Page 74 of 92 FirstFirst ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 2280

2021/2022 NBA Thread: Anyone but the Lakers or Nets!

Wondering why they banned Fake Klay Thompson from the Chase Ctr…
    Seems like they need to be educating their security staff instead.
    The guy just shot some hoops?

https://twitter.com/iKlayThompson/st...nV_YyXh7NwkreQ

Is there something more insidious to it than that? It seems fairly tame fun from my limited knowledge

Mitchell Wiggins, Andrew’s dad, 36 years ago on June 5th, comes in off the bench to torch the Celtics.

Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I agree, but because it happened against Marcus Smart - one of the league's biggest floppers hands down - I kind of loved it.
    You're not wrong, Walter.

Not only was Wiggins great, but Dubs fans have to be thrilled with how aggressive he was on both sides of the floor. If this was a 5 game series he'd be the clear MVP.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Yeah the officiating wasn’t great but I thought the bad calls were somewhat evenly distributed. Free throw attempts don’t always tell the whole story.

Warriors went 9 for 40 from three and still won, didn’t see that coming.
    All of this. Obviously as fans of opposite teams it's easy to see only the bad calls against your team, and lord knows there were bad calls going both ways, but it didn't feel one sided. And I agree free throws don't tell the story. The Celtics hunt for contact and fouls more than the Dubs, it seems, so would understandably often get more FT attempts, even with an evenly called game.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    ....The Celtics hunt for contact and fouls more...
    And this is why basketball sucks 50% of the time.

-from a primarily hockey fan

All of this. Obviously as fans of opposite teams it's easy to see only the bad calls against your team, and lord knows there were bad calls going both ways, but it didn't feel one sided. And I agree free throws don't tell the story. The Celtics hunt for contact and fouls more than the Dubs, it seems, so would understandably often get more FT attempts, even with an evenly called game.
    I understand that the Celtics are trying to initiate contact and get fouls by driving to the hoop like they do repeatedly. My point was that there were several times where on replay there didn't appear to be any foul on a play and it was just the Warriors playing great defense...yet the refs bailed out the Celtics by calling a foul because I'm sure they saw Tatum or Brown miss the shot and figured there had to be contact. That probably happened 3-4 times...and Danno, i'm rooting for the Celtics as I've said a few times, so i'm totally fine with those bad calls...just pointing out that they did make a number of bad calls...but on balance, yeah, the Draymond rolling around on the ground and then Brown getting called for a foul instead of Draymond getting called for traveling...those sorts of things balanced it out...but it doesn't absolve the officiating.

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post

Agreed. this is one of my biggest gripes with the NBA.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Not only was Wiggins great, but Dubs fans have to be thrilled with how aggressive he was on both sides of the floor. If this was a 5 game series he'd be the clear MVP.
    You're just trolling me here, right? lol...
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    You can lump me in with the naysayers...who are now eating crow. I was watching the game with some Celtics fans last night and on multiple occasions it was stated "Wiggins is a problem".

That FT discrepancy was noticeable to me while watching. Not to bag on the refs but there were some ridiculous calls...on multiple occasions Celtics just driving into the lane, the Ws playing what appeared to be great defense, only to have a foul called. The point in the game when Draymond sort of fell over and then was rolling around on the ground with Tatum and I think Brown trying to grab the ball...how was that not a travel? Anyhow, lots of stuff like that all game.
    That travel non-call pissed the shit out of me. Just laughable that wasn’t called.

How about when Draymond fouled out, for doing nearly nothing, and a challenge and review held it up.
    I'm no NBA expert but that was absurd.

I kind of feel like the officiating and rules are going through a bit of a transition. Maybe they need to have a couple of off-seasons to get it dialed so it’s just isn’t random on calls. Somewhere between Laimbeer and Hardin I imagine
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

How about when Draymond fouled out, for doing nearly nothing, and a challenge and review held it up.
    I'm no NBA expert but that was absurd.
    The foul, I'd there was one, appeared to be on steph
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

except for football probably.......all sports should shorten their seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    That travel non-call pissed the shit out of me. Just laughable that wasn’t called.
    agreed, but man, they could a foul/violation every trip down the court.........gotta keep the game moving at some point. a job i'd never want.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    agreed, but man, they could a foul/violation every trip down the court.........gotta keep the game moving at some point. a job i'd never want.
    You shouldn’t be allowed to follow a guy all the way back to his own bench during a timeout in order to show him whose house it is… that’s a T looking for a place to land
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...

^^^automatic.

Here's the fake Klay Thompson video...

Kinda lame that he got a lifetime ban. It was all in good fun. Hope he at least got his money back for those tickets.

Game 5 breakdown... Curry may have gone 0-9 from three but still had a pretty solid game (contrary to the box score analysts).

it's WWE entertainment
    a slightly grazed elbow to the chin or chest sends the other player flying like he was a 90 lb weakling

Quote Originally Posted by k2skier112 View Post
    it's WWE entertainment
    a slightly grazed elbow to the chin or chest sends the other player flying like he was a 90 lb weakling
    Yeah, and people give soccer shit. The flopping in bball is embarrassing.

It feels like Klay should make it all better. Isn’t the whole thing pretty on brand for his persona?
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Yeah, and people give soccer shit. The flopping in bball is embarrassing.
    Hate the flopping but for the most part the NBA still isn't even close to as bad as soccer. Those guys roll around on the ground like they've had a compound fracture every time they get a foot stepped on. The women, on the other hand, have a sort of code of toughness and do way less of that nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I kind of feel like the officiating and rules are going through a bit of a transition. Maybe they need to have a couple of off-seasons to get it dialed so it’s just isn’t random on calls. Somewhere between Laimbeer and Hardin I imagine
    It really is an issue with how the rules are written. If the letter is followed, there is a foul on virtually every play (hence why Greens 6th penalty was not overturned). The NBA has elected for grey rule calling where the refs heavily use their judgement and discretion.

I will say what appeared to be retaliatory officiating against Smart was ridiculous. The guy runs into his hand and he gets a T, then he grazes a guys chin in response to a hold and gets another foul. It really seemed like the officials decided to penalize him for a while in the second half.

The flopping is also something the NBA could easily fix by making it a Technical foul. To their credit they finally fixed the crazy jumping into defenders shot to draw a foul nonsense.

Was that Tony Robbins sitting by Kerr?!

Early 12 point lead by Boston… since then, well, I’m pretty hyped up. Gonna be a long game though.

The wild inter-game mood swings are now intra.