Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SailCat View Post
    I haven't checked this thread for a bit. How the hell did I get nominated? I wish to politely decline. Maybe some year, but not this one. Give the oppurtunity to someone who could use the help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    I venture to guess it's because you're a cool dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    THE QUESTION:
    Who is stokeworthy, currently living on the EC who can't really afford the Euro trip on their own?

The name that has come up most often is mtnbiker/boarder.
    Laps or Peruvian because they let me tag along on some ski tours. Laps just gave away a Chris king headset in the bike thread. And he yelled "change for a nickel" when he camped next to me randomly at vt50. Ask him about king poopy anus.
    And laps has given me a few old pairs of skis.
    Bit honestly don't know whether or not he can afford it.
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Updated EC candidates:

mtnbiker/boarder
    laps
    peruvian
    m2711c
    soVT Joey
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy433 View Post
    I give my eastcoast vote to either Singlecross or Peruvian... Havent met either but both seem to be stand up mags that post a bunch of eastcoast stoke!
    I have been personally told that if I get the nod that large sums of ECRC funds will be clawed back post haste.

While my $37 contrib may help backfill DoWork’s lost income during his month in CH, I just know he wouldn’t leave his love for such a long period.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I have been personally told that if I get the nod that large sums of ECRC funds will be clawed back post haste.
    They can't.

So...?

While my $37 contrib may help backfill DoWork’s lost income during his month in CH, I just know he wouldn’t leave his love for such a long period.
    Right...so I left him out.

Again, we hve about $1100 towards some EC k00ks trip to EuroBBI2022.

I would very much like to close this out, so I can make arrangements to transfer funds and the grantees can make reservations, get their passports and otherwise organize their fecal matter.

So c'mon your dackheads, you white mountain weenies, you green mountain garglers. Pull it together.

Share the Love and Madness: Send Some K00ks to Yurp

Just posted one. Right on gang!
    Stoked for Djongo and the rest to make yurp

Again, thanks to the OG mags:

Reverend Floater, PNWbrit, singlecross, mcphee, doebedoe, smartyjak, MyNameIsAugustWest, garyfromterrance, tgapp, Norseman, SeatownSlackey, bobinch, shaggy433, optics, buttahflake, detrusor, stealurface831, The AD, thefrush, telee, alpinevibes, zion zig zag, Zeedashbo, Mr. Mike, waxoff, Bosco, easyrdr, Self Jupiter, yeahman, SkiLyft, shroom, GBB, Cat In January, hatchgreenchili, Flyoverland Captive, 406, Hellgate Basement, alias_rice, Undertow, gavinski91, sorrybro, John_B, Charlie Don't Surf, liv2ski, ridinshockgun, Meadow Skipper, babybear, old mexico, vt-Freeheel, ntblanks, Doremite, patg, criscam, thefortrees, CascadeLuke, powbmps, 2funky, cooltsi, jhyat, snowaddict91, Iowagriz, Harvey44, the Frush, Harry.

If I've spaced crediting you, my apologies, yell at me. It's not easy mapping GFM contributors to TGR aliaii.

Can someone kick the ECRC and have them decide who's stokeworthy of the skilorship?
    That means, they contribute stoke, but wouldn't go on this trip without some $ assistance.
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 10-22-2021 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Added my $37.

Would I be crazy to suggest Advres? Think I still have his number somewhere and despite all the chaos he contributed to he was a good dude IRL and this would likely blow his mind..

And thanks for the mention dobe, would be amazing but don't think I'm really in the running.
    There are some awesome east coast mags. Dowork springs instantly to mind but as others have said no way you would be able to pry him away from his baby that is Magic Mountain or his real in the flesh baby. Given that I think it would be super cool to bring Advres back into the fold. He has my vote - back in the day he was going be of my favorite posters and is a super solid dude in real life.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    There are some awesome east coast mags. Dowork springs instantly to mind but as others have said no way you would be able to pry him away from his baby that is Magic Mountain or his real in the flesh baby. Given that I think it would be super cool to bring Advres back into the fold. He has my vote - back in the day he was going be of my favorite posters and is a super solid dude in real life.

As mentioned, he hasn't been around lately.
    So we'd like someone more current who provides stoke.

As mentioned, he hasn't been around lately.
    So we'd like someone more current who provides stoke.
    Totally understand and can’t argue with that. Sorry for the good ole days reminiscing

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

$37.

The plan is to cover 5 days of expenses for the candidate in Switzerland including food, lodging, lift tickets, transfers and the night before the return flight in a hotel near the Zurich airport.
    The candidate is asked to cover the $700-$800 airfare.
    The ideal dates are March 9-14 at https://www.mt-lodge.com/ ..

