Page 4 of 92 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Allerbush View Post
    You could argue they're better defensively.

Does Kyrie's salary not count towards the cap if he doesn't play?
    His salary counts unless he's injured for the whole season and they apply for (and receive) a special salary cap exemption. I haven't read that anywhere, that's just my understanding based on previous circumstances like Gordon Hayward. Refusing to get vaccinated surely would not count.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    So, great trade for the Sixers, amirite?
    Stop it.

Via the @BKGlueGuys, @ShamsCharania confirms Kyrie will not be offered an extension:

“He was willing to sacrifice, at the end of the day, 16 million dollars in salary this upcoming year and 186 million dollars, as far as an extension, that he will not be offered now.”

Charania mеntions that rival tеams beliеve that Brooklyn will listen to "significant" tradе offеrs for Kyriе.
    lol... I'm really starting to enjoy this.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Need. Popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Yep. Also went off on Wiggins on his Substack: https://kareem.substack.com/p/while-...s-whines-black

I get why he went after Kyrie, but he should at least acknowledge that Wiggins went ahead and got the shot. He published that after he had already done it.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I get why he went after Kyrie, but he should at least acknowledge that Wiggins went ahead and got the shot. He published that after he had already done it.
    Are you reading the same thing I am? The very first sentence, literally the first sentence, says Wiggins got the shot.

ETA and the entire piece is about how Wiggins public statements about being forced to get the shot were misguided and damaging. So the entire piece is premised on the fact that he did get the shot.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

^^ Oops, I was confusing that with another piece I had read. My bad. Kareem is fairly prolific these days.

So Danno, we giving Kareem a pass for being a former Laker that put some serious hurt on the Celtics???

So Danno, we giving Kareem a pass for being a former Laker that put some serious hurt on the Celtics???
    Giving him a pass? What, am I contractually obligated to hate the guy and everything he ever says because I hate the Lakers?

I hate the laundry, with a passion. Can't say the same about the players. Except Kobe, fuck that rapist.

Giving him a pass? What, am I contractually obligated to hate the guy and everything he ever says because I hate the Lakers?

I hate the laundry, with a passion. Can't say the same about the players. Except Kobe, fuck that rapist.
    Could the Lakers have beat the Celtics in 85 and 87 without him?

Could the Lakers have beat the Celtics in 85 and 87 without him?
    of course not, but I never found anything about him -- or most of the Lakers -- detestable other than the jersey.

Again, I hate teams. And I dislike players when they're playing my team because they're good, and I dislike some players (regardless of team) because of how they act, what they say, or how they play on the court. But I don't dislike a person because of the jersey they wear. I mean, I don't hate Magic or Kareem or Worthy because they were Lakers; if Larry and Magic can be friends why should I hate Magic? I hated them during the actual games because of the jersey they were wearing. I don't hate Kobe because he was a Laker, I hate Kobe because he was a fucking rapist.

of course not, but I never found anything about him -- or most of the Lakers -- detestable other than the jersey.

Again, I hate teams. And I dislike players when they're playing my team because they're good, and I dislike some players (regardless of team) because of how they act, what they say, or how they play on the court. But I don't dislike a person because of the jersey they wear. I mean, I don't hate Magic or Kareem or Worthy because they were Lakers; if Larry and Magic can be friends why should I hate Magic? I hated them during the actual games because of the jersey they were wearing. I don't hate Kobe because he was a Laker, I hate Kobe because he was a fucking rapist.
    There's that.

Ben Simmons has been taking Jimmy Butler lessons, got thrown out of practice and suspended for the season opener.

Ben Simmons has been taking Jimmy Butler lessons, got thrown out of practice and suspended for the season opener.
    There's only one Jimmy Fucking Butler.

^^^exactly. Can't compare. Fukk ben simmons.

lol, the comparison is only to the notion of being disruptive to the team, perhaps forcing them to trade you. But yeah, beyond that, there is no comparison to Jimmy Fucking Butler.

It's worth noting that Butler played with the backups in a scrimmage and kicked the shit out of the other starters and was all hyped up and calling them out. Pretty much the opposite of Ben Simmons' energy.

It's worth noting that Butler played with the backups in a scrimmage and kicked the shit out of the other starters and was all hyped up and calling them out. Pretty much the opposite of Ben Simmons' energy.
    yeah, not surprisingly Ben Simmons's energy was apparently saying "no" when told to get in a drill.

Thats the thing that lets Jimmy Fucking Butler be Jimmy Fucking Butler. His energy. Hate the guy for what his team did to the Celtics in 2020. But, objectively, he fucking brought it.

This always makes me laugh. Just burned down the whole thing.

Name:  image_70d9f519bb025ea4f4c7ae87eb43a67b955064d8.png
Views: 237
Size:  466.4 KB

One hudge difference between Butler and Simmons, was that Butler's actions while disruptive, wouldn't necessarily turn other teams off to acquiring him, because it showed he had a burning fire to win, and if you went and got him, he would bring that to your team. Simmons, with his utter lack of engagement, is not helping. Or maybe it is, maybe it's helping drive his price down, lol.

I hope he ends up in Sacramento.

I'm sure it's already been mentioned here but I recently watched the 30 for 30 on the Lakers vs. Celtics and it was incredible. Those teams were stacked and the playing was so good. Great watch if anyone hasn't seen it.