ID:	387732

thanks y'all
    D send me that recipe!

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    thanks y'all
    D send me that recipe!
    Here you go!

WHITE CHICKEN CHILI
    Serves 6 to 8. Published January 1, 2007.

Adjust the heat in this dish by adding the minced ribs and seeds from the jalapeño as directed in step 6. If Anaheim chiles cannot be found, add an additional poblano and jalapeño to the chili. This dish can also be successfully made by substituting chicken thighs for the chicken breasts. If using thighs, increase the cooking time in step 4 to about 40 minutes. Serve chili with sour cream, tortilla chips, and lime wedges.

3 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken breast halves , trimmed of excess fat and skin
    1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    3 medium jalapeño chiles
    3 poblano chiles (medium), stemmed, seeded, and cut into large pieces
    3 Anaheim chile peppers (medium), stemmed, seeded, and cut into large pieces
    2 medium onions , cut into large pieces (2 cups)
    6 medium cloves garlic , minced or pressed through garlic press (about 2 tablespoons)
    1 tablespoon ground cumin
    1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
    2 (14.5-ounce) cans cannellini beans , drained and rinsed

3 cups low-sodium chicken broth

3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 2 to 3 limes)
    1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro leaves
    4 scallions , white and light green parts sliced thin

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Season chicken liberally with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until just smoking. Add chicken, skin side down, and cook without moving until skin is golden brown, about 4 minutes. Using tongs, turn chicken and lightly brown on other side, about 2 minutes. Transfer chicken to plate; remove and discard skin.

2. While chicken is browning, remove and discard ribs and seeds from 2 jalapeños; mince flesh. In food processor, process half of poblano chiles, Anaheim chiles, and onions until consistency of chunky salsa, ten to twelve 1-second pulses, scraping down sides of workbowl halfway through. Transfer mixture to medium bowl. Repeat with remaining poblano chiles, Anaheim chiles, and onions; combine with first batch (do not wash food processor blade or workbowl).

3. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat from Dutch oven (adding additional vegetable oil if necessary) and reduce heat to medium. Add minced jalapeños, chile-onion mixture, garlic, cumin, coriander, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables soften, about 10 minutes. Remove pot from heat.

4. Transfer 1 cup cooked vegetable mixture to now-empty food processor workbowl. Add 1 cup beans and 1 cup broth and process until smooth, about 20 seconds. Add vegetable-bean mixture, remaining 2 cups broth, and chicken breasts to Dutch oven and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until chicken registers 160 degrees (175 degrees if using thighs) on instant-read thermometer, 15 to 20 minutes (40 minutes if using thighs).

5. Using tongs, transfer chicken to large plate. Stir in remaining beans and continue to simmer, uncovered, until beans are heated through and chili has thickened slightly, about 10 minutes.

6. Mince remaining jalapeño, reserving and mincing ribs and seeds (see note above), and set aside. When cool enough to handle, shred chicken into bite-sized pieces, discarding bones. Stir shredded chicken, lime juice, cilantro, scallions, and remaining minced jalapeño (with seeds if desired) into chili and return to simmer. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper and serve.

7. Per Serving:
    Cal 370; Fat 6 g; Sat fat 1 g; Chol 115 mg; Carb 25 g; Protein 52 g; Fiber 7 g; Sodium 710 mg (daily rec. salt intake is 2,300mg per day)

The Chosen Chiles We found that using a combination of poblanos, Anaheims, and jalapeños was the key to achieving vibrant chile flavor. Here's what each chile brings to the table.

Jalapeños: This small, smooth-skinned, forest-green chile provides heat and a bitter, green bell pepper-like flavor.

Anaheim: This long, medium-green, mildly spicy chile has an acidic, lemony bitterness.

Poblano: This large, heart-shaped, blackish-green chile is mild to medium-hot and packs a rich, vegetal, slightly sweet flavor.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Breasts? I mean I love woman's breasts but would expect thighs here

Breasts? I mean I love woman's breasts but would expect thighs here
    It says you can sub but I think the dish will be different, certainly in presentation. With the breast meat you get larger (longer) shredded pieces than you do with thigh.

Name:  white-chicken-chili.jpg
Views: 383
Size:  59.1 KB
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Lagunitas Hop Water - a NA seltzer with hop flavoring. Not a NA beer. Super tasty.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Thank you
    Super tasty

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    I’ve got a gall stone the size of Texas that has knocked my bile production down to nil. I’ve opted out of surgery for now. If I’m eating a high fat meal, which is relatively often, I take Ox Bile. Works well to avoid the immediate discomfort and next day issues. You’re better off without the fried foods but meat and cheese are too good to live without.
    The gallbladder, where I assume your stone is, doesn't make bile, it stores it and then releases it when you eat fat. If you're having problems digesting fat because your GB doesn't have room to store the bile removing it won't help ---obviously. If you have pain eating fatty foods because the GB is trying to empty but the stone is blocking the duct surgery will help. (In the absence of infection removing the GB because of stones isn't mandatory.)

