Page 91 of 92 FirstFirst ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 2280
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    I think spoelstra is an incredible coach. Top 3 at worst in the league.
    I'm confused, did I imply he wasn't?

I agree that he is one of the absolute best.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Sure seems like the Jazz could've done better than Saben Lee and Kelly Olynyk for Bojan Bogdanovich, but I'm ok with it.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Sure seems like the Jazz could've done better than Saben Lee and Kelly Olynyk for Bojan Bogdanovich.
    I thought so too.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I thought so too.
    Yes. However, I like Olynyk. Wish he was back on the Celtics.

I'm confused, did I imply he wasn't?

I agree that he is one of the absolute best.
    No! I was just saying he’s the opposite of Doc

I like jimmy butler too but agree…would suck if that was your coworker
    Decisions Decisions

Doc's a good leader but sure isn't elite at playoff game management. But Doc won because he had guys like KG and Truth, who could take care of business on the court regardless of scheme. And Ray Allen, who could shoot no matter what. And Young Rondo, who couldn't shoot worth a damn but was a force of nature.

Doc has lost multiple playoff series (3 I think?) while up 3-1.

Anyone see Matt Barnes reaction to Ime? Last night, comes out on twitter or tik tok or whatever supporting Ime and saying wtf a year? Someone called him up, told him the whole story, and he deleted his original video and made another saying he didn’t have all the facts and didn’t want to get into details…but that it was some deep deep shit.
    Decisions Decisions

So the way this whole Ime story unfolded was interesting.

When it came out that he was in a consensual relationship with a female employee in the organization I kind of felt bad for him. I don't want to dismiss any of the power dynamic stuff that can occur in the workplace but it's also a simple reality that people meet up at work because they spend a lot of time there. I know several happily married couples who met at work. I'm sure we all do.

Then... oh, I guess he made some inappropriate comments and that's not great.

Then... oh, it was the wife of a Senior Vice President within the Celtics' organization. Oof.

Also had no idea that Nia Long was his baby mama. If he was single that would have been better as well, so it's not a good look. But... people make mistakes and I don't think his career should be over, either. I've been called a bleeding heart liberal but this cancel culture is a bit out of hand. Not that I blame the Celtics here...
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Oh, on another note, Ben Simmons was on JJ's podcast this week and he really seems like a good dude. I kind of feel shitty for talking trash about him and overlooking how much it must suck to have your co-star (Embiid) and coach (Rivers) throw you under the bus when you're probably beating yourself up plenty in the first place. I get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMKahSQwtxc

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Then... oh, it was the wife of a Senior Vice President within the Celtics' organization. Oof.
    This is false and just an internet rumor
    Decisions Decisions

Yeah we don’t know shit

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    This is false and just an internet rumor
    Oh is it? It did seem strange that the wife of someone on that level would be working in the organization.
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 09-24-2022 at 09:57 AM.

So the way this whole Ime story unfolded was interesting.

When it came out that he was in a consensual relationship with a female employee in the organization I kind of felt bad for him. I don't want to dismiss any of the power dynamic stuff that can occur in the workplace but it's also a simple reality that people meet up at work because they spend a lot of time there. I know several happily married couples who met at work. I'm sure we all do.

Then... oh, I guess he made some inappropriate comments and that's not great.

Also had no idea that Nia Long was his baby mama. If he was single that would have been better as well, so it's not a good look. But... people make mistakes and I don't think his career should be over, either. I've been called a bleeding heart liberal but this cancel culture is a bit out of hand. Not that I blame the Celtics here...
    I don't think any of us has a clue about the whole story here, so even using the phrase "cancel culture" is out of line, IMO, without more info. See the Matt Barnes video referenced above, should be easy to find. Apparently he posted something supporting Ime and saying the suspension was out of line, then someone in the know called him, and he deleted his earlier post and was like "whoa." I wouldn't be surprised if Udoka was the source for the initial leak as damage control, to have people thinking it was just a consensual affair with a staffer. I believe it goes quite a bit deeper than that.

I don't think any of us has a clue about the whole story here, so even using the phrase "cancel culture" is out of line, IMO, without more info. See the Matt Barnes video referenced above, should be easy to find. Apparently he posted something supporting Ime and saying the suspension was out of line, then someone in the know called him, and he deleted his earlier post and was like "whoa." I wouldn't be surprised if Udoka was the source for the initial leak as damage control, to have people thinking it was just a consensual affair with a staffer. I believe it goes quite a bit deeper than that.
    Jeez, calm down with the "out of line" talk. This is on the Celtics for being vague as hell about it with their initial press conference / announcement. I was reacting based on that (as was Matt Barnes) - obviously now that more information is coming out that changes things.

In fact, fuck the Celtics for being so vague (but providing just enough for speculation) that they brought a bunch of scrutiny on damn near every female employee in the organization. You either need to map it out or just say it was an internal thing and that's the decision and they've decided to keep it in house.

Aren’t you a lawyer. Don’t you need to be vague in situations like this.

"calm down"? Simply because I said using the term cancel culture was out of line? lol

"calm down"? Simply because I said using the term cancel culture was out of line? lol
    Yeah, it's an internet forum. "Out of line" is a little corny given the context.

i must say, as a sixer fan, this is all very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    i must say, as a sixer fan, this is all very interesting.
    If I was a Sixers or Lakers fan, I'd be laughing my ass right now. First, the team gets this > < close to a title, then "wins" the offseason with the Brogdon and Gallo pickups. Then Gallo goes down with an ACL, Time Lord has knee surgery, and then BOOM, Udoka suspended for a whole year. [not laughing at the players that were injured, but laughing at the misfortunes of a hated team]

In fact, fuck the Celtics for being so vague (but providing just enough for speculation) that they brought a bunch of scrutiny on damn near every female employee in the organization. You either need to map it out or just say it was an internal thing and that's the decision and they've decided to keep it in house.
    they make it sound like he was harassing massage therapists for happy endings, when the only reason we knew about the massage therapists sick of that shit was they sued.

If I was a Sixers or Lakers fan, I'd be laughing my ass right now. First, the team gets this > < close to a title, then "wins" the offseason with the Brogdon and Gallo pickups. Then Gallo goes down with an ACL, Time Lord has knee surgery, and then BOOM, Udoka suspended for a whole year. [not laughing at the players that were injured, but laughing at the misfortunes of a hated team]
    Don't forget making Jaylen Brown feel slighted as well with the KD trade offer. But honestly... I think they'll be fine despite all of this.

^^^^STOP IT!

Separate from the Boston drama, anyone see the trailer for the Redeem Team? It looks great. And even though I'm not a Kobe super-fan - and I don't necessarily love the move... - the rawness captured in the second clip is exciting for what hopefully is to come from the series.

Nothing changed in over a year since hes been on the court ....Ben still blows.

Thoughts? Is it time for new thread for 22-23?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums