Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    In NE if you don’t have a solid mid 80’s ski you’re doing it wrong, here anyways. Trying to get my world back to a place where over 100 is a DD

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

This thread is headed for the "hall of shame". Does that exist on the dark tgr web yet because it should.

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    If you have to ski under 110 your not gonna have a good time.

Dunno about that. Absolutely love mobbing around laying RR tracks and dragging mah hip on my Head Monster 82’s.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Dunno about that. Absolutely love mobbing around laying RR tracks and dragging mah hip on my Head Monster 82’s.
    Yep. I’m finding a love for ~95 under foot as my DD. >105mm a powder ski in my world and I own 105,108,115,122….. East coast tho. I get bigger skis but they aren’t necessary (often) in this terrain/climate. I have a shit ton of fun on skis <100.
    Uno mas

If I had more and better groomers and my home hill, I'd probably get something for dragging hips, but not gonna for Snowbowl.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

Oddly, I've been thinking that a 90 and a 108-110 two ski quiver for Snowbowl would be perfect.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    If you have to ski under 110 your not gonna have a good time.

People who only ski fresh snow are like people who only follow the home team when they're winning. (I'm guilty of the latter.)

I am going into the season with 89mm, 98, 112 and 118 underfoot. I think that I have all bases covered, except maybe something around 128 for those 100" in 3 day events.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I am going into the season with 89mm, 98, 112 and 118 underfoot. I think that I have all bases covered, except maybe something around 128 for those 100" in 3 day events.
    I think you’ll get by
    Uno mas

It's not about getting by. It's about maximizing the fun.
    128 would round your quiver nicely C!

I haven't ridden anything narrower than 118mm in close to 10 years. Necessary? Absolutely not. Fun as hell? Absolutely.

Why is everyone talking about just width? There's a hell of a lot more to the equation here.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Why is everyone talking about just width? There's a hell of a lot more to the equation here.
    Yeah, but let's be honest, length can only get you so far; girth can lead to much greater satisfaction. Not to mention that user proficiency and knowledge of the terrain can make a big difference too. All the length and girth in the world is also lost of you don't have the stamina to last very long.

Are we still talking about skis?

Yes, trg is back. Gapic ski has left the room

This thread lives on for a few reasons:

- There really are only a few new +110-mm waisted skis to get stoked about this year.
    - No one really got to do much (if any) demoing due to COVID
    - The 21/22 gear thread died when it became an analysis and history lesson on Dalbello boots with a walk mode.
    - One can only play with the Sooth Ski Flex Comparator tool for so long before your skiing jones becomes unbearable.
    - We may never know if we should buy an ON3P Woodsman 110 or Billy Goat 110 because no one got to demo last spring. (Related to point 2)
    - TAFKALS isn’t currently trying to reclaim skis he sold and regrets, resulting in a decrease of both stoke and entertainment value on the boards.
    - The pinnacle of ski technology was the Rossignol Soul 7, a sub 110-mm waisted ski which saturated the market but is now discontinued. The signs were there all along. The shop guy in PC was right and will prove TGR hardcores will be on the wrong side of history. Heck, all the posts I see in my social media feeds from Mike Douglas, The Godfather of Freeskiing, are him talking about the new QST 98! That’s it…fat skis are doomed!!!
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    - We may never know if we should buy an ON3P Woodsman 110 or Billy Goat 110 because no one got to demo last spring. (Related to point 2)
    Both is the answer.

Douglas is spansered by Atomic, so sure. He's also more bc these days? 98 with a wee bit of camber is the perfect tool, but surely his quiver is unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    This thread lives on for a few reasons:

- There really are only a few new +110-mm waisted skis to get stoked about this year.
    - No one really got to do much (if any) demoing due to COVID
    - The 21/22 gear thread died when it became an analysis and history lesson on Dalbello boots with a walk mode.
    - One can only play with the Sooth Ski Flex Comparator tool for so long before your skiing jones becomes unbearable.
    - TAFKALS isn’t currently trying to reclaim skis he sold and regrets, resulting in a decrease of both stoke and entertainment value on the boards.
    - The pinnacle of ski technology was the Rossignol Soul 7, a sub 110-mm waisted ski which saturated the market but is now discontinued. The signs were there all along. The shop guy in PC was right and will prove TGR hardcores will be on the wrong side of history. Heck, all the posts I see in my social media feeds from Mike Douglas, The Godfather of Freeskiing, are him talking about the new QST 98! That’s it…fat skis are doomed!!!
    Huh. I never hit the reject button so fast as I did on the QST 99. Maybe they changed it since then. I still own both the older 106 and 118, mounted with Shifts, but I found the 99 useful in no conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Oddly, I've been thinking that a 90 and a 108-110 two ski quiver for Snowbowl would be perfect.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Yeah something like a Kendo(?) 85-88mm would be great for dry spells.
    No longer stuck.

^^^MX89 are affordable now. I bought a pair for this season.
    If they are anything like the MX98, I am happy.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Hm.

I'd be tempted to buy either one or similar used with frame touring bindings and skins (just in case). I'd need some HanaChrismaKwanzica money, though, unless I do some big jobs soon (with a little luck).
    Anyone have something they can part with? Bueler?
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Beder View Post
    Huh. I never hit the reject button so fast as I did on the QST 99. Maybe they changed it since then. I still own both the older 106 and 118, mounted with Shifts, but I found the 99 useful in no conditions.
    189cm qst99 mounted -2cm from recommended was really good ski.

Lähetetty minun LYA-L29 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Hm.

I'd be tempted to buy either one or similar used with frame touring bindings and skins (just in case). I'd need some HanaChrismaKwanzica money, though, unless I do some big jobs soon (with a little luck).
    Anyone have something they can part with? Bueler?
    I'll sell you some Stockli Scott Schmidt Stormriders that I got off of Pluffenmeister last year. $100, no bindings.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    I'll sell you some Stockli Scott Schmidt Stormriders that I got off of Pluffenmeister last year. $100, no bindings.
    The 89 in 188?

I will never not have a ski over 110.

I'm honestly not often on something more than 115, but I'm glad I have something wider at times.

Maybe it's just that we all have too many skis that wide and realize we only need 1 or 2 of those for rare super deep days? And if I only pull the huge skis out a couple of days a year, I don't know if I care if they are not quite perfect so I'm less inclined to replace something in that size unless they are cheap.
    Goal: ski in the 2018/19 season

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    The 89 in 188?

91s in a 186.
    Scot Schmidt Pros.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...