Page 7 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    That's a really good trade - and the cap math works out almost perfectly.
    Morey said last week he's not trading for role players...he wants a big splash, even if he has to wait 4 years (years left on Bens contract). Personally I like it though.

Quote Originally Posted by 54-46 View Post
    Looks like Blazers’ culture change with Chauncey will take a while.

Meanwhile, bets on when Dame will start shooting well again? 2/24 from 3 so far? I read that right?

Meanwhile, watched some Nets and Wiz. Without Kyrie to draw attention, Harden and Harris are far less efficient. Don’t think the Nets are top 3 team without Kyrie. We’ll how much he continues to F them up.
    Eh, it's way early. I think the Nets with Harden and KD are absolutely a contender, but they're still figuring shit out. And I am sorry, but Harden needs Kyrie to draw attention? Did you pay attention to Harden on the Rockets for years? Harden really only needs a bag of chips that can shoot a little on the court, and instead he has possibly the best player in the world on his team.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Just here to say the Cavs beat the Nuggets last night with the help of the reanimated corpse of Kevin Love.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    Morey said last week he's not trading for role players...he wants a big splash, even if he has to wait 4 years (years left on Bens contract). Personally I like it though.
    I too like that he's not caving to Simmons demands, but in doing so he's hurting the team in the short and long term. That trade is a good one and includes a 1st rounder, it makes the sixers better this year and for years to come. Right now they're what, a 6, 7 or 8 seed with no chance at winning it all.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Ha, there’s no way Morey is making that trade. They need a ball-handler and creator more than anything, and hield is not that. They also can’t play Seth and Hield together - they’d get roasted on defense.

What value does Bagley have at this point? Doesn’t seem like a fit on the sixers even if he did start to reach his potential.

And Fox and Halliburton are probably good enough to keep that pick from being a top 3, at which point…meh.

The very not-exciting D-Lo/Beasley-based trade people have talked about is way better than that.

If the Kings want Ben it’s going to require one of Fox or Halliburton plus more stuff.

I don’t think Morey is bluffing when he signals that he’s willing to wait until a star wants to get out of somewhere else or a team gets desperate to add a piece like Ben.

^^^^^^^

agree with pretty much all of that. Bagley is a reclamation project with virtually no value right now.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Sure, Morey can wish in one hand and shit in the other and find out which hand fills up faster. That splash dream trade isn't happening. People kind of forget that he was damaged goods BEFORE the second layer of drama.
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 10-26-2021 at 04:31 PM.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Eh, it's way early. I think the Nets with Harden and KD are absolutely a contender, but they're still figuring shit out. And I am sorry, but Harden needs Kyrie to draw attention? Did you pay attention to Harden on the Rockets for years? Harden really only needs a bag of chips that can shoot a little on the court, and instead he has possibly the best player in the world on his team.
    Yep it’s early and never said anything was set in stone (check the constant comment “long season”)

If we’re counting “how many angels on the head of a pin” then:

Contender? yes; Top 3 right now? No. YMMV.

Harden shooting about 6-7 fewer FTs per game = less efficient than Rockets years with more than 2 dudes with a bright green light to shoot 3s.

The world changes and Harden’s efficiency this year is TBD. Chalk it all up to rule change? I don’t.

Watched 3 Of the Nets’ games and IMO Harden is still figuring shit out AND he’s less efficient and could use more spacing.

Instead of going off expectations, maybe watch 3 Nets games this week and see if you agree or disagree Harden is “that” Harden right now with his current teammates. Maybe Harden improves quickly, maybe not.

In all, still more fun to watch hoops than the shit show that is the Niners…

Oh, I have no doubt Harden isn't playing the way he used to, that's clear. But whether you chalk that up to rules changes, Kyrie being gone, aging, or something physical is the question. Of those 4 options, I am most inclined to choose option D, that he's not yet 100% (playing himself into shape or not yet fully back from hamstring issues). And when he is, a team with Harden and KD firing on all cylinders (assuming they can stay healthy) is top 2 in the East IMO.

Looking back they basically they should of kept butler and dumped simmons/brett brown

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Just here to say the Cavs beat the Nuggets last night with the help of the reanimated corpse of Kevin Love.
    This post needs love.

Looking back they basically they should of kept butler and dumped simmons/brett brown
    no doubt. Jimmy Fucking Butler, Embiid, and a bunch of good role players (or better, since Simmons would have had crazy trade value) would absolutely be a title favorite.

Harden has a well established track record of getting off to slow starts and not being in game shape when the season starts. Maybe the rule change is having some impact, but I'm guessing it's mostly the former.

2021/2022 NBA Thread: Anyone but the Lakers or Nets!

Nets started by staggering minutes of Harden and Patty Mills. Now they’re playing them together more to backfill for Harden’s current state. Would love to see Harden at full strength and still be less than most excellent. We’ll see.

