Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    I am 100% down to kick back some funds towards SFB's attendance. I was/am really looking forward to a euro playdate with my bro. (And all you other mags!)
    I only plan to ski for 5 days, split a room, and I don't drink much...That should free up a coupla hundo for him, yes?

Let me get some input from ra13 and others.
    The air miles donations would be a smooth way to go.

I also have offers of support from other mags.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Yo B... while it may be too late to consider for this year's effort, it seems that the point of this whole thing is to sponsor those who would otherwise not consider the trip realistic, with cost being the main barrier.

Therefore it is my opinion that the skilorship recipients should catch enough dough to feel comfortable in booking a ticket. At present, some are sweating it because they feel like they can't pass up free money and the trip-of-a-lifetime, but have to spend $800 upfront to get it. It should be all-inclusive, IMO, and if that means only one or two folks get the funds, that's preferable to spreading around spending cash to those who can already afford the airfare.

raisingarizona13, send me a PayPal address and I'll send you $500 to book a ticket this week.
    Thanks man, let me see if I can get this done with the funds already gathered. I don't want to be taking any large hand outs from anyone but I truly appreciate the offer.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Well I sure don't want to throw wrenches into the plans, and will defer to Buster's decisions.

Mostly I wanted to make the observation that there's still a barrier to travel without a full ride.

The offer stands, RA13, and I'd prefer it to be seen not as a handout but as an act of kindness, to be paid forward and amplified. I'm not made of money but I know in my heart that you need to go on the trip.

Cheers all.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I am 100% down to kick back some funds towards SFB's attendance. I was/am really looking forward to a euro playdate with my bro. (And all you other mags!)
    I only plan to ski for 5 days, split a room, and I don't drink much...That should free up a coupla hundo for him, yes?
    I live check to check. I don't do big vacation trips because it creates more stress then it's worth. My ski trips with Cody are generally of the extended weekend kind to fairly close and drivable locations and still fairly skibum-ish staying with friends and scoring free passes etc. Our dog is going to need some time at the vet this week and it's going to probably set us back a grand or two. If it makes sense I can give up my spot to send SFB or whoever you guys want to send. I want to go but I don't want to put anyone out either. Sorry but being poor really sucks sometimes.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

how much do you all think this whole trip is going to cost all in (flights + train to hill + lifts + lodging + food + modest drinking each night)?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Nobody should consider any of this a handout IMO. It's a fair payment for the stoke that you have brought to the ski world and outdoors world in general.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    how much do you all think this whole trip is going to cost all in (flights + train to hill + lifts + lodging + food + modest drinking each night)?
    ::grump::
    I think I've written this about a thousand times:
    per day comfortable costs are about $200 including lodging ($110), food ($40), lift tickets ($50), where lifts can be a little cheaper if one buys the half price card ($50).
    assume 5 days of skiing.
    train transfers are $60 ($30 each way)
    night at hotel before flight back: $150
    airfare: $700.

So that's $1850.

Throw in moderate drinks at $30/day and it totals about $2000 for 5 days of skiing, 3 days of travel.

I'd rather back out for a season than see raisingaz13 not go at all.
    I'm stoked to join in but methinks the other guys could use this trip after some shite 2 years now.
    I am perfectly open to sacrificing this season's trip, maybe it would give me the motherlode of good karma, which I am always trying to stockpile...
    Consider it an option for the mags .

Share the Love and Madness: Send Some K00ks to Yurp

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Nobody should consider any of this a handout IMO. It's a fair payment for the stoke that you have brought to the ski world and outdoors world in general.
    ^tru dat

if anything, it’s a repayment

OK, I have it worked out with ra13, provided I cut the checks this week.
    sfb isn't responding, can someone rattle his cage?

Got in touch with sfb and ra13. tsall good with the plan of $1350+ to each grantee.
    The sooner I cut the checks the better.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    im good 2 go
    ill call ya after work
    i just need to appease my spancer
    with continuied gainful employment and such
    yall take sfotex
    sar bro deserves a hookup
    or djongos and him can split a room or the hookup
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Update:
    Just hooked up the gofundme to a bank account.

GoFundMe will take about $200 of the 5,377 donated so far.

The website says the $ will be in the account November 10. I'll cut checks and send $ as soon as I can.

2 of the recipients have not yet given me a mailing address: scottski63 and mtnbiker\boarder.
    If anyone has contact info, please ask them to check their PMs.

