Page 78 of 92 FirstFirst ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2280
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Jerami Grant to Portland for a 2025 pick. Must be lightly or not protected, because it seems they could have received more otherwise. Still, seems like Portland insists on trying to compete.
    Well, yeah. That's the idea, especially with Dame in the mix.

Regarding, Grant, Detroit got fleeced. I get what they're doing but man, I sure think they could have done better for a 19/4 guy who plays solid defense on the wing. I'd be pissed if I was a Piston's fan.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Cade? Do we call him Cam? Confuse.
    Typo, my bad! CADE!
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    Well, yeah. That's the idea, especially with Dame in the mix.

Regarding, Grant, Detroit got fleeced. I get what they're doing but man, I sure think they could have done better for a 19/4 guy who plays solid defense on the wing. I'd be pissed if I was a Piston's fan.
    I know that's the idea, I just think it's funny, because it's not going to be successful.

As for the deal, I thought the same, but reports are that this was the best offer they received, now and back at the trade deadline.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by The Reverend Floater View Post
    ESPN trade grades:

Portland B
    Detroit A-

With the trade Detroit has twice the cap room of any other team. It remains to be seen what they do with the money, but I trust Weaver. The Piston's were 12-23 without Grant this season, and 15-39 with him in the lineup (He missed a number of games with torn thumb ligaments.) I'm a Piston's fan, I'm fine with it.

The Athletic also gave the Blazers a B, but gave the Pistons a C+.

But really, I think the only question is whether they got enough draft capital, because getting rid of that salary without taking any back is a win.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The Athletic is reporting that Kevin Durant is aware of the Kyrie situation and is monitoring it.

Man, that's some top notch journalism there.

And the notion that KD is dealing with this cracks me up.

ETA: according to ESPN, Kyrie's list (if he leaves the Nets) is the Los Angeles Lakers, LA Clippers, New York Knicks, Miami Heat, Dallas Mavericks and Philadelphia 76ers.

I can't see the Heat or the Mavs wanting him, the Heat because of culture and the Mavs because of Luka. The Sixers would be fucking hysterical, if he got reunited with Harden OR if Harden got shipped back to the Nets.

The fun starts tonight

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    ESPN trade grades:

Portland B
    Detroit A-

With the trade Detroit has twice the cap room of any other team. It remains to be seen what they do with the money, but I trust Weaver. The Piston's were 12-23 without Grant this season, and 15-39 with him in the lineup (He missed a number of games with torn thumb ligaments.) I'm a Piston's fan, I'm fine with it.
    I love the trade for the Blazers. I don't know what it does for Detroit...I guess the hope is you can max out Ayton and pair him with Cade, which gets you where? seems mediocre at best...but maybe in a few more years Detroit will be ok? Detroit will likely get a pick in the 25-30 range from the Bucks in 2025. Not a lot of value there...at best you can expect to draft someone like Grant.

Blazers are in win now mode with Dame. I'm with Dano, probably isn't going to work...but it's nice to see them doing something.

I’m just here to heckle and to root hard for the Lakers to somehow end up with Kyrie.

Father son reunion. ;-)
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I’m just here to heckle and to root hard for the Lakers to somehow end up with Kyrie.
    Yup.

So far so good for the Pistons, pretty much the entire fanbase was hoping the Kangz would draft Murray and Ivey would be available. I have the Big Ten network and have seen a lot of Ivey, kid is athletic as hell. Him and Cade should be a stout backcourt.

Then they flipped the Bucks 2025 first rounder and an eat of Kemba Walker’s contract (pretty minimal) into the 13th pick where they grabbed Jalen Duren. Duren was mocked in the top ten on most lists, seems like a good value at 13. He’s the youngest guy in the draft and can sit behind (hopefully Ayton) for a few years.

Bey, Stewart, and Hayes have all been improving, I think the Pistons are in pretty good shape moving forward. I’m definitely buying the individual team thing again next season on NBA.com.

Anytime you can draft directly after Sacramento, there's a solid chance that player will be good. I still can't believe they passed on Luka. Oof.

The Pistons killed the draft. I'd now be stoked to be a Pistons fan.

