Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Well at least it wasn't a Buick Lacrosse.
    Lo, he exists forth, in a Buick of the mind, if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by billyk View Post
    I miss being told how racist Portland is.
    Portland is so racist!

Feel better?

Quote Originally Posted by ill-advised strategy View Post
    Portland is so racist!

Feel better?
    Spook did it better. He had long, detailed posts on the racism in Portland that gave a lot of insight into the social dynamics of the region.

Spook did it better. He had long, detailed posts on the racism in Portland that gave a lot of insight into the social dynamics of the region.
    Western OR and WA are the Appalachia of the PNW. Growing up it was just a bunch of racist hillbillies, even in Seattle.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

You think it isn’t Texan? Or are you just doing your dumbass I’m offended by being called racist schtick? God forbid anyone hurt the fee fees of over privileged white male dumbfucks.

I'm just glad he's China's problem now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

The McMinnville candidate?

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Western OR and WA are the Appalachia of the PNW. Growing up it was just a bunch of racist hillbillies, even in Seattle.

Cascappalachia
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Cascappalachia
    Yeah that’s my roots. A bunch of hillbilly loggers

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    Freebased
    Offbased

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    I've been informed there is a "report post" icon, it's that triangle exclamation point doohickey at the bottom left of replies. My work here is done.
    I reported you just to let you know it actually exists and maybe up the script on the readers (in the alternative I asked if they could make it bigger for you). I am probably one of the only die hards who reports every spam bot M jong. I don't know if it does anything, but it definitely keeps me from reading threads that I have known to be long past their prime in any any significant way.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    You think it isn’t Texan? Or are you just doing your dumbass I’m offended by being called racist schtick? God forbid anyone hurt the fee fees of over privileged white male dumbfucks.
    In case you’ve forgotten, I was only referring to this thread that Spook started and added to on a regular basis:
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...tland+whiteist

This is how you mod an anti vax rant

Mod Squad. You need to do better next time
    . . .

"sir, your time has expired....."

Omg that’s the funniest thing I’ve ever seen

Holy balls, brilliance

Mods here are cute

The rat flu threads are way undervalued. They’re the only place I go for COVID info anymore. Invariably the information in those threads is 2-3 weeks ahead of most major news outlets, and often ahead of the CDC site. The main contributors are people I know I can trust, people I know from meeting and skiing with them or through years of contributing to TGR. They, some of whom are on the front lines of this pandemic, are sharing their expertise for our benefit, and it’s asinine that they have to compete with a handful of rubes.

If you haven’t followed those threads from the beginning, and especially if you’ve only popped in recently, I can see how that might seem like a questionable stance, but if you don’t follow them you don’t have have a leg to stand on as far as their value and the negative impact of the trolls. The thrunting has been minimal until recently and has made a valuable resource some of us rely upon very difficult to follow. I think a lot of us have gotten fed up and have started reporting posts which I’m assuming is a big reason we’re seeing a lot of action from the mod team. I agree that there are some well-meaning posters that can’t help themselves in feeding the trolls, but I’d sooner lose some disingenuous dolt than a smart poster that can’t help themselves.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by mtuhockey33 View Post
    Oh, I don’t know, maybe 10% like most statisticians agree would be a significant number to get a well diversified sample. But you’d probably know that if you knew jack shit about statistics…
    Dumbhockey,

So admit that you are statistically illiterate?

Which would be OK if you weren’t claiming otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    The rat flu threads are way undervalued. They’re the only place I go for COVID info anymore. Invariably the information in those threads is 2-3 weeks ahead of most major news outlets, and often ahead of the CDC site. The main contributors are people I know I can trust, people I know from meeting and skiing with them or through years of contributing to TGR. They, some of whom are on the front lines of this pandemic, are sharing their expertise for our benefit, and it’s asinine that they have to compete with a handful of rubes.

If you haven’t followed those threads from the beginning, and especially if you’ve only popped in recently, I can see how that might seem like a questionable stance, but if you don’t follow them you don’t have have a leg to stand on as far as their value and the negative impact of the trolls. The thrunting has been minimal until recently and has made a valuable resource some of us rely upon very difficult to follow. I think a lot of us have gotten fed up and have started reporting posts which I’m assuming is a big reason we’re seeing a lot of action from the mod team. I agree that there are some well-meaning posters that can’t help themselves in feeding the trolls, but I’d sooner lose some disingenuous dolt than a smart poster that can’t help themselves.
    i wonder if them having to repeatedly explain things to a bunch of crayon eatering trolls has made it easier for the rest of use to understand ?

IME if you can get a guy with a PHD to explain things in 3 syllable words in only 25 words he really knows his subject
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post

All great points. I think we all are incredibly thankful for the knowledge drop of Mofro, et al. But there are other COVID related policy issues that I think are interesting and important to discuss as well. Things like vaccine ids, mandates, unions filing law suits over the mandates, ect. These issues don't require a PhD to have an informed opinion. They are also controversial, so they promote argument. Maybe we need a handshake agreement that the Vaccine thread remain sciency, and the Rat Flu thread can be a dumping ground for all these other COVID posts. Because while I agree Skidog doesn't know when to shut up, he does ask questions that instigate vigorous debate. And I don't think reserving this for PolyAss works because no one reads or posts anything in there.

Regarding the bans of Skidog and Deebased, while I don't think Deebased is correct in his accusation that modifying Skidog's signature constituted a federal criminal offense, it is, at the very least, morally reprehensible. Cyberbullying is an emerging area of law and jurisdictions throughout are grappling with how to define it, and deal with it. It's not appropriate for anyone to alter another persons' posts to misappropriate what they have to say or ridicule them, even if it is just their signature, and even if it is obviously a joke. It sounds like something a bunch of teenagers would do, and not grown men and women with their own teenage kids. Skidog and Deebased calling this out certainly doesn't warrant any kind of ban or punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    Regarding the bans of Skidog and Deebased, while I don't think Deebased is correct in his accusation that modifying Skidog's signature constituted a federal criminal offense, it is, at the very least, morally reprehensible. Cyberbullying is an emerging area of law and jurisdictions throughout are grappling with how to define it, and deal with it. It's not appropriate for anyone to alter another persons' posts to misappropriate what they have to say or ridicule them, even if it is just their signature, and even if it is obviously a joke. It sounds like something a bunch of teenagers would do, and not grown men and woman with their own teenage kids. And Skidog and Deebased calling this out certainly doesn't warrant any kind of ban or punishment.
    Ya, whatever. It was fucking funny. And fitting given the situation.

Make fun of Skidog (and anyone else) all you want. Ban him for any reason under the sun. All fine and morally allowed. But a line should be drawn when we are talking modifying people's identity against their will.

I can't find any news articles but I have read of situations where one teenager gains access to someone else's facebook, or tick tock, or whatever, and makes a false post to ridicule them. People commit suicide over this stuff. For better or worse, our online selves is increasingly who we are as human beings. Come on TGR community, act your age and take the high road here.

This thread seems to be a great example of society’s recent trend of trying to eliminate any sort of opinion or notion they disagree with instead of just ignoring idiocy like adults and moving the fuck on.
    Live Free or Die

Because while I agree Skidog doesn't know when to shut up, he does ask questions that instigate vigorous debate.
    I wouldn't exactly call it debate. More like trying to explain facts to Skidog and him responding that we're all engaging in groupthink because we disagree with him.

Make fun of Skidog (and anyone else) all you want. Ban him for any reason under the sun. All fine and morally allowed. But a line should be drawn when we are talking modifying people's identity against their will.

I can't find any news articles but I have read of situations where one teenager gains access to someone else's facebook, or tick tock, or whatever, and makes a false post to ridicule them. People commit suicide over this stuff. For better or worse, our online selves is increasingly who we are as human beings. Come on TGR community, act your age and take the high road here.

pffft.