Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    I remember AEV was getting outraged at people saying they weren’t sad Ben Garrison died
    Garrison died? Gee, that's too bad.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Just checked…i guess he’s still kicking but suffering from covid and refusing to go to a hospital

An interesting Q3 trend - users start a callout thread and get so spun up they end up banned.

MFCF13 aka TBSSUX2.0 started it off last month
    Then SkiDog starts this dog’s breakfast and finishes with a ban hammer to the forehead
    Then Bonus! Deebased crosses the line in defense of his troll bro and the ban peen hammer falls again

OK MTUHockey time for you to step up! Tell The Mod Gods and Goddess (tm) what asshole totalitarian criminals they are!
    Get Up Stand Up! Stand Up For Your Rights!

Is it time to bring back the Beer, Bacon, and Farts forum?

Mods?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    An interesting Q3 trend - users start a callout thread and get so spun up they end up banned.

MFCF13 aka TBSSUX2.0 started it off last month
    Then SkiDog starts this dog’s breakfast and finishes with a ban hammer to the forehead
    Then Bonus! Deebased crosses the line in defense of his troll bro and the ban peen hammer falls again

OK MTUHockey time for you to step up! Tell The Mod Gods and Goddess (tm) what asshole totalitarian criminals they are!
    Get Up Stand Up! Stand Up For Your Rights!
    Sumbuddy feels overlooked.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

CTEhockey is a giant pussy! He scared. You wont hear from him for a few days til he fires up teh stoopid again

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    Deebased was banned? Jesus fuck this place may be the most sensitive group of pussies on the Internet.
    The only reason I post on TGR is for its lack of moderation. Grow a sack.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I think the final straw was Deeb claiming incorrectly that the mods had broken federal law.

That kind of false accusation is enough.
    Who cares? Has he dropped a lawsuit on TGR? People talk out of their ass here all the time. It's our pastime.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    The only reason I post on TGR is for its lack of moderation. Grow a sack.

Who cares? Has he dropped a lawsuit on TGR? People talk out of their ass here all the time. It's our pastime.
    That's always been an ahistorical representation about this place. There was moderation since I joined. Iskibc and his jolly band of aliaii. The Vahishakarian jihad. Kroda marbleblogg and the FULL BLOWN AIDS epidemic.

^^^At the same time I don’t remember many outright bans until a few years ago. Well OK some of jer’s known troll alia got nuked, but not a lot of others

Before then the trolls would back off in the face of collective ridicule. Lately it causes the Gish Gallop to accelerate. And in a thread related to an existential threat to society. Where they were warned.

It’s sad the moderators had to swing the ban hammer. We could have done it ourselves by collectively exercising the discipline to ignore

Wow. The mod squad loves the gulag

Is Gregg a mod? This place is so alpine zone, I may have to go to new schoolers

We need snow
    . . .

I dont remember any other global pandemics either. If fb or yt had some actual mods with proper motivation and a satchel half the size of mods here chances are the 700k dead barrier wouldnt have been crossed.
    The fact of the matter is the informative threads get distracted with their disinformation and thats all the bring to the table, every single time

TGR used to be better at self i̶m̶m̶o̶l̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ moderation. We've gotten older and lazier or the dumb dumbs are harder to shame.

@grinch, I agree

Im just saying a big factor with the trolling is select number of people are driven to respond to the clowns, thereby furthering the distraction, exponentially

And then bitch when a thread goes off the rails

Yes totally. I have , i think, 3 on ignore and peefaced was one of them. Its pointless responding or trying to discuss anything with them. It just became boring and pointless. Im the procrastination king, it takes a while for me to hit the ignore button and its been for a year or more. A few more i could ignore but im still procrastinating

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    TGR used to be better at self i̶m̶m̶o̶l̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ moderation. We've gotten older and lazier or the dumb dumbs are harder to shame.
    I saw this and thought of skidog, but it's not just a vaccine thing. That's just the thing he got stuck on. Well I guess that and if you weren't within 100 feet of the world trade center then 9/11 didn't impact you.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20211001-004912.jpeg 
Views:	86 
Size:	87.7 KB 
ID:	387460
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FAebjKGXsAMxE6J.jpeg 
Views:	90 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	387461

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    ^^^At the same time I don’t remember many outright bans until a few years ago. Well OK some of jer’s known troll alia got nuked, but not a lot of others

Before then the trolls would back off in the face of collective ridicule. Lately it causes the Gish Gallop to accelerate. And in a thread related to an existential threat to society. Where they were warned.

It’s sad the moderators had to swing the ban hammer. We could have done it ourselves by collectively exercising the discipline to ignore
    There was work done to nuke spam that mostly was behind the scenes. And some of the abusive alias accounts got removed. Like a bunch of the unibonger variants.

I dunno, I started here with a goal of wasting people's time while I was stuck in a class with limited internet access. When I wanted to not be a useless troll I pmed a mod to change my name. They were always around but most of the time they did a good job of being behind the scenes, and the forums did a good job self moderating mostly. But maybe that only works up to a certain size or number of posts/day. I'm not sure, I've been reading about networks recently and thinking about how that effects online communities. Even here we've seen siloing in the ski forum as we moved from TRs to regional conditions threads. And in between there was the trend of 2pic TRs with a link to a personal site, or eventually Instagram.

I like this community, it's one of the only ones online I've stuck with. But maybe it's too big, or maybe we've all gotten to be more online, or some of the division is just an online reflection of real life. It's not like I expect everyone on here to get along and have the same opinions on stuff.

Not really sure where I'm going with this anymore, just some late night thoughts about the world and community I guess. I saw this blog post a day or two ago and it seems relevant.
    https://mux.com/blog/you-either-die-...nt-moderation/
    Name:  Screenshot_20211001-004620.jpeg
Views: 359
Size:  71.1 KB

Oh great. Now you want to put the mods out of work,? Where will it end?

At least skidog’s 3 clients are finally getting some attention.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

This is long overdue.

I have met some great personal friends I met through TGR. People who I will be friends with for the rest of my life no matter what happens to the forums. That is the real value of this place.

Another real value is the information available. Some very knowledgeable people post here. Oil leak from your 1978 Land Cruiser ? TRG has experts. Want to buy your 9 y/o son an RC race car for his birthday ? TRG has experts. Is a vaccine safe and effective against a global pandemic ? TRG has experts.

The vaccine thread turned into a shitshow. It was totally unusable. And right now, that thread is absolutely the most important thread on TGR. Go fishing for the afternoon and come back to find over 200 posts in that thread. Most were users like skidog being contrarian dicks, and then legit people arguing with them. Many of the post were from outright trolls like deebased who added virtually nothing of value to this forum. And then legit people arguing with him. And then maybe a post of value from Mofro… So I had to read through 200 posts of complete and absolute bullshit to find out if anything of value was posted. That is fucked up and I am glad the mods took charge and banned these assholes.

In summary, great job mods.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Wow. The mod squad loves the gulag

Is Gregg a mod? This place is so alpine zone, I may have to go to new schoolers

We need snow
    It's either one mod has gone lone wolf vigilante or they're all getting their periods at the same time now. Mark your calendars.

I'm going with the former and unfortunately they've gotten lost thinking a vaccine thread in a ski forum called the Padded Room was the JAMA. The PR has always been about entertainment compared to the rest of TGR and the jizzmonkeys provided plenty.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    This is long overdue.

I have met some great personal friends I met through TGR. People who I will be friends with for the rest of my life no matter what happens to the forums. That is the real value of this place.

Another real value is the information available. Some very knowledgeable people post here. Oil leak from your 1978 Land Cruiser ? TRG has experts. Want to buy your 9 y/o son an RC race car for his birthday ? TRG has experts. Is a vaccine safe and effective against a global pandemic ? TRG has experts.

The vaccine thread turned into a shitshow. It was totally unusable. And right now, that thread is absolutely the most important thread on TGR. Go fishing for the afternoon and come back to find over 200 posts in that thread. Most were users like skidog being contrarian dicks, and then legit people arguing with them. Many of the post were from outright trolls like deebased who added virtually nothing of value to this forum. And then legit people arguing with him. And then maybe a post of value from Mofro… So I had to read through 200 posts of complete and absolute bullshit to find out if anything of value was posted. That is fucked up and I am glad the mods took charge and banned these assholes.

In summary, great job mods.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "most important thread on TGR", JFC. Like it narrowly edged out the Weed and NSFW threads for that title.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...osted&t=338573
    Look at the post count and tell me who was clogging up the thread. Because for every post of Skidog's you had 4 or 5 idiots engaging him.

Hell, XXX'er is top 10 but no one complains about him clogging up the thread because every one of his posts didn't cause a bunch of pile on responses. You guys feed the trolls and then complain that they're fat fucks.

Yeah man, count me in for eight fucking posts!

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Well that too. I do go to the music forum though. But it's not there either.
    sometimes the music forum comes to you
    dont know shit bout hume or lockie
    pretty sure the changin sigs user titles was outta the sadverse systemblowhard moderation playbook
    and he was the worse one evars imo.
    but at least the annoying yappin dog got run
    thoughts n prayers to the
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Who was it that had in their signature, "if you have to take advice from the nitwits in this forum..."

Probably should be a sticky.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Harry this is gonna blow your mind so hold on. The CDC has a website with tons of Covid info that has been vetted by doctors and researchers who specialize in this sort of thing. Toyota Land Cruisers? There's a couple forums devoted entirely to the model. You might even find info on a 1978.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Who was it that had in their signature, "if you have to take advice from the nitwits in this forum..."
    Powder11s
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

For all the chimps out there, off of that under appreciated Judgement Night soundtrack.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi