Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    I've been posting on outdoor related forums since the early 2000s. The others are currently on life support; turns-all-year.com, cascadeclimbers.com, nwhikers.net. All are vanilla and heavily moderated (the COVID thread on nwhikers was deleted two weeks into the pandemic because people couldn't handle the arguments). Comparatively, TGR is thriving and it is because it lacks formal moderation, and is self-moderated.
    See also Supertopo…….And you’re right about Cascade Climbers, I used to be on that site all the time, and it’s really gone into the shitter…..Guess I’ll pour one out for Deebs et al tonight…..
    What we have here is an intelligence failure. You may be familiar with staring directly at that when shaving. .
    -Ottime
    One man can only push so many boulders up hills at one time.
    -BMillsSkier

So let’s all put Skidog on ignore now so it’s in place before his timeout is over.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Just can’t help yourself and must try to correct and have the last word at all times.
    You're describing a recent phenomena. Even though he's always been this obnoxious, I've ignored Skid for years and so have a lot of other people in the Utah threads, in fact I've never before engaged with him until recently. And typically, without quoting and without responding directly to the trollls, I try to post accurate info in response to the disinformation.

With skid's recent behavior so many people were accepting his lies about people ignoring his disinformation that the hope was correcting the record (he was basically repackaging the same discredited garbage over-and-over) would cause either Skid or other people to move on. It obviously didn't work but that was goal.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    So let’s all put Skidog on ignore now so it’s in place before his timeout is over.
    Good idea. Done.

Does anyone know deebased in real life? No way an ego that big and entitled shrugs this off and moves on.

Quote Originally Posted by MultiVerse View Post
    You're describing a recent phenomena. Even though he's always been this obnoxious, I've ignored Skid for years and so have a lot of other people in the Utah threads, in fact I've never before engaged with him until recently. And typically, without quoting and without responding directly to the trollls, I try to post accurate info in response to the disinformation.

With skid's recent behavior so many people were accepting his lies about people ignoring his disinformation that the hope was correcting the record (he was basically repackaging the same discredited garbage over-and-over) would cause either Skid or other people to move on. It obviously didn't work but that was goal.
    I don’t doubt your intentions, trying to correct bad information is a noble cause. In these scenarios if you just deprive the flame of oxygen it should fizzle down or out. Sure that bad info may sit there for a bit but over time it will dwindle away.

It’s like saying Betelgeuse 3 times and getting pissed every time he shows up.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

It’s like saying Betelgeuse 3 times and getting pissed every time he shows up.
    You rang?

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Lacrosse?
    Yes, the moderation is like a buick lacrosse. Nobody really wants it, it’s “good enough” at best. It takes a long time to start, then it runs rough.

In these scenarios if you just deprive the flame of oxygen it should fizzle down or out. Sure that bad info may sit there for a bit but over time it will dwindle away.
    Ideally ignoring the trolls works. Plus, funny or clever trolls are also one of the things that can be great about this place.

Sometimes though the trolls are pushing an agenda and they'll keep pushing whether they're ignored or not. In Skid's case he'd post something, people would ignore it, and then he'd keep at it until folks patiently responded to his concerns. He'd accept the explanation, apologize, and then within a day or two start the process all over again with the exact same topic.

So you're right as a default everyone including the mods should ignore the trolls, but there are special cases like Rog for example when they are so relentless that ignoring them doesn't do any good.

We could solve this problem if we had TAGs

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    We could solve this problem if we had TAGs
    Yep.

#Skidog is a bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Does anyone know deebased in real life? No way an ego that big and entitled shrugs this off and moves on.
    Nope.

And yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

added Skidog to my ignore list

join me

make his triumphant return to TGR a disatisfying whimper

The vaccinate thread isn't any more of a cesspool than any other current event thread that goes over 10 pages. Most devolve the same way. The vaccine thread is unique because it's faster and has legs.

Also: it has tons of value. There's good info in there and its also useful to hear about how other people are digesting and managing the situation at a personal level.

Reebased in 3, 2, 1...

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Reebased in 3, 2, 1...
    Freebased

Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Who is Modteam and why should we care. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    You rang?
    Under appreciated post.

swing your fucking sword.

Also, how has Greg not shown up in this clusterfuck?

swing your fucking sword.

added Skidog to my ignore list

join me

make his triumphant return to TGR a disatisfying whimper
    Sheeeeit, boy. I've had Skid OG on my ignore list since you were in diapers.

We may need another contest.

I still have nobody on ignore. Somehow I manage to tolerate all you fuckers.

As in colonial days when they had public hangings at the town square, perhaps we set aside every other Friday to ban people from here on? We have other popular days here such as Titty Tuesday so Banishment Friday might be a nice addition. The Mod Team could publish a list of the banishee's names and aliases, present them to the populace then hit the ban button at high noon. I think these random banishments are sorta fucking with the flow of the place.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    "most important thread on TGR", JFC. Like it narrowly edged out the Weed and NSFW threads for that title.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...osted&t=338573
    Look at the post count and tell me who was clogging up the thread. Because for every post of Skidog's you had 4 or 5 idiots engaging him.

Hell, XXX'er is top 10 but no one complains about him clogging up the thread because every one of his posts didn't cause a bunch of pile on responses. You guys feed the trolls and then complain that they're fat fucks.
    was xxx lying, giving out misinformation and trolling like skidog?

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    ^^^At the same time I don’t remember many outright bans until a few years ago. Well OK some of jer’s known troll alia got nuked, but not a lot of others

Before then the trolls would back off in the face of collective ridicule. Lately it causes the Gish Gallop to accelerate. And in a thread related to an existential threat to society. Where they were warned.

It’s sad the moderators had to swing the ban hammer. We could have done it ourselves by collectively exercising the discipline to ignore
    I call it BT and AT, before trump and after trump

reality, facts, truth, white supremacy are now mainstream on social media

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    We may need another contest.

I still have nobody on ignore. Somehow I manage to tolerate all you fuckers.
    Wooley would probably win.

Poor guy can’t even view this thread because he has everyone on ignore.

So deebased was the unibonger?

I've never put anyone on ignore.

I pay no attention to the trolls, they don't bother me. Why would they? Just attention seeking, and I ignore that stuff for a living!

I don't read the covid thread, why the fuck would I? If I want real info I go the the CDC. If I want to read arguments I'd rather it be about whether >110mm skis are useful.

I miss Blurred (not banned afaik?) Jer, Spook, Aever (again) and even Advres (he's actually a decent dude IRL)

Am I the weird one??