PSA: Great sale on Marmot outerwear

Marmot is doing an extra 25% on sale items with code TAKE25 and there are some great deals

Here are some good ones that stood out to me:

3L Goretex Cknit bibs $114 all sizes https://www.marmot.com/men/shop-by-t...169641138.html

3L Goretex Pro jacket $195 small only https://www.marmot.com/sale/men/jack...169524431.html

Polartec Alpha Hoody $74 all sizes except large https://www.marmot.com/sale/men/jack...169465673.html

Expedition puffy $180 large only https://www.marmot.com/men/jackets-a...169525742.html

20 degree ultralight sleeping bag $190 fits up to 5'6" https://www.marmot.com/equipment/sle...169580741.html

Precip anorak rain coat as cheap as $34 https://www.marmot.com/sale/men/jack...169585692.html

Thanks!

I've been thinking of some bibs for a while, but wasn't willing to spend the $$$ yet. $114 makes the choice a lot easier. We'll see how I like them. Nice color too!

I got a pair as well. Free shipping and free returns makes it easy to load up the cart

I'm seeing 154 on the price for the bib? Still a great price, but I'd rather 114 =D

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarkus View Post
    I'm seeing 154 on the price for the bib? Still a great price, but I'd rather 114 =D

Use the code from the OP at checkout: TAKE25

Quote Originally Posted by Pinned View Post
    Use the code from the OP at checkout: TAKE25
    Oh, right. Suppose I should learn to read better.

Thanks for the heads up, didn’t need anything but couldn’t pass up the deal on some sweaters for $36, orig $120.

code doesnt seem to work anymore?

Same here. Tried to order pants for the growing boys.
    . . .

Thanks for the heads up! Code worked yesterday on a new sleeping bag for my wife.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Doesn't work for me.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

TAKE25 coupon is back working for today only
    You Will Respect My Authoritah!

Thanks for the heads up. Picked up a midweight flannel for about $22: https://www.marmot.com/men/tops/shir...169658181.html

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    Thanks!

I've been thinking of some bibs for a while, but wasn't willing to spend the $$$ yet. $114 makes the choice a lot easier. We'll see how I like them. Nice color too!
    No Gators apparently, that seems like a recipe for wet boots/socks at the end of the day?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by durangobrad View Post
    No Gators apparently, that seems like a recipe for wet boots/socks at the end of the day?
    I dunno about anyone else, but I've never had snow go around the pant-leg and up over the top of my boots. (Of course, I'm in the PNW, and we don't often get blower pow here, but even when we do, I never have issues. I suppose it you wore them *really* highwater, but then no gaiter would help anyway.

I suppose it could be a problem, if you were climbing with a low cut boot or something. But then you'd want a dedicated gaiter with underfoot retention anyway. (Or mod the pants directly to have an underfoot strap, and save a little weight.)

For $114, I suspect one will have to learn to live without all the luxuries. (I'd like more pockets, way before I'd want gaiters.)

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    I dunno about anyone else, but I've never had snow go around the pant-leg and up over the top of my boots. (Of course, I'm in the PNW, and we don't often get blower pow here, but even when we do, I never have issues. I suppose it you wore them *really* highwater, but then no gaiter would help anyway.

I suppose it could be a problem, if you were climbing with a low cut boot or something. But then you'd want a dedicated gaiter with underfoot retention anyway. (Or mod the pants directly to have an underfoot strap, and save a little weight.)

For $114, I suspect one will have to learn to live without all the luxuries. (I'd like more pockets, way before I'd want gaiters.)
    I tend to take multiple thomahawks on any given pow day. I suspect this sort of rag dolling could pull my pants up above my boots without some sort of elastic holding them in place.

Then again, some folk ski with jeans tucked into their boots.

To each their own, I wanted to give these a try but think I'll pass

Last edited by durangobrad; 09-28-2021 at 04:07 PM.

I have a set of the Bibs in a men’s Large Stargazer color (dark blue/green/teal) that I’m going to catch and release. Thought I’d check here if anyone missed out before I return them to Marmot. SOLD.
    Last edited by singlecross; 10-06-2021 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    I have a set of the Bibs in a men’s Large Stargazer color (dark blue/green/teal) that I’m going to catch and release. Thought I’d check here if anyone missed out before I return them to Marmot. $120 shipped

Any reports on sizing of the bibs? Marmot site makes them sound pretty big - 6' & 6'1" both in a medium, anyone try theirs on yet?
    Like I told my last wife, I never drive faster than I can see, besides it's all in the reflexes.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    I have a set of the Bibs in a men’s Large Stargazer color (dark blue/green/teal) that I’m going to catch and release. Thought I’d check here if anyone missed out before I return them to Marmot. $120 shipped
    Curious why you're not keeping them. I really liked the fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    PM sent

Any reports on sizing of the bibs? Marmot site makes them sound pretty big - 6' & 6'1" both in a medium, anyone try theirs on yet?
    I'm about 6'1, 185 when I'm not fat. Went with a large and I think it was the right choice. I also have pretty long legs. It does have a little looser, longer fit for me; more of a freeride fit than a nerd/skimo fit. Could certainly understand going with the medium if that's what you're looking for.

Edit: I'll see if I can upload a picture.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMarkus View Post
    Curious why you're not keeping
    I have very short legs and these are long on me. Nice bibs but not the right fit for me.

Just my two cents for anyone thinking of picking a pair up, off of another mag, or the like.

I'm a small, 31/32" waist.

They are long in the legs - it's not obscene, but quite long for a small.
    And the bib is kind of restrictive. (It has a stretch panel, but it's oddly not very fluid when I bend over. Yeah, I'm old and not skinny, so perhaps that doesn't help. Def not fat though either.)

The pocket's not terrible, but pretty low on the thigh - the bottom's nearly hanging over my knees.

So, they feel a bit Frankenstein-ish.
    Not sure if I'll keep or not. It's certainly not a given.