Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Why are you afraid? We’d all be better off if all social media just went away and we actually had to communicate with friends, not “friends”. You know, call someone, drop an email or text to meet up and make plans. Normal human interaction. The current climate of social media dominance is unhealthy and yes, I know I’m part of the problem.
    That's kind of assuming we have real friends.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Nutmegchoi made the most delightful TR yesterday. Seriously, go see it. There’s something left to hang onto.

We are going to get through all this!

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    I have stopped following the COVID thread because it seems our understanding is starting to settle. ..... have not seen much reason for banning
    Then go read the last dozens and dozens of pages of it, every single repetitive post, and see what SkiDog did to ruin it for others who were there trying to discuss things, and then you will see a reason.

As for just using the ignore button, that is not a solution. I've said why before - shit posters ruin this place for all the lurkers and newbs. That's why this place is dying and has few new contributors, not enough troll banning. This place is still unruly, rude and offensive without these clowns, I'm not sure why people care when the trash is taken out a few times a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Team View Post
    FTR, Skidog was given a timeout, not a full ban.
    Can he have a permanent timeout in all threads related to Utah?

Singed, everyone in Utah.

Good points and yeah likely why I haven’t been in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Can he have a permanent timeout in all threads related to Utah?

Singed, everyone in Utah.
    For the uninitiated, Skid acts like a toad licker in every Utah thread ala Rog. Make the ban permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    "

Hell, XXX'er is top 10 but no one complains about him clogging up the thread because every one of his posts didn't cause a bunch of pile on responses. You guys feed the trolls and then complain that they're fat fucks.
    thats cuz everybody has heard them 6 times

but seriously I DO try to give some value, some info, something funny usually irreverent other wise what is the point ?

so I don't really care about their freedumb of speach , the 4 guys doing the serial trolling can fuck off anytime
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post

As for just using the ignore button, that is not a solution. I've said why before - shit posters ruin this place for all the lurkers and newbs. That's why this place is dying and has few new contributors, not enough troll banning. This place is still unruly, rude and offensive without these clowns, I'm not sure why people care when the trash is taken out a few times a year.
    Fine.
    But we could do a lot better job of being disciplined about not responding to, not quoting and ignoring as much as possible, the thudsome.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post

OK MTUHockey time for you to step up! Tell The Mod Gods and Goddess (tm) what asshole totalitarian criminals they are!
    Get Up Stand Up! Stand Up For Your Rights!
    It just proves that simply being stupid isn't enough to get banned here.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    I've been posting on outdoor related forums since the early 2000s. The others are currently on life support; turns-all-year.com, cascadeclimbers.com, nwhikers.net. All are vanilla and heavily moderated (the COVID thread on nwhikers was deleted two weeks into the pandemic because people couldn't handle the arguments). Comparatively, TGR is thriving and it is because it lacks formal moderation, and is self-moderated.
    Agreed. And if they don't believe this I challenge the TGR Mod Team to get rid of the PR for one week. I predict traffic will plunge sitewide.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Fine.
    But we could do a lot better job of being disciplined about not responding to, not quoting and ignoring as much as possible, the thudsome.
    these days I'm much better at just clicking "ignore" for the trolls; unfortunately now at the point where half the people I have Ignored are otherwise good doods who just can't stop quoting and engaging the trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star View Post
    these days I'm much better at just clicking "ignore" for the trolls; unfortunately now at the point where half the people I have Ignored are otherwise good doods who just can't stop quoting and engaging the trolls.
    I started using the ignore function this last year, so yeah.

But I think I can do better about just being disciplined about not paying attention to certain in-duh-viduals.
    I'll bet that if more of us did that, the trolls would be less frequent.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    For the uninitiated, Skid acts like a toad licker in every Utah thread ala Rog. Make the ban permanent.
    AGREED! Dude is a cancer to every thread he shows up in. Pretty interesting response to what is going on with the ban hammer. The question seems to be is this a community of friends (which is how I view this place) or is it no holds barred where you can be as big of a douche as you want with no repercussions... Altasnob and Timberridge keep throwing out the good old days where there was no moderation, the difference was this place was a community where we often saw each other in person and if you were a big enough douche there was a real chance you might get punched in the face.
    Some of my very good friends have come from interactions on this board.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Again, there has always been moderation. In the past it was more moderate.

It's pretty obvious that the social division we perceive is a function of innert00bs behavior.

So there's an attempt to do something to damp down the hostility. I don't know if it's the right thing to do.

Maybe I should go to AZ? Greg?

What if we had a sticky thread up top titled ‘Don’t quote these chodes until they figure their forum shit out’. Not a ban or a time out. Just a shaming thread.

Hilarity would ensue.

That's kind of assuming we have real friends.
    If you want to come ski at Mission this year I’ll be your friend. I will give you the guest room with private bath and feed you too. You have to bring the wine though.

I’ll introduce you to more friends.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

But I think I can do better about just being disciplined about not paying attention to certain in-duh-viduals.
    I'll bet that if more of us did that, the trolls would be less frequent.
    It is difficult, though. Most of us are swayed by compelling data and reasoned discourse so we assume others would be, too, despite the overwhelming evidence that they won't be.

TGR has formal moderation, always has, it's just very lax.
    Lacrosse? Or LAX airport?

Exlaxx definitely needs to be used with moderation.

I can’t believe all these bans are about the butthurt vax thread.

I stopped posting there months ago. Mostly since there was no conversation. Just argument.
    Or actually. Contradiction.
    Yea it is. No it isn’t.

The solution was to move the vax thread to polyass.
    It’s not like there’s any real info in there.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    If you want to come ski at Mission this year I’ll be your friend. I will give you the guest room with private bath and feed you too. You have to bring the wine though.

I’ll introduce you to more friends.
    That's awesome, thanks.

I was only partly joking. There's 1 or 2 of you fuckers who reach out to do stuff for which I'm grateful.

Moderation at this place is fine and light handed. You have to be a serious ahole to get banned/timeout.

I’m not interested in being on 4chan/8chan.

Difference about “the old days” trolling/alias was that it was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Team View Post
    FTR, Skidog was given a timeout, not a full ban.
    oh good then I did not waste my first and only ignore so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    It’s not like there’s any real info in there.
    There's plenty of real info there. It just gets lost amidst a sea of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    It just proves that simply being stupid isn't enough to get banned here.
    Give it time. As Yetiman said, the Mod Gods/Goddess have a long fuse

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    No offense to you, you are obviously smart by the scientific stuff you post.

But man, do you have to reply to Every. Single. Post. Skidog posted? Every one.

You’re a troll feeder if you don’t realize. It’s people like you that give them fuel. How do you not understand that?

Just can’t help yourself and must try to correct and have the last word at all times.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I'm not gonna read this (I assume) cesspool of a thread. However, I am going to say that from what I've seen of the mods in person, I'm not sure 'cute" is the adjective I would use for most of them.