Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    IAS, a police officer, and DD's mom.
    They walked into a bar? what's the punchline?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

...went on a TGR funded ski trip to Europe during a pandemic. One night all three of them walk into a bar. An old Swiss man finds them on the ground and says, "Ach ze dumb Americans did not see dee bar."
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

chipped in what i can. great idea, Buster. i second the nomination of IAS. i'll also mention MikeyB. heart of gold and i don't think he has skied Yurp before.
    swing your fucking sword.

I tried to Chip in, but I failed because I forgot the Name of my first pet (which I never had...so there's that. But I had to choose a question when I set it up). Stupid two factor authentication. Why send me a text to my mobile and ask a stupid question.....?

I'll try again with my wife's credit card If she lets me.
    It's a war of the mind and we're armed to the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    chipped in what i can. great idea, Buster. i second the nomination of IAS. i'll also mention MikeyB. heart of gold and i don't think he has skied Yurp before.
    I will second Mikey B. Never met him,, but dude reached out last spring when I was in a bad place and really helped me out.

Done. Let's keep this thread on the first page.

Having had the immense pleasure of skiing Andermatt a couple of years ago, I cannot imagine not helping to provide that experience for someone else. Truly one of my favorite places I've ever skied and a place I look forward to returning to one day. Chipped in.

This info would be better served in the BBI thread I suppose, but if anyone is looking for a place to stay, I highly recommend Basecamp Andermatt. The owner Lars is amazing. For pow day touring, take the train to Oberwald. Get off, cross the XC ski track, go uphill. On bluebird days, take the train to Oberalppass and ski your way back to town.
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

Great idea Buster I’m in for half a c note

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Awesome folks!
    We have airfare covered for 1 now.

Just a few more scheckles and we've got one persons trip covered.

Those that contributed can vote via the gofundme page https://www.gofundme.com/f/stoke-dreams .

I'll tally the results here.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by thefrush View Post
    Having had the immense pleasure of skiing Andermatt a couple of years ago, I cannot imagine not helping to provide that experience for someone else. Truly one of my favorite places I've ever skied and a place I look forward to returning to one day. Chipped in.

This info would be better served in the BBI thread I suppose, but if anyone is looking for a place to stay, I highly recommend Basecamp Andermatt. The owner Lars is amazing. For pow day touring, take the train to Oberwald. Get off, cross the XC ski track, go uphill. On bluebird days, take the train to Oberalppass and ski your way back to town.
    Lars is great. I stayed there when keksie ( https://www.instagram.com/alluringarctic/ ) and https://www.instagram.com/sohvimiinajuliaana/ were the caretakers between Lar's flights.

But I'm hoping that most party c pants stay at https://www.mt-lodge.com/ since that's where I'll be.

Funds sent. Let’s keep it rolling!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

First gear-sale-for-helping-send-kooks-to-Europe success -- appreciate Leftyt's support: https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...yptons-27-27-5 .

More gear hopefully coming soon....

18 of the old core maggots have chipped in, so airfare + transfers is covered for 1 person so far.

There's a whole bunch of you out there that are just waiting, so kick in that $37, or even $10 or $20 to cover for a few nights of lodging and food and we can send at least 1 deserving ski fiend to a trip of a lifetime.

In baby

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

me too.

I enjoy spreading the Alps love across the pond, I'm in.

It's my birthday, so why not give someone else a present. I did the $37 amount, but don't even know 37 stands for?

Happy bday.

I don't think there is any lore behind the $37 except that is what Buttah contributed.

Turns out $37 is the change for a nickel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    It's my birthday, so why not give someone else a present. I did the $37 amount, but don't even know 37 stands for?
    I believe there was a proposed ski off with the $37 amount, but now I forget who the participants were. Had to be Digital Death for one.

Done!

Chiperoo

The $37 was part of the same "check the spare" lore, wasn't it? A ski off/fight between DoWork and??? We need Abraham, our forum historian, to step in here.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The $37 issue is the result of an argument between DigitalDeath and Fourply. Resulted in a ski off. Except for reasons still disputed Fourply didn’t show at the appointed time and place, so Drew wanted his afternoon pass premium refunded.

Edit - here’s the thread https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...how?highlight=

Share the Love and Madness: Send Some K00ks to Yurp

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    The $37 issue is the result of an argument between DigitalDeath and Fourply. Resulted in a ski off. Except for reasons still disputed Fourply didn’t show at the appointed time and place, so Drew wanted his afternoon pass premium refunded.
    This is my favorite tgr ski off story. I can’t see the number 37 since then without thinking of digitaldeath lol
    I did $37 for this reason too. Basically anything tgr related =37 now
    skid luxury

I think TBS has it right.

On the fund, the maggot OG coming through on the donations!
    Looks like we're just shy of covering a trip for 1.

You fuckers r00l.

And happy equinox, pagans!