Anyone sitting on a GX or X01 12s derailleur?

I'm asking for a unicorn, I know. I slid off my line going fast in chunk and smoked my derailleur. To nobody's surprise they're nearly impossible to get right now unless you go AXS which I don't want and can't afford. I'm hunting around for one locally but you guys are the best collection of gear hoarders I know so I figured I'd check if anyone has a spare lying around. Needs to be 12 speed and 50t compatible. I currently have a GX so I'd do another one or I'd upgrade to X01 since I plan to slowly upgrade my drivetrain as new parts are needed. I don't want NX and XX1 is too expensive. I'm fine with something used as long as it's straight and does what it should. Let me know if you're sitting on one you're willing to part with!
    Last edited by Wes Mantooth; 09-27-2021 at 02:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

Good luck!

I broke my XT a month ago. Luckily I got the last one Dirt Service had.
    Ute City stocks whole groupos, but wouldn’t break them up.

I have a used XX1 if you want to go that $$ route.
    Where in Colorado are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Hubbs View Post
    I have a used XX1 if you want to go that $$ route.
    Where in Colorado are you?
    I guess it depends how cheap you'd be willing to let it go, but in general XX1 is probably out of my price range. I'm located in Carbondale
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

There are some on ebay. Some serious price-gouging going on for new ones, and some from China w/ no box, w/ too-good-to-be true pricing I wouldn't go near.

But there are some legit-looking used ones:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/19438909585...sAAOSwntxhTjGy
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/12491993822...cAAOSwNxVhT7aM
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/27495628223...YAAOSw7PxhSm26

That first one looks pretty much MINT, for $100! (weird position it's in, but probably just has that lock-extended button engaged)

There are others (I just had a quick look).

Thanks for that! I’m actually watching all three of those auctions already haha. Been trolling Pinkbike too but they sell real fast over there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone sitting on a GX or X01 12s derailleur?

Whoops.

I got one new on evo a few weeks ago, looks to be back out of stock now. But they exist.

(I do have a used NX lying around now if you end up getting desperate)

I do have a GX 50 tooth but was wanting to keep it for an upgrade to an 11 speed…. Let me think for the night and I’ll send you a PM if i decide to sell

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    I do have a GX 50 tooth but was wanting to keep it for an upgrade to an 11 speed…. Let me think for the night and I’ll send you a PM if i decide to sell

Way to leave him twisting in the wind. The riding here at this time of year is almost painfully great.
    Even money says the OP goes sleepless tonight.

"Will he sell it to me? Can I get it time to ride this weekend? What if it doesn't fit?"

jummo

Quote Originally Posted by jummo View Post
    Way to leave him twisting in the wind. The riding here at this time of year is almost painfully great.
    Even money says the OP goes sleepless tonight.

"Will he sell it to me? Can I get it time to ride this weekend? What if it doesn't fit?"

jummo
    Haha fortunately I can still ride my bike I just can’t use all the gears and have violent ghost shifts that are surely grinding the life out of my cassette but as you said the riding is painfully great so we do what we gotta do

If I couldn’t ride at all I would surely be sleepless tonight, probably out trying to sell my body for a derailleur

Didn't mean to make light of your dilemma. If my bike is not right, then nothing else matters.

It's kind of unsettling that regardless of budget, your bike can be out of action for a lack of replacement parts. Even common wear items like brake pads, chains and tires.

At least the snow is not made in China and has to be brought in in containers.

Not yet, anyway.

Sleep well.

jummo

Didn't mean to make light of your dilemma. If my bike is not right, then nothing else matters.

It's kind of unsettling that regardless of budget, your bike can be out of action for a lack of replacement parts. Even common wear items like brake pads, chains and tires.

At least the snow is not made in China and has to be brought in in containers.

Not yet, anyway.

Sleep well.

jummo
    I'm the same way. I ride it 6ish days a week so it has to be in order, and if it's not I'm fully consumed - my gf seems to just leave me alone when my bike is out of commission. I stocked up on tires, chains, and brake pads over the winter but didn't think to grab a spare derailleur

I have definitely spent more on bike maintenance this year than we have collectively spent on maintenance for two cars

I have what you seek. X01 Eagle 10-50. Used, but in perfect working order. $110 shipped. Can be on a truck today.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210928_064637.jpeg 
Views:	47 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	387007Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210928_064643.jpeg 
Views:	44 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	387008Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210928_064659.jpeg 
Views:	44 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	387009

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app

I love this place. Sent you a PM

In case anyone else is looking, they seem to have them at thebackcountry.com (12 speed GX 10-52). I ordered one today and already got a shipping notification so feeling optimistic!

https://shop.thebackcountry.com/sram...ng-cage-5.html

Quote Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
    I love this place. Sent you a PM
    So we can assume, Happy Ending?

jummo

So we can assume, Happy Ending?

jummo
    I’d say so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m all verklempt.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

HAHA shit… I legit forgot about this. I’m happy it worked out for you tho! I did decide I’m keeping it tho. Sorry for the drama and sleepless nights….