New Yorker had an article in the last couple of months about 0 alcohol beer--the writer seemed to think some of it was OK. These were small specialty brewers YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    There seem to be many.

Dietary Capsaicin Protects Cardiometabolic Organs from Dysfunction

This one indicates it is the resulting sensitivity to salt that causes lower consumption and thus lower BP:

Enjoyment of Spicy Flavor Enhances Central Salty-Taste Perception and Reduces Salt Intake and Blood Pressure
    Re the second article --chef friend of ours (Chez Panisse among others) is a big fan of more black pepper less salt. It's not capsaicin in black pepper, and you don't need to use so much that the food tastes hot. We use black pepper on corn among other things. It works.

Quote Originally Posted by tgapp View Post
    athletic is great, honestly. their stout tastes pretty awesome
    Athletic is delish. Love their IPA, especially if you keep it cold. Also, seltzer water is a good substitute. And if you want to make it a bit more flavorful, you can add bitters - as mentioned - or campari. Or make it an Americano with campari and sweet vermouth - pretty low ABV and delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Re the second article --chef friend of ours (Chez Panisse among others) is a big fan of more black pepper less salt. It's not capsaicin in black pepper, and you don't need to use so much that the food tastes hot. We use black pepper on corn among other things. It works.
    LOVE black pepper on corn! Had it tonight as a matter-of-fact.

Can't comment on NA beer since but I quit coffee (and all other caffeine) 13 months ago. Headaches took nine days to vanish, and my at least weekly headaches while drinking coffee have diminished to 2-3 over those 13 months. I don't miss it and don't feel more tired in the morning. I enjoy herbal tea most mornings. My personal favorite is Bengal Spice by Celestial Seasonings. It's reminiscent of a Chai tea but with no caffeine. I will also steam some oatmilk to mix with it. I'll also have iced herbal tea, either an unsweetened hibiscus or passion fruit type.

Other than habit and possibly social norms, for me there's been no drawback to quitting coffee and other caffeinated beverages (haven't had sodas in 15 plus years).

Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    Athletic is delish. Love their IPA, especially if you keep it cold. Also, seltzer water is a good substitute. And if you want to make it a bit more flavorful, you can add bitters - as mentioned - or campari. Or make it an Americano with campari and sweet vermouth - pretty low ABV and delicious.
    YES Soda stream w/ 2 bottles and go through them often.
    Campari is a good thought. Have some around from Negroni/Boulavardier days.

SO this came up in the sober thread andI have been coming across ALOT of good near beers recently
    ALL the Athletic offerings, as mentioned are very good.

1) Ricks hop water and near beer are both good.
    So many brewers are doing NA now to
    Industrial arts has "safety Goggles" as opposed to "wrench, etc that is tasty. Hedlum is good NA beer.
    Two Roads makes a NA Juicy that I like, look for it, there are whole sections of micro NA beers now

Hell Busch NA is a good hot day after mowing the yard option

Home roasting swiss decaf from various locales has been a yummy experience.
    watch out for snakes

Hell Busch NA is a good hot day after mowing the yard option
    Love me some Busch NA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Love me some Busch NA.
    Really? Well, next summer when it's hot and sweaty, I'll have to try it. It is heartening that some brewpubs are carrying their own NA/0.0 options. I've tried a few. Mixed bag, just like the real beer.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Really? Well, next summer when it's hot and sweaty, I'll have to try it.
    If I poured it into a glass and told you it was PBR or Bud heavy I doubt you'd notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    If I poured it into a glass and told you it was PBR or Bud heavy I doubt you'd notice.
    Cool. I'll definitely try it next time I have a need for that kind of thirst cutter. It'd probably be good for a ski lunch too.

Crux has a tasty NA IPA -

Wake me up when the NA whiskey comes out.

Decaf coffee and 0% beer

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Wake me up when the NA whiskey comes out.
    My store sells quite a bit of this na whiskey https://lyres.com/range/american-malt/
    we have the full line from Lyre’s and people love it.
    My wife loves the Mikkeller NA sour beers.
    Athletic crushes it, Sam Adam’s just the haze isn’t bad, indistrial arts, brewdog. All do well.
    I’m not even sure why I clicked on this thread, but in full disclosure, I like full strength whiskey and beer, so just suggestions of what does well in the store I guess

are we doing NA spirits now too?

this is my favorite line, but i also love Monday.

I keep a full NA bar in addition to an alcoholic bar, most basic drinks I can do in either format

Dhos is great. Made by Ransom, if you're familiar with them.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

It bothers me that the NA spirits are almost as expensive as real spirits. Profit margin must be massive; greedy fucks.

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

WWCD is online now Non Threating Male Friend
    Untitled Art also makes some tasty NA beers. I like them better than the Athletics.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    It bothers me that the NA spirits are almost as expensive as real spirits. Profit margin must be massive; greedy fucks.

Wouldn't it be more expensive to get the alcohol out than leave it in?