Thread: CRM systems

CRM systems

I used ACT for a lot of years and it worked well for me. Wondering what is new. Free is nice but would toss a couple hundred at something better.

Also perhaps separately or maybe included, I could use an app or program to track project time. On and off many time per day.

I used sugar for a while several years ago and it sucked hard. I’d much rather pay than go the open source route in most instances. Depends a lot on the use case

How many users? If you go paid, there are many out there that a couple hundred dollar budget gets you nothing at all. There are 2 ways these are going today- paid subscriptions for a "cloud" or hosted package (Salesforce, Oracle NetSuite, etc.) or there are a few self hosted (requires a server or a Virtual Private Server in the cloud somewhere to host the database), then there are the traditional packages that pretty much were all internal local server hosted packages.

SugarCRM, Hubspot, Trello, VTiger and a few others are "Open Source" but many offer add-ons that can be used.
    https://crm.org/crmland/open-source-crm

2-3 users initially for a company I’m representing.
    They use free Hubspot, and it’s less than intuitive in my first month of opinions.
    One of the higher ups has suggested paying for some of the upgrades for them, but based on what I’ve seen wonder if I should stear them towards something else.

I could alternatively get my own. Not sure my old act program would load on a new computer.

I’ll read that article, thanks.

Pipedrive is a pretty good CRM, and its simple and not too expensive.

I work for a large CRM company and have worked at other tech companies that sold CRM solutions. Naturally, I'd recommend the solution at the company I work, but it's not cheap. It is the best, though.

Rideski; what are you really looking for? CRM is far more than a digital rolodex and log of interactions. If you prefer, you can DM me on the backend and I'd be happy to give you some pointers.

Insightly was pretty easy to set up for one of our teams recently, pulling client intakes from various complicated web forms as well importing previous years of data.

Very customizable to our needs.

Not cheap though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

I have found these all suck differently, it is a matter of finding the one that sucks least for you.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    I have found these all suck differently, it is a matter of finding the one that sucks least for you.
    People, process, technology...

Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    As with anything it is all a bout what items are a must have, and then pick the one or 2 that have those features. Capabilities and software that feels logical and flowing is out there. But is it in the OP's budget?

The 2 that were out there years ago were Act as mentioned and a package that still has not gone hosted or subscription based- Goldmine, all years before the "Cloud".
    Last edited by RShea; 09-28-2021 at 12:22 PM.

CRM systems

Whatever you choose, make sure the CRM revolves around Activity, and that the sales dicks are required to log every call, email, drop-by and meeting into said CRM. They’ll love you for it
    Last edited by hatchgreenchile; 09-27-2021 at 06:44 PM.

Lol