Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Woolly the Mammoth View Post
    My JH quiver is:
    3wt Orvis Helios ZG 8'4"
    4wt Orvis Superfine 7'6'
    5wt Scott Radian 9'
    7wt Redington Vapen 9'

Definitely some overlap between the 3wt and 4wt, both used when wading, just depends on whether I want to fish fast or slower action. Radian is a great boat rod, also fish it wading on larger water. Vapen is my streamer rod but I am looking to upgrade.
    Can find really good deals on used Radians right now…plus Scott has a decent repair program for non-warranty/second owner rods.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Gretch, have you casted the new G series 8'4 4wt vs 8'8 4wt. Kind of drooling on them. Would use it for small dries wading on the ranch and Teton. Bonus if it's good from the boat to finicky riser and for wading small spring creeks as well. Looking for an opinion between the two
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Gretch, have you casted the new G series 8'4 4wt vs 8'8 4wt. Kind of drooling on them. Would use it for small dries wading on the ranch and Teton. Bonus if it's good from the boat to finicky riser and for wading small spring creeks as well. Looking for an opinion between the two
    I have not personally cast the 8’4. I have been fishing the G2 8’8 for almost 12 years and it is still hands down my favorite rod I own.

That length has always kind of been considered the keeper rod for that line. It is plenty accurate, so unless overhanging trees/brush are pushing you toward the shorter rod, I would probably play it safe and stick to the 88.

As for from a boat…again, one of the most accurate rods I have ever cast with a dry and you can really send it far and on point. Definitely a perfect boat rod for mayfly sippers.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "We had nice 3 days in your autonomous mountain realm last weekend." - Tom from Austria (the Rax ski guy)

Thanks man, that helps. Now to prowl for one
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Fly rod choices for Jackson WY/ Grand Teton area

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    It takes four rods to fill a river quiver, duh

Just kidding. I do fine with a 9ft 5wt Sage X and a 7wt echo streamer rod (when I'm not breaking them). If you could only have one maybe go with a fastish 6wt. Heard good things about the Scott Centric for that.

Just kinda funny because fly rod choice not usually the first concern when trying to live here.
    Not trying to hijack the thread but how’s that Echo streamer rod? Just saw it this week online. Was wondering where Galloup would go next since they quit making the Bank Robber.
    Last edited by KenJongIll; 11-29-2021 at 07:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KenJongIll View Post
    Not trying to hijack the thread but how’s that Echo streamer rod? Just saw it this week online. Was wondering where Galloup would go next since they quick making the Bank Robber.
    It's heavy, kind of noodly and cheap, one of the three things you want in a streamer rod. But Rio outbound short makes up the difference

Hah. Not exactly a ringing endorsement

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    broke my 6 weight sage sp and my vlt wore out a guide
    5 weight vsp snapped putting a dink in the boat
    took reddington 6 months to warranty my dually switch stick
    hope i git em all back fore next summer
    bought a new 9' 6 weight sage sonic w/ a fighting butt
    pretty stoked on it and fast action sticks at a bum prices
    its got some send in it and have no problem throwing all of a full sink 6 weight 6inps line with it
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

I’m not sponsored or anything, but I now have the 3 and 4 wts from Edge rods and they are the best fucking things ever.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda