paired with a athletic power forward like him in the early 80's when big men rules the league.............

The other thing about locking up guys on max deals right now... the salary cap is about to go WAY up over the next few years with new TV package deals set to take place (max salary is cap-based the first year but can't increase by more than 8% each subsequent year). So some of the contracts that seem over the top right now won't look that way in 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnslow View Post
    Don't forget Mychael Thomson(Klay's dad) the other 1st pick. Think of the dominance a healthy Walton paired with a athletic power forward like him in the early 80's when big men rules the league.............
    Sounds like Sharpe is hurt...left after 6mins...looks like a bruise at most, but I'm paranoid...see Bowie.

He’s getting MRI on shoulder. Hope he’s Ok

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

[QUOTE=Adolf Allerbush;6648881]Sounds like Sharpe is hurt...left after 6mins...looks like a bruise at most, but I'm paranoid...see Bowie.[/QUO

that list is too long for here.