Page 80 of 92 FirstFirst ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2280
    He created all this attention to see if there was a better option out there. When he discovered that the only real option was to sign for the tax payer exception of $6M, he decided to take the slightly greater salary that came with opting in.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

About $30 million more. Can't say I'm surprised that no one wanted him.

I'm not sure of the mechanics, but with the opt-in confirmed can the Nets still move him on that one year deal? (sometimes there are restrictions) If so, I wouldn't be surprised to see him traded for a much better $36 million one-off year for some team willing to take a flyer on him without being tied down for the long term. The Knicks come to mind since we know Kyrie likes NY and they've sort of stalled out without much of a plan in place besides going after (and probably over-paying) Brunson. At only one year there are probably a number of teams willing to roll the dice (but none of the big contenders).
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    About $30 million more. Can't say I'm surprised that no one wanted him.

I'm not sure of the mechanics, but with the opt-in confirmed can the Nets still move him on that one year deal? (sometimes there are restrictions) If so, I wouldn't be surprised to see him traded for a much better $36 million one-off year for some team willing to take a flyer on him without being tied down for the long term. The Knicks come to mind since we know Kyrie likes NY and they've sort of stalled out without much of a plan in place besides going after (and probably over-paying) Brunson. At only one year there are probably a number of teams willing to roll the dice (but none of the big contenders).
    I am no CBA expert, but I think he can be traded, because it's not a 1 year deal, it's the last year of his 4 year deal.

And I agree, I think he could easily be traded, IF (big if) KD is ok with it. Yes, they were willing to not be held hostage by Kyrie at the risk of upsetting KD, but that is very different than trading away a guy under contract.

But after all the shenanigans of the last few years, KD may be ok with it.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Can you imagine being Steve Nash right now? Bet he's super psyched for next season!
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

He’s prolly like: “Coaching was fun when I was hanging around the W’s in San Fran.”
    Maybe I should go to Vancouver and coach the kid’s soccer teams.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

“Normal people keep the world going, but those who dare to be different lead us into tomorrow." - Kyrie Irving, after signing his opt-in extension.

Man, this guy just keeps doubling down on being the GOAT of douchebag self-unaware athletes. I mean what kind of fucking idiot says that in that context? I'd rather see LeBron and the Lakers get another title before this clown.

“Normal people keep the world going, but those who dare to be different lead us into tomorrow." - Kyrie Irving, after signing his opt-in extension.

Man, this guy just keeps doubling down on being the GOAT of douchebag self-unaware athletes. I mean what kind of fucking idiot says that in that context? I'd rather see LeBron and the Lakers get another title before this clown.
    I'd like to see that clown on the Lakers and fail to get a title. Lebron is getting too old to carry Kyrie again.

Kyrie can still be flipped, but to which team?

Hilarious that KD is in prison of his own making.

We are in year 3/5 of Clippers “dominance.” They added Wall, who’ll fit in great with all the injured guys.

Are Blazers gunning for mid-conference again? Added Grant, what’s their next move?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I think getting Wall for $7 million is a hell of a deal to see if he can bounce back (especially since he still gets $40 M from Houston so he won't feel undervalued). If Kawhi and PG13 can stay healthy and Wall shows some version of his old self, that team is definitely a contender. Of course it's The Clippers so they're cursed.

The Ringer did a pretty good free agency preview: https://www.theringer.com/nba/2022/6...preview-rumors

I'm glad to hear the Dubs are making Looney their priority. His rebounding and screen setting (and everything) during the playoff run was hugely important. And despite looking 35 he's only 26, which technically means he just entered his prime as a player, which sure seemed to be the case this past season. Hope we can keep GP2 as well but some other teams are definitely going after him and at 29 and struggling to finally make it you can't blame the guy for taking the money.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Kyrie can still be flipped, but to which team?

Hilarious that KD is in prison of his own making.

We are in year 3/5 of Clippers “dominance.” They added Wall, who’ll fit in great with all the injured guys.

Are Blazers gunning for mid-conference again? Added Grant, what’s their next move?

The Blazers need to make a big move to contend...otherwise I think they should trade Dame unless he's cool with a soft rebuild and being mediocre (at best)...which he may be. Obviously he'll be past his prime by the time the younger players get up to speed, that is if Sharpe can develop into a good/great player.

