Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    I am honored to have been nominated but have to respectfully decline.

Sorry for outing you, Phall. At least the snow was good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Have run into Scottski several times at Magic and spring skiing at Killington. Always super low key and fun to be around along with being passionate about skiing.

I think biker/boarder is lurking quietly as he called me yesterday to tell me my name was offered and to jump on it.

Laps brings the stoke

I would have felt douchy taking the monies as I plan to slack off and ski all winter.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    This.

Seems like that was the rules when I signed up.
    That's why I suggested Stealurface. The only teenage dentist we have. And eastcoaster until 8 weeks ago.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post

I would have felt douchy taking the monies as I plan to slack off and ski all winter.
    Me too, I’m set for this year. Everyone has had a couple of shitty years and hopefully this money goes to a Mag with a real need to bust out of the rut.

Judging by the truck stealyourface drives don’t think he is in need

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    This can be the tricky part.

Some mags I know are just getting by, so they're easier to decode.

So I'm relying on the consortium to help describe that element of worthiness.

I have queries out to ESS, mtnbiker/boarder, scottski63 as yet unanswered.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Oh for sure. Good mags are differing. Guess I am saying just because you are in college and May not have the funds is a lot different than being out of school and not having the funds. I mean part of college is learning how to make do without much.

My favorite pic of Scotty after hiking for the double at the smallest approved maggot mountain of Plattekill, NY:

j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    This 100%, way more deserving long time mags in here that could use a well deserved hookup.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    This 100%, way more deserving long time mags in here that could use a well deserved hookup.
    X2.
    I appreciate the nod but I ain’t the guy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    swing your fucking sword.

Mtnbiker/boarder gets my vote. Super solid dude.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Someone please ping him; he's not responding to my pm.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    2nd that motion

Just getting out of surgery, hurts like hell, but wanted to post in this important thread.

Another vote for Scottski63. He's my go to ski partner, you can always count on him. I'm from the flatlands, he lives in the Cats, we hook up at some insane early hours at the Park and Ride on 87 near his place. He's ALWAYS at the appointed spot, on time, that matters to me.

He values snow quality over all else, which comes in handy here in vert challenged NY. Our best adventures start with a text "what are you thinking?" Hunter is his home mountain, but he's up for anything. Many great days with him at Plattekill for sure.

He's a great skier, a bumper from way back.

Not sure if this matters, but he just got FUCKED big time by Vail. Great snowfall at Mt Snow last April, and OPS was completely asleep at the switch. Like no terrain open, people were poaching everywhere. Patrol was all over that shit, busting everyone and Scott got snagged. This year his Hunter Pass, that he already paid for, is rejected, can't get anyone on the phone, doesn't seem like he's getting a refund.

He's also suffered brutal personal (family) tragedy 2 years ago, not my place to share that.

I don't think I did this justice, but he's a great human. If you guys send him to Europe, I'll throw in another 200 bucks for beerz.

Scottski63 first at McCauley, 27 inches of new, 3 am start, $13 lift ticket, maybe 50 people on the hill

Scott bumpin at Hunter

Scott hiking at Hunter Highlands on a huge pow Tuesday
    Last edited by Harvey44; 10-21-2021 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Added proper screenname

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey44 View Post
    Just getting out of surgery, hurts like hell, but wanted to post in this important thread.

Another vote for Scottski. He's my go to ski partner, you can always count on him. I'm from the flatlands, he lives in the Cats, we hook up at some insane early hours at the Park and Ride on 87 near his place. He's ALWAYS at the appointed spot, on time, that matters to me.

He values snow quality over all else, which comes in handy here in vert challenged NY. Our best adventures start with a text "what are you thinking?" Hunter is his home mountain, but he's up for anything. Many great days with him at Plattekill for sure.

He's a great skier, a bumper from way back.

Not sure if this matters, but he just got FUCKED big time by Vail. Great snowfall at Mt Snow last April, and OPS was completely asleep at the switch. Like no terrain open, people were poaching everywhere. Patrol was all over that shit, busting everyone and Scott got snagged. This year his Hunter Pass, that he already paid for, is rejected, can't get anyone on the phone, doesn't seem like he's getting a refund.

He's also suffered brutal personal (family) tragedy 2 years ago, not my place to share that.

I don't think I did this justice, but he's a great human. If you guys send him to Europe, I'll throw in another 200 bucks for beerz.

Scottski first at McCauley, 27 inches of new, 3 am start, $13 lift ticket, maybe 50 people on the hill

Scott bumpin at Hunter

Scott hiking at Hunter Highlands on a huge pow Tuesday
    Please ping him to contact me. I've sent a pm here, no response.

Also, you guys have to be more specific about aliaii.
    Is it scottski or scottski63?

This Scott two posts above is Scottski63. I just left him a vm.

I shot a text to mtbiker/boarder

thanks all

Thanks to you Buster, for setting this up. Greg certainly doesn't have the same love for his house.

i gotta believe that ScottSki63 has left his phone on the roof of his car for the ninth time. No other explanation fits.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

OK, mtnbiker/boarder is evaluating his options.
    I can wait on ScottSki63 for a bit as well, haven't heard from him.

We now have over $3600 in the StokeDreams skilorship fund, so each grantee will get at least $1200. If folks keep donating and it rises another $1200, we could fill a family room at Mtn-lodge in Rueras.

This basically means each grantee will need to cover round trip airfare to Zurich and the donations will cover the rest including trains transfers, food and lodging in Rueras (you'll probably have to share a room), lift tickets (average $65/day, less if one gets the half price card for the SkiArena, more on that later). A cell phone with carrier in Yurp is key, as will be avie gear and a transformer plug for phone charging on the Swiss outlets (they cost $10 here).

I'll iterate on details in the EuroBBI2022 thread should more questions arise.

Kudos to the old Aspen hippies.

One more seemingly redundant vote for scottski63. Solid dude - and he and I got banned from all the Vail resorts for this whole season for ducking ropes on our last day last season so this will open up his options.

Share the Love and Madness: Send Some K00ks to Yurp

Damn ^^ that sucks on getting clipped.
    In Switzerland you can go whereva tha fuck you want - you’re just on your own responsibility for rescue

Thanks for all of the kind words. I’m not sure if I’m the most deserving person but I’m willing to make the trip.

And Vail sucks.