I'm morbidly intrigued on the Blazers' selection of Sharpe. The kid has almost created his own legend, but with very little actual evidence. Smells like a classic Blazers draft pick (see Sebastian Telfair). I know a lot of people thought we blew it on Dame, too, but at least they saw him in the tourney and had some sort of basis.

The Blazers will most likely struggle next year but I'll say this....with Simons, Little, Grant, Hart and now presumably Sharpe, they've got some really entertaining athletes on that roster. He and Simons could be a hell of a back court in three years.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    So far so good for the Pistons, pretty much the entire fanbase was hoping the Kangz would draft Murray and Ivey would be available. I have the Big Ten network and have seen a lot of Ivey, kid is athletic as hell. Him and Cade should be a stout backcourt.

Then they flipped the Bucks 2025 first rounder and an eat of Kemba Walker’s contract (pretty minimal) into the 13th pick where they grabbed Jalen Duren. Duren was mocked in the top ten on most lists, seems like a good value at 13. He’s the youngest guy in the draft and can sit behind (hopefully Ayton) for a few years.

Bey, Stewart, and Hayes have all been improving, I think the Pistons are in pretty good shape moving forward. I’m definitely buying the individual team thing again next season on NBA.com.
    That was solid for Detroit. I change my tune. That'll be fun to see how it ends up.

Sharpe for the Zers....I'll hope for the best I guess.

2021/2022 NBA Thread: Anyone but the Lakers or Nets!

I hope I’m wrong but I don’t like the Sharpe pick at all. Not sure if there’s a back story to him not playing at Kentucky. But taking a year sabbatical at 18 doesn’t give me the feeling that he’s ready to put in hard work. Hope I’m wrong. Being a life long Blazer fan has been painful so many times.

Also the NBA really needs to figure out something so these guys aren’t putting on the hats of a team they’re not going to play for.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Anytime you can draft directly after Sacramento, there's a solid chance that player will be good. I still can't believe they passed on Luka. Oof.
    Ok this is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    … But taking a year sabbatical at 18 doesn’t give me the feeling that he’s ready to put in hard work. Hope I’m wrong…
    Right? What is he tired or something?!? Big red flags waving all over the place!

Rockets and pistons....young and will be fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by jfost View Post
    Right? What is he tired or something?!? Big red flags waving all over the place!
    He must not have looked very good relative to the other Kentucky players so they kept him out to avoid having his draft stock impacted. That's all I can come up with...which is obviously not great. Hopefully i'm wrong and he turns out to be a stud. Everything else about him sounds great.

I didn't mind the Jabari Walker pick in the 2nd...

It's a weird team currently...starting line up is Dame, Simons, Hart/Little, Grant, and Nurk? It sounds like Toronto wants a true center for OG...I'd jettison Nurk for OG, probably need more in that deal? Then sign some retreads at center? McGee? Superman? Mo Bamba

Zach Lowe: "Teams are already operating under, not the assumption, but ‘we need to prepare for the contingency’ that Kevin Durant is available via trade in 6-7 days"

This is gonna be wild. lol... let the chaos begin. Happy to watch the world burn as we prepare for a Warriors / Boston rematch (not counting out the Bucks however, and I guess the Grizzlies).

Funny line from Tim Kawakami following the Warriors win last week: "If you come at the petty king, you best not miss."

I don't think KD is going to ask out. I just don't know where he goes that would be that much better (or, rather, better after they send out matching salary). It's the double edged sword of being a veteran max player. Occasionally you get lucky, a la the Lakers 2 years ago, but it's hard to put together a complete team when one guy is making $45M.

That said, I too love the drama.

How about KD to Phoenix for Ayton and some other assets in a sign and trade? Not completely out of line... Brooklyn sees what they can build with a young Ayton and Simmons and the Suns are in win now mode and bring in a superstar.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    How about KD to Phoenix for Ayton and some other assets in a sign and trade? Not completely out of line... Brooklyn sees what they can build with a young Ayton and Simmons and the Suns are in win now mode and bring in a superstar.
    KD, bron, Westbrook, Uncle Drew (the return) and Harden to the Celtics to form an all-petty super team!!!!
    ... jfost is really ignorant, he often just needs simple facts laid out for him...