I was trying to think of what teams have cap for Kyrie...Orlando, Detroit, Indiana, San Antonio, Blazers....even then they don't have enough...and would he want to go to any of those teams. Obviously the Blazers aren't doing it...Doesn't seem like something the Spurs would do...if they want a PG why not go for LaVine, for example, or Brunson. Doesn't seem like a fit for Detroit given they/re in a play their young guys mode IMO. Maybe the Pacers if they are convinced that's all they need? they'd have send back some players to the nets and do the nets want anything they have? doubtful.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

same guy who was M.I.A. - then nets found out he was away for his birthday.........think that was 2 years ago? and they still signed him then.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    The Blazers need to make a big move to contend...otherwise I think they should trade Dame unless he's cool with a soft rebuild and being mediocre (at best)...which he may be. Obviously he'll be past his prime by the time the younger players get up to speed, that is if Sharpe can develop into a good/great player.

I was trying to think of what teams have cap for Kyrie...Orlando, Detroit, Indiana, San Antonio, Blazers....even then they don't have enough...and would he want to go to any of those teams. Obviously the Blazers aren't doing it...Doesn't seem like something the Spurs would do...if they want a PG why not go for LaVine, for example, or Brunson. Doesn't seem like a fit for Detroit given they/re in a play their young guys mode IMO. Maybe the Pacers if they are convinced that's all they need? they'd have send back some players to the nets and do the nets want anything they have? doubtful.
    I don' think the Blazers can contend under current ownership and their lack of interest throwing crazy money to make that happen. When Paul Allen died the fanboy ownership changed to just another business that needs to be handled in the estate BUT if Phil Knight ends up buying the team they might have a different outlook. Under current regime I see Dame moving to a contender in the next few years in a well deserved attempt at a ring.

Trading Dame now would be selling low considering his poor team USA play (yes, while injured) and then basically missing a whole season. I think Dame knows he needs to re-establish himself next year.

Kyrie playing under Popovich would be hilarious - Pop would probably end up destroying him in pressers with brutal honesty when he pulls his normal BS.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    same guy who was M.I.A. - then nets found out he was away for his birthday.........think that was 2 years ago? and they still signed him then.
    Oh, it's worse than that. He skipped a game (or two) for his sister's birthday. He was already on the Nets at that point. Then there was the time he left the team for personal reasons (skipping multiple games) and didn't even call Nash to tell him.

When James Harden is sick of your shit because you're not taking this basketball thing seriously enough, the James Harden who is a notorious connoisseur of every city's best strip clubs and came to training camp looking like this

Name:  Er4yfLiXIAAIIzH.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  12.6 KB

you know you're batshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    When James Harden is sick of your shit because you're not taking this basketball thing seriously enough, the James Harden who is a notorious connoisseur of every city's best strip clubs and came to training camp looking like this

Name:  Er4yfLiXIAAIIzH.jpg
Views: 184
Size:  12.6 KB

you know you're batshit.
    Lol.

Trading Dame now would be selling low considering his poor team USA play (yes, while injured) and then basically missing a whole season. I think Dame knows he needs to re-establish himself next year.
    Agreed. My only hope is KD is somehow able to sign with the Blazers for a couple of years. That's the type of move that's needed to get them into contention.

Agreed. My only hope is KD is somehow able to sign with the Blazers for a couple of years. That's the type of move that's needed to get them into contention.
    Yeah, well I hope I get a pony on my birthday.

LOL. I'm not a fan of ponies.

I'm not either. But hoping a guy who is under contract for the next 4 years is "somehow able to sign with the Blazers" is not much different than me hoping I get a pony on my birthday.

Rumor in the 801 is that Jazz are in the process of agreeing to a 5 year contract with Will Hardy (asst from the Celts), Danno, good move or bad move? I know nothing about him

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I'm not either. But hoping a guy who is under contract for the next 4 years is "somehow able to sign with the Blazers" is not much different than me hoping I get a pony on my birthday.
    I follow...one can hope.

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Rumor in the 801 is that Jazz are in the process of agreeing to a 5 year contract with Will Hardy (asst from the Celts), Danno, good move or bad move? I know nothing about him

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    I have no idea. All the press this year has been Udoka, no idea what his assistants are like.

I have no idea. All the press this year has been Udoka, no idea what his assistants are like.
    Guess I will let you know next year at this time

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

is he one of the holdover assistants from Stevens' staff? Guessing so, because that means Danny knows him well.

I don’t know how many times I need to tell you this: you are not getting a pony for your birthday.