C'mon ECRC maggots, choose one of your own worthy to go.

i got another suggestion.

since most ec mags work hard enough to simultaneously wage out of the charity and not have enough free time to remember how bad the skiing is here, i’m going to nominate scottski63.

he posts minimally in ec threads but has excellent signal to noise.

i first met him because he had a camper van rv that treewell-dweller was interested in purchasing.

parked at the bottom of windham, he whipped up large amounts of pasta while clouds billowed out of this thing in cartoonish fashion.

he’s as legit a skibum as there exists in the catskills, racking up season after season shredding the gnar at hunter and platty while taking the occasional hike through the woods chasing powder and raspberry thorns in equal measure.

he has some pedigree, i know it’s been quite some time but he has regaled me of tales to squaw and other locales out west. big peaks for a kid that grew up on the rope row at simpson ski slope phoenicia.

scott is good company too. when he last came through quebec we charmed our way into a hot tub at mont stoneham with some other guys girlfriends. they weren’t pleased but it was legendary.

he works hard laying stone all summer to get these days and i know he’s had a rough go of it the past few years.

chips on the table, this is my last suggestion.

send scott to yurp!
    Last edited by ex-powderbroker; 10-20-2021 at 09:01 PM.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Damn. That's the kinda nomination that goes a damn long way. Curious ml242 -- could you inform him of his nomination and have him weigh in on his ability to utilize?

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    i got another suggestion.

since most ec mags work hard enough to simultaneously wage out of the charity and not have enough free time to remember how bad the skiing is here, i’m going to nominate scottski63.

he posts minimally in ec threads but has excellent signal to noise.

i first met him because he had a camper van rv that treewell-dweller was interested in purchasing.

parked at the bottom of windham, he whipped up large amounts of pasta while clouds billowed out of this thing in cartoonish fashion.

he’s as legit a skibum as there exists in the catskills, racking up season after season shredding the gnar at hunter ans platty while taking the occasional hike through the woods chasing powder and raspberry thorns in equal measure.

he has some pedigree, i know it’s been quite some time but he has regaled me of tales to squaw and other locales out west.

scott is good company too. when he last came through quebec we charmed our way into a hot tub at mont stoneham with some other guys girlfriends. they weren’t pleased but it was legendary.

he works hard laying stone all summer to get these days and i know he’s had a rough go of it the past few years.

chips on the table, this is my last suggestion.

send scott to yurp!
    OK.

It would be great if someone could get in touch with him asap. His last activity was 4 days ago.

Also for mtnbiker/boarder, he's in the running, but not responding.

We need to get this wrapped up since deadlines for everything, including my patience, are approaching.

Nothing against any suggested people here within but it seems like there’s a strain going on to find a EC mag when perhaps we should just invite the top most worthy - regardless of their locale.
    Damn, IAS needs to find a way to make’r happen!

Edit: ml212 makes a good suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Nothing against any suggested people here within but it seems like there’s a strain going on to find an EC mag when perhaps we should just invite the top most worthy - regardless of their locale.
    Damn, IAS needs to find a way to make’r happen!
    IAS has deferred, mentioned above.

It's just that the Waste Coast is well represented. l'East Coast needs to be present.

Our skiing is just so world class it seems silly to get on a plane.
    Uno mas

IAS has deferred, mentioned above.

It's just that the Waste Coast is well represented. l'East Coast needs to be present.
    I hear ya. Anyways, I’m late to the show so I’ll just be having a beverage in the back.. carry on and well done effort B

I'm no longer an East Coaster and wouldn't be available to go. ML242 is a stand up dude and would love to send my vote his way.

I’ve known laps for a long time. He got me to call in sick on my first ever ski tour in the Bolton backcountry to do another lap, then let slip when HE got to work (same shop) that he was skiing with me that morning. He’s done some cool things with the kids at his school getting them into the BC if I remember correctly. And his wife would literally run circles around us.

He has a vote from me.

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    I’ve known laps for a long time. He got me to call in sick on my first ever ski tour in the Bolton backcountry to do another lap, then let slip when HE got to work (same shop) that he was skiing with me that morning. He’s done some cool things with the kids at his school getting them into the BC if I remember correctly. And his wife would literally run circles around us.

He has a vote from me.

OK, that's 3 for Laps.

Can you ping him? Will a pm work?

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Nothing against any suggested people here within but it seems like there’s a strain going on to find a EC mag when perhaps we should just invite the top most worthy - regardless of their locale.
    This.

Seems like that was the rules when I signed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Laps is definitely good people

I've known and skied with all 3
    ml242
    Laps
    Scottski63
    All are way more than worthy.