Thread: Ashbury Goggle

Ashbury Goggles

I am in the market for some new eye pieces after being consistently frustrated with multiple pairs of Smith goggles fogging when skiing storms here in the PNW.

Before you ask the obvious: Yes I am airing them out before each time I use them...

A friend of mine has a pair of Ashbury Arrow's that he seems like quite a bit.

Anyways - Does anyone else have experience running these goggles? Any issues with fogging? What lenses are you using for storm skiing? What about high light days? Any quality issues on the builds?

Link for those curious: https://ashburyeyewear.com/
    Last edited by rfconroy; 09-23-2021 at 11:25 AM.
    "Poop is funny" - Frank Reynolds

www.experiencedgear.net

I guess I'll be the Guinea pig, and report back

www.experiencedgear.net

Those goggles cost less than half what Smith charges. They simply cannot be as good, much less better. Amirite?

:fm

Ashbury Goggle

Quote Originally Posted by rfconroy View Post
    I guess I'll be the Guinea pig, and report back
    I had a pair of Warlocks by them a number or years ago. I put them away wet and they permafogged. And the lens coating came off when I wiped the lenses too hard.

But like I said, put em away wet by mistake. Don’t do that.

They otherwise seemed just fine.
    Last edited by EWG; 09-23-2021 at 03:23 PM.

I feel like the value of high end or name brand goggles, like in the moto world, has been long term support and availability. I know I can get Oakley and Smith lenses easily even years after buying the frames, tear offs are available everywhere, etc.

I’m not sure I’m convinced about there being a big quality difference between the mid range brands and the cheap ones on Amazon though. Makes me curious about some of those super cheap magnetic goggles like Outdoor Master.

I use Smith Fuse/Squad goggles. They're the cheaper, flat-lens models but they still come in great tints. They're inexpensive and low profile, so I just carry two pairs when I'm skiing. One for lighter days, and one for darker. And it's easier and faster to swap out a snowy pair on the lift than try to switch lenses. Especially when it's puking out.

It's not the answer you're looking for, but it's how I deal with foggy/snowy/damp goggles.
    It doesn't matter if you're a king or a little street sweeper...
    ...sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
    -Death

Quote Originally Posted by St. Jerry View Post
    The other morning I was awoken to "Daddy, my fart fell on the floor"
    Kaz is my co-pilot

I've been skiing with two pairs, one on my face and one in the pack, on storm days. It gets the job done, but seems to be a unique issue that I've seen with Smith goggles comparatively.

www.experiencedgear.net