On a slightly different tack, Zach Lowe’s recent podcast mentioned that Nets are missing Kyrie’s energy. (At about 52:00 of his pod with Tim Bontemps)

Sure, Morey can wish in one hand and shit in the other and find out which hand fills up faster. That splash dream trade isn't happening. People kind of forget that he was damaged goods BEFORE the second layer of drama.
    A fuckin men. Besides that, no fan base wants him. He's an asshole. When he finally does suit up for a team he'll be boo'd by his own fans and everywhere he goes. Someone was trying to compare him to what Butler did in Minn, but to me Butler was showing up his teammates by playing hard a hell in practice while forcing them to trade him elsewhere. Simmons refuses to do anything and has stated he refuses to play for most teams in the Association.

If I were his teammate I'd think he's a raging piece of shit too...only concerned with himself, so what GM wants to add that dynamic to their team? Especially given the only teams that might want him would be those with lofty expectations this season that flame out for whatever reason and need a boost on D with a ball handler that can't shoot. That market will not be a large one.

Morey is an idiot. He and Simmons are perfect for one another, two massive egos.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    A fuckin men. Besides that, no fan base wants him. He's an asshole. When he finally does suit up for a team he'll be boo'd by his own fans and everywhere he goes. Someone was trying to compare him to what Butler did in Minn, but to me Butler was showing up his teammates by playing hard a hell in practice while forcing them to trade him elsewhere. Simmons refuses to do anything and has stated he refuses to play for most teams in the Association.

If I were his teammate I'd think he's a raging piece of shit too...only concerned with himself, so what GM wants to add that dynamic to their team? Especially given the only teams that might want him would be those with lofty expectations this season that flame out for whatever reason and need a boost on D with a ball handler that can't shoot. That market will not be a large one.

Morey is an idiot. He and Simmons are perfect for one another, two massive egos.
    Nice hot take, lol. Morey isn't an idiot, though he does have a massive ego.

And our impression of what we'd think as teammates and what actual teammates think is usually completely different. So I don't think any new teammates would presume that he's a POS. If he came in and interacted with them and played hard, they'd be all for it, I'm guessing.

But yes, he absolutely needs to be prepared to be booed almost everywhere. By his own new fans? Maybe so, depending on who the team shipped out to get him, but maybe not. And remember, he is an awesome if flawed player, so those fans will be on his side once he starts balling for them. But everywhere else? He will be booed mercilessly.

I fully know Whiteside’s history and reputation and it’s fully deserved. But so far I like what he is bringing to the Jazz.
    Watching the game last night it dawned on me that Simmons For Micheal Porter Jr would be a good trade for both teams (yea Denver would have to throw in some extras). Simmons on the Nugs would be fucking scary.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    I fully know Whiteside’s history and reputation and it’s fully deserved. But so far I like what he is bringing to the Jazz.
    Watching the game last night it dawned on me that Simmons For Micheal Porter Jr would be a good trade for both teams (yea Denver would have to throw in some extras). Simmons on the Nugs would be fucking scary.
    They can have Bol Bol and Barton for Simmons. Other than that no way in hell.

I don't see Simmons being booed everywhere... just massively heckled.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Nice hot take, lol. Morey isn't an idiot, though he does have a massive ego.

And our impression of what we'd think as teammates and what actual teammates think is usually completely different. So I don't think any new teammates would presume that he's a POS. If he came in and interacted with them and played hard, they'd be all for it, I'm guessing.

But yes, he absolutely needs to be prepared to be booed almost everywhere. By his own new fans? Maybe so, depending on who the team shipped out to get him, but maybe not. And remember, he is an awesome if flawed player, so those fans will be on his side once he starts balling for them. But everywhere else? He will be booed mercilessly.
    Why thank you good sir! I was channeling my inner Stephen A.

You are of course correct, Morey isn't an idiot...it's more of his ego getting in the way of doing what's best for the Sixers. I applaud him for letting his ego get in the way.

I think he'll get booed by his own fans if he plays the way he did for the Sixers in the playoffs. I know I'd be booing him if he pulled that shit on the Blazers, especially if they gave up CJ or Dame to get him, which is the type of deal Morey is looking for out of any team. He's tremendously talented great defender, good ball handler, but who knows, if he plays well and shoots better, then I could see fans getting behind him.

Yeah, I don't know anything about him as a teammate, but if he's a great teammate I would expect Embiid to be defending him, not kicking him to the curve and throwing him under the bus whenever convenient.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    They can have Bol Bol and Barton for Simmons. Other than that no way in hell.
    Yeah, I think that makes the Nuggs worse. MPJ is a much better offensive weapon, is young, and maybe they can get him to play a little better on D.

yeah, 100%, which would include booing IMO.
    Last edited by Adolf Allerbush; 10-27-2021 at 01:06 PM.

That's quite a fine distinction you're drawing there, lol. By "boo", I didn't literally mean people yelling "booo", I mean anything that could be construed as loud negative verbal attacks at the man.

Holy shit, the Cavs beat the Clippers in LA, something they haven’t done in 5 years.

Maybe all this first round talent is coming together?

^^^sexton, picks,.....for simmons?

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Holy shit, the Cavs beat the Clippers in LA, something they haven’t done in 5 years.

Maybe all this first round talent is coming together?
    Could build a house with all the bricks in that game. Only 79 points? Great D or were they playing outside in Venice Beach with Sydney Dean where the wind can move the ball 6-8”? Good win!

^^^sexton, picks,.....for simmons?
    Hard pass.