WTB: Cheap 27.5/28 boots

My son got a job snowmaking at the resort and needs a full ski set up on the cheap. He can ski but has spent the last 6-8 years snowboarding so has no gear. He needs to ski for this job so he's switching back. He's about 6'3" and 180 so I was thinking a flex around 120 would be good for him? He also has skis with MNC bindings, so a boot with a walk mode and some type of grippy sole would probably be ideal to work in. Open to suggestions...what do you have laying around?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    My son got a job snowmaking at the resort and needs a full ski set up on the cheap. He can ski but has spent the last 6-8 years snowboarding so has no gear. He needs to ski for this job so he's switching back. He's about 6'3" and 180 so I was thinking a flex around 120 would be good for him? He also has skis with MNC bindings, so a boot with a walk mode and some type of grippy sole would probably be ideal to work in. Open to suggestions...what do you have laying around?

Thanks!
    I have some Salomon mtn labs in 27.5 that he could have for free. Not perfect for his use case but they would do the trick

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    I have some Salomon mtn labs in 27.5 that he could have for free. Not perfect for his use case but they would do the trick

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
    Awesome! I think that would definitely work for him. I know he has some good cuts of elk he'd give you in trade.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    If you want another option to consider, free Nordica Superchargers in 27.5. Actually quite minty, save for the slightly melted liner cuff.

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    If you want another option to consider, free Nordica Superchargers in 27.5. Actually quite minty, save for the slightly melted liner cuff.
    Sorry chaka, never got back to you. I think the Salomon's from tgapp will be perfect for snowmaking. I think he'll be doing more walking on icy man-made snow than he realizes.