Page 60 of 92 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2280

2021/2022 NBA Thread: Anyone but the Lakers or Nets!

Jimmy Butler cannot take that three! He’s a sub 30% 3pt shooter! They just needed 2 to tie and he had so much room to drive to the basket. Hell, I wouldn’t want Curry to shoot that in that situation…
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    For which team? The only thing I’ve noticed is a good number of non calls on both sides. Both are being super aggressive on D so a lot of whistles makes sense.
    Lowry baited the refs to a number of phantom foul calls in the 2nd and 3rd. Props to Lowry.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

2021/2022 NBA Thread: Anyone but the Lakers or Nets!

22nd finals appearance for the Celts. Ridiculous. Drive for 18 banners rolls on!

Jimmy Butler cannot take that three! He’s a sub 30% 3pt shooter! They just needed 2 to tie and he had so much room to drive to the basket. Hell, I wouldn’t want Curry to shoot that in that situation…
    Felt like the heat took a bunch of dumb 3s…. Drive it in. Want 3 pts? Draw the foul. Was so annoyed watching. Multiple consecutive possessions where Butler doesn’t touch the ball….
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Felt like the heat took a bunch of dumb 3s…. Drive it in. Want 3 pts? Draw the foul. Was so annoyed watching. Multiple consecutive possessions where Butler doesn’t touch the ball….
    Butler's legs were done in the 4th.

Jimmy. Fucking. Butler.

Is going home. FKNA.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Celtics v. Warriors ... should be a pretty good finals. I too am glad that the Lakers and Nets aren't involved.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    Butler's legs were done in the 4th.
    Yeah to be fair he played every minute of the game, with a knee bothering him no less.

Celtics vs Warriors should be fun. I see it going 7 games and I’m stoked my team has home court.

Yeah to be fair he played every minute of the game, with a knee bothering him no less.
    Yeah, I meant no disrespect. He was the amazing the last two games. But after 46 minutes in game 6 and 48 in game 7 he was clearly out of gas down the stretch.

Ya got to ride him as far as he takes ya. Without 94 minutes in the last 96 you don’t even have the shot to take.

Great series. Super fun. Was as good as we could have hoped.

Congrats Danno. Enjoy.

The Celtics tried really hard to give up and lose that game at the end. They were thwarted by Jimmy Fucking Butler who just couldn't let that happen.

I thought it was a great look by Butler, hotford was backpedaling....just didn't go in.

I was yelling at him “you don’t need the three!”
    Ugh
    Well played by BOS start to finish: took the lead and managed the game well enough up until 2:00 to go & just enough D to hold on from there

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    I thought it was a great look by Butler, hotford was backpedaling....just didn't go in.
    Butler shot 23% from behind the arc this season, making him one of the worst three point shooters in the league (Russell Westbrook was just shy of 30% for comparison). So there's no such thing as a great look for him. Sure, Horford was backpedaling but there was a ton of space and it was basically 1 on 1. Take it to the hoop, get your two points or at least free throws or maybe even the bucket-and-1. Love Jimmy Buckets but that was just an awful decision when only down 2 points.

I also think it was a bad decision. That said, didn't he hit a 3 just a minute before? IOW, he clearly shot 3s and made some of them, so it's easy to say bad decision after he missed it. But given the time on the clock, he should have held for the last shot or a high percentage one.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

^^ right. If only coach had put me in I’d have made a better decision.

All that said, I also agree with the general sentiment that he’s Jimmy Fucking Butler and the entire reason there was a questionable decision to make, and he more than earned the right to take it exactly how he did.
    focus.

Butler has some of the best footwork in basketball. So impressed with not only what he did on offense, but defense too. When Celtics got to 86 or so, I thought if they make 99 they win the game. Then they got stuck at 98. What a close game.

Golden State is the better team. Add in the Celtics are pretty beat up after the 7 game series against Milwaukee and Miami and I don’t expect a close series. Golden State in 5 with some close games, but the Warriors having too much firepower at the ends of games.

Butler shot 23% from behind the arc this season, making him one of the worst three point shooters in the league (Russell Westbrook was just shy of 30% for comparison). So there's no such thing as a great look for him. Sure, Horford was backpedaling but there was a ton of space and it was basically 1 on 1. Take it to the hoop, get your two points or at least free throws or maybe even the bucket-and-1. Love Jimmy Buckets but that was just an awful decision when only down 2 points.
    Spoelstra -

Got to get him two minutes between the end of the 1st and start of the 2nd, and
    A minute at the end of the third ;

If he's not Out-of-gas with twenty seconds left, he drives on Horford, scores and probably gets a free throw (( in Miami )).

Spoelstra --

two memorable games.
    Respect for JimmyButler.

skiJ

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I also think it was a bad decision. That said, didn't he hit a 3 just a minute before? IOW, he clearly shot 3s and made some of them, so it's easy to say bad decision after he missed it. But given the time on the clock, he should have held for the last shot or a high percentage one.
    Nope, he was 1-4 on the night, made one early in the third quarter. And I yelled noooo right when I could tell he was going to pull up - like I said before, in a go home situation you drive to the hoop there and I wouldn’t even want Steph pulling up for three (and I don’t think he would have).

Also on the being gassed note, shooting from distance is harder on tired legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    ^^ right. If only coach had put me in I’d have made a better decision.
    This.

Silly argument. Oh so you have to be a top NBA player now to comment on a play? Sheesh.

Let’s be honest, if Russell Westbrook was playing out of his mind for a game and then did that at the end he would be getting crushed for it.

Look, Jimmy was awesome and his teammates and Spo are down with him taking the shot, and that’s cool, still doesn’t make it a good play… especially with 18 seconds left on the clock. That’s an underrated part of it.

Love the shot.
    Decisions Decisions

So there's no such thing as a great look for him. Sure, Horford was backpedaling but there was a ton of space and it was basically 1 on 1. Take it to the hoop, get your two points or at least free throws or maybe even the bucket-and-1. Love Jimmy Buckets but that was just an awful decision when only down 2 points.
    You "take it to the hoop" guys are forgetting the fact that that single defender back was maybe the best defensive player on the floor (Marcus Smart's DPOY notwithstanding) who was playing extremely well at that point

It *was* a good look, and a good shot to take the lead and put all the pressure on the C's, on the road, after Miami had erased a - what, 13 point lead? - with less than 3 mintues left in the game? The momentum was ALL Heat at that point. It was a good shot, it just didn't fall and I'm very glad that it didn't. If he hits that, the crowd explodes and the Heat likely win that game.

I also saw elsewhere, can't confirm, that he hit something like 47% on transition 3s.

As I said initially, I do think it was the wrong call, but I also totally understand taking that shot.

29% on 3’s prob close to 40+% on open in rhythm uncontested 3’s over the year. And he was in rhythm at that point.

Drive on horford…maybe 55% you end up w 2 points?

Best case scenarios. Hit the 3 you win. Hit the 2 you go to overtime and have a 50/50 shot at winning.

All that said…Jimmy butler isn’t doing ANY analytics. He hits a 2 there and they lose in OT (or in the 15 remaining seconds) we don’t second guess. No one says shit about his shot choice. He hits the 3 and erases any chance of losing in OT.
    Decisions Decisions