Page 6 of 92 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    Celts fans (Danno?), would you trade Jalen Brown for Dame straight up?
    I would not, but only because of age. Also Jaylen is on great contract.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I wouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post
    I would not, but only because of age. Also Jaylen is on great contract.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Totally. People in my orbit are suggesting this as a potential trade and I keep saying that Celts wouldn't do it because of age/contract.

The starting lineup for the Blazers last night was basically four guards and a center...and it didn't go well.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Brown was amazing last night; didn’t force it and got his in the flow. Baller.

My angle on a Brown trade is different. I'm sick of all the trades. Boston has a good team, be patient and develop the talent you have.

Totally. People in my orbit are suggesting this as a potential trade and I keep saying that Celts wouldn't do it because of age/contract.

The starting lineup for the Blazers last night was basically four guards and a center...and it didn't go well.
    Only 81 more games of futility left............................... Fucking Neil Olshey, what an insufferable douche.

That trade doesn't work salary cap wise, though I guess you throw in Josh Richardson. I don't think either team wants to take that trade. Are the Blazers really better, really closer to relevance, with a younger Brown on a cheaper contract? And are the Cs suddenly a title contender in the short term, such that sacrificing the long term is worth it? No on both counts.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    That trade doesn't work salary cap wise, though I guess you throw in Josh Richardson. I don't think either team wants to take that trade. Are the Blazers really better, really closer to relevance, with a younger Brown on a cheaper contract? And are the Cs suddenly a title contender in the short term, such that sacrificing the long term is worth it? No on both counts.
    I would say "maybe" for the Celts, but no for the Blazers...that said, I wouldn't trade Brown because of contract terms and because Dame has been playing like dogshit for some time. If we go back to the Nuggs series he looked bad, then was basically unplayable in the Olympics, the preseason he looked awful, and now game 1 it continued against a shitty Sac team where he should be able to light it up.

I can't believe Olshey didn't get fired after last season.

I went to the jazz game last night, it was fun. As a hockey guy though, I don't really understand fouls in basketball. Regular foul, technical foul, personal foul, most of em don't look like anything to me.
    Also, I felt like I was in a stadium with the soundtrack from an episode of real housewives ( I usually head to the garage) playing in the background, bassy music changing every 5 to 7 second, the whole time?
    We'll see if any more tickets land in my lap. Also, did you guys know Oklahoma has a professional sports team? I did not. They have a kid who looks like he is fresh out of high school.
    Jazz schooled em. Kids were stoked.

CJ looks like he's playing to be traded. Dame looked like dogshit.

Hard no to Simmons.

Celts fans (Danno?), would you trade Jalen Brown for Dame straight up?
    No way. Defense matters too, plus the age issue for Dame.

haha, i like that.

My overreaction after 1-game of the Blazers season is that Olshey needs to go and they might just need to blow it up. This team is built to be 500 at best. Lose to fucking Sac at home to open the season? Good god...we're in for a long year.
    But remember; it wasn't a roster issue. It was totally a coaching issue... says douchewagon GM Bro

I would say "maybe" for the Celts, but no for the Blazers...that said, I wouldn't trade Brown because of contract terms and because Dame has been playing like dogshit for some time. If we go back to the Nuggs series he looked bad, then was basically unplayable in the Olympics, the preseason he looked awful, and now game 1 it continued against a shitty Sac team where he should be able to light it up.

I can't believe Olshey didn't get fired after last season.
    GM Douchebro has something on someone. And Jodi must really be enamored with his brand of bullshit. It's the only logical reason. Paul should've fired him before he took the last escalator to the VIP box in the sky.

Heh, I love how Blazer fans are so salty about the GM. Personally, as a rabid NBA fan who has followed them casually, I think he's done a decent job given the constraints of NBA team construction, but of course has whiffed on some things like virtually every GM. But admittedly, I haven't pored over the roster, transactions, or film with a fine toothed comb like y;all seem to have.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Heh, I love how Blazer fans are so salty about the GM. Personally, as a rabid NBA fan who has followed them casually, I think he's done a decent job given the constraints of NBA team construction, but of course has whiffed on some things like virtually every GM. But admittedly, I haven't pored over the roster, transactions, or film with a fine toothed comb like y;all seem to have.
    brOlshey is all hat and no cattle. A slick, fast-talking, derisive Hollywood dude-bro who revels in his Trump-like attitude and fierce control over what Blazer broadcasting and related properties put out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1634848154.650629.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	221.3 KB 
ID:	389810
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I think Olshey gets a lot of props/leeway for drafting Dame and CJ. Other than those moves, and arguably getting Nurk, the rest of his efforts to build a winner have been less inspired.

Holy crap - Curry has 25 on 9/9 FGs (5/5 3PG) in first quarter.

Name:  Image1634870588.020042.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  166.6 KB

Holy shit Steph is on fire…
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Holy shit Steph is on fire…
    No tribute game to Kobe?

So you really should have gotten the rabies shots after all.

2021/2022 NBA Thread: Anyone but the Lakers or Nets!

Sixers trade idea:

Buddy Hield & Marvin Bagley Jr and a lightly protected 1st for Simmons.

Helps Sixers shooting; helps Sac D. Bagley is an expiring $11M also. Gets the Young Socialite to CA.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Sixers trade idea:

Buddy Hield & Marvin Bagley Jr and a lightly protected 1st for Simmons.

Helps Sixers shooting; helps Sac D. Bagley is an expiring $11M also. Gets the Young Socialite to CA.
    That does make sense

That's a really good trade - and the cap math works out almost perfectly.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

CJ is playing out of his mind so far. I will say Chauncey had that team playing a level of defense last night against PHX I haven't seen in PDX since...I honestly don't know. His message to the team thus far has included "defense should be fun," and it seems like they're buying into it.

Could be a fun season if this squad starts playing hard defense.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

Really wish I could’ve seen the game last night. Sounds like the blazers actually played some D. Probably haven’t seen them put in a solid defensive effort since the 90s. Plus I read they were scoring in the paint. Hopefully the team sees that Putin some effort equals winning and they continue to do so. I got so tired of their offense the last few years which essentially just consisted of shooting from deep with no ball movement or any sort of organized play. Cautiously hopeful for the season.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Lakers finally won a game. Ja was amazing (40/10) - right until he missed the tying FT.

Westbrook only 1 TO from a dubious triple double on 33% shooting.

Looks like Blazers’ culture change with Chauncey will take a while.

Meanwhile, bets on when Dame will start shooting well again? 2/24 from 3 so far? I read that right?

Meanwhile, watched some Nets and Wiz. Without Kyrie to draw attention, Harden and Harris are far less efficient. Don’t think the Nets are top 3 team without Kyrie. We’ll how much he continues to F them up.