Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Well.. Fuck... If every place wasn't crowded last year...

Get ready for some long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long long lines...

https://snowbrains.com/epic-pass-42-...-to-reduction/

LMFAO Epic baby!

#GONORDIC
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

#Inb4same4Ikon

None of the places I ski take Epic or IKoN. It's still a total shitshow every weekend and holiday through President's Day. Weekdays before Christmas or After MLK not so much though
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

The old dot com business plan "sell dollars for 95 cents and make up the difference in volume."

Vail sucks

The big question re lineups: how many Ikon pass holders also bought cheap Epic passes or did folks buy cheap Epic passes instead of Ikon?

The day may come when a resort advertises: "You won't be sharing the slopes with any Epic Ikons at our mountain".

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post
    The big question re lineups: how many Ikon pass holders also bought cheap Epic passes or did folks buy cheap Epic passes instead of Ikon?

The day may come when a resort advertises: "You won't be sharing the slopes with any Epic Ikons at our mountain".
    There is certainly a divide emerging between locals and the pass-holding hordes that descend the major areas these days. I've been on both sides and there's no way to win, it seems.

Stowestorm parking backed up to 89.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    The old dot com business plan "sell dollars for 95 cents and make up the difference in volume."
    More like sell gift cards that you hope expire before too many people redeem them.

Quote Originally Posted by DanoT View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    There is certainly a divide emerging between locals and the pass-holding hordes that descend the major areas these days. I've been on both sides and there's no way to win, it seems.
    As far as I know, none of the resorts around NC take either of those passes.. Still a total shitshow weekends and holidays..

I’d be curious to know how it compares to 2019 numbers. I know lots of locals who didn’t buy passes last season due to the COVID uncertainty. For instance, two buddies didn’t buy passes last year. They both did and one bought a pass for his kid. They all had passes in 2019 but none had passes in 2020.

That being said, with no reservation system and pent up demand, I do expect it to be crazy busy.

There is also the “need to provide proof of vaccination” to eat in most of the on mountain lodges that Epic announced recently, too. I wonder what impact that may have?
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

We don't need any more ski areas near west coast cities. Skiing is on a decline.

How many people bought passes because it is now cheaper to buy the pass than 4 lift tickets but won't change their skiing habits?

How much did pass sales drop for the 2020-21 season?

I think it's hard to quantify how this changes the dynamic at the resorts until the season starts.

This year is gonna be Epic. Night skiing in my future

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Skiing is on a decline.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    There is also the “need to provide proof of vaccination” to eat in most of the on mountain lodges that Epic announced recently, too. I wonder what impact that may have?
    Nobody who might actually has a problem providing that proof really believes that it will be enforced against them. Based on what I saw at the crowded resorts mask and max number inside (lack of) enforcement last season they're probably right.

As for the numbers... There's still pent up demand from folks who sat out all or most of last season. It will be worse than 2019 unless..... drought..

No matter what...Vail is making $$$$..

Does suck to see. What company was it that ruined the northeast? Les otten guy or something?. Fuck if that wasn't the picture of things to come.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

I’d imagine a big portion of the increased sales are out of towns that will only ski enough days to get their money’s worth from the reduced price. People that ski a lot or are local to an area are going to buy the pass anyway.

I bought epic local and Indy pass, and I’ll probably only use my epic no more than 7 days as it involves a plane flight and significant effort to ski coming from the ATL.

It probably won’t look much different than 2019 ski season. Not that that is really a good thing because it was pretty fucked, but I doubt crowds are any worse this year.

The last two seasons I’ve bought non-holiday 5 pack passes. This season it isn’t much more just to get epic local and I’ll do an extra late season trip to get the days in.

Quote Originally Posted by paj View Post
    I’d imagine a big portion of the increased sales are out of towns that will only ski enough days to get their money’s worth from the reduced price. People that ski a lot or are local to an area are going to buy the pass anyway.

I bought epic local and Indy pass, and I’ll probably only use my epic no more than 7 days as it involves a plane flight and significant effort to ski coming from the ATL.

It probably won’t look much different than 2019 ski season. Not that that is really a good thing because it was pretty fucked, but I doubt crowds are any worse this year.
    No, it is gonna be fucked. Not only are pass sales through the roof, there are a shitton more full time residents, and WFHers who can sneak out for a few laps in the AM.

BTW keep an eye on flights into Eagle Co airport (EGE). Direct flights into Eagle are kinda reasonable from ATL. Get a cheap airbnb or hotel in Eagle and take the Eco bus to BC or Vail. Far less traffic on that side of I70. Trips from ATL are really easy if you do it right.

Wow, you guys blew it. I didn't buy a pass last year mainly because of reservation requirements. Seeing those are now gone because of this thread, I'm going to give Vail money again...

See you all at Stevens Pass in a couple months!