And again, kudos and credit to those maggots who chipped in.
    Hey donors ::

Reverend Floater, PNWbrit, singlecross, mcphee, doebedoe, smartyjak, MyNameIsAugustWest, garyfromterrance, tgapp, Norseman, SeatownSlackey, bobinch, shaggy433, optics, buttahflake, detrusor, stealurface831, The AD, thefrush, telee, alpinevibes, zion zig zag, Zeedashbo, Mr. Mike, waxoff, Bosco, easyrdr, Self Jupiter, yeahman, SkiLyft, shroom, GBB, Cat In January, hatchgreenchili, Flyoverland Captive, 406, Hellgate Basement, alias_rice, Undertow, gavinski91, sorrybro, John_B, Charlie Don't Surf, liv2ski, ridinshockgun, Meadow Skipper, babybear, old mexico, vt-Freeheel, ntblanks, Doremite, patg, criscam, thefortrees, CascadeLuke, powbmps, 2funky, cooltsi, jhyat, snowaddict91, Iowagriz, Harvey44, NW_SKIER, 2bjenny, fool, lemmycaution, jackstraw, wendigo, ski220, JayPowHound, Eastern Sierra Skier, BobbyBill, Foggy Goggles, jackattack, greenmachine, Harry
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 11-08-2021 at 03:31 PM.

(edit)
    Thanks, now I have everyone's data and gfm is transferring $5,189.67 into a bank account I set up just for this.

As usual, it will take a couple of days to be available.

As soon as I can, I'll cut cashiers checks in the names of the grantees and send them on their way.
    Any late donations will be carried in a special urn to be distributed in Rueras.
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 11-04-2021 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Well I sure don't want to throw wrenches into the plans, and will defer to Buster's decisions.

Mostly I wanted to make the observation that there's still a barrier to travel without a full ride.

The offer stands, RA13, and I'd prefer it to be seen not as a handout but as an act of kindness, to be paid forward and amplified. I'm not made of money but I know in my heart that you need to go on the trip.

Cheers all.
    Haven't been watching this thread closely but what Norse said is my feelings as well. I'll directly throw in for anything RA needs to make it happen.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

I just cut and sent checks for $1331 to each grantee, dividing the current total by 4.
    Thanks again to all the abundant people who chipped in.

If you're a skier or snowboarder, you really should go experience riding in Europe.

I'll keep the gofundme going for another couple of days. Late donations will be handed over in person at mt-lodge in Rueras.
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/stoke-dreams

I have confirmation that all 4 checks have been correctly delivered. Now hopefully people can go ahead and make plane and hotel reservations. Direct all further questions to the EuroBBI2022 Thread.

I'll be shutting down the fund in 2 days.

So, thanks once more fellow k00ks for expanding minds and sharing abundance.

Reverend Floater, PNWbrit, singlecross, mcphee, doebedoe, smartyjak, MyNameIsAugustWest, garyfromterrance, tgapp, Norseman, SeatownSlackey, bobinch, shaggy433, optics, buttahflake, detrusor, stealurface831, The AD, thefrush, telee, alpinevibes, zion zig zag, Zeedashbo, Mr. Mike, waxoff, Bosco, easyrdr, Self Jupiter, yeahman, SkiLyft, shroom, GBB, Cat In January, hatchgreenchili, Flyoverland Captive, 406, Hellgate Basement, alias_rice, Undertow, gavinski91, sorrybro, John_B, Charlie Don't Surf, liv2ski, ridinshockgun, Meadow Skipper, babybear, old mexico, vt-Freeheel, ntblanks, Doremite, patg, criscam, thefortrees, CascadeLuke, powbmps, 2funky, cooltsi, jhyat, snowaddict91, Iowagriz, Harvey44, NW_SKIER, 2bjenny, fool, lemmycaution, jackstraw, wendigo, ski220, JayPowHound, Eastern Sierra Skier, BobbyBill, Foggy Goggles, jackattack, greenmachine, Harry

With the current threat of omicron shutting down travel, I'm suggesting to grantees that they go ahead and make flight reservations with cancellation insurance.

As usual, the news sources are amplifying the threat in order to bolster their clicksnviews $ revenue, but we really don't know what the impact will be, whether current vaccines are sufficient to protect against omicron.

The bottom line is that there is no practical way to reimburse the grantors if Yurp travel is shut down. If any grantor is freaked by that, now is your time to raise the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    With the current threat of omicron shutting down travel, I'm suggesting to grantees that they go ahead and make flight reservations with cancellation insurance.

As usual, the news sources are amplifying the threat in order to bolster their clicksnviews $ revenue, but we really don't know what the impact will be, whether current vaccines are sufficient to protect against omicron.

The bottom line is that there is no practical way to reimburse the grantors if Yurp travel is shut down. If any grantor is freaked by that, now is your time to raise the issue.
    IMO it’s very unlikely travel would still be restricted in March (assuming you are all vaccinated). We are hoping restrictions are lifted before Xmas.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    The $37 issue is the result of an argument between DigitalDeath and Fourply. Resulted in a ski off. Except for reasons still disputed Fourply didn’t show at the appointed time and place, so Drew wanted his afternoon pass premium refunded.

Edit - here’s the thread https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...how?highlight=
    I wanted to ski snowbird because it’s way better than Alta but 4ply and his dad are so pussy they only ski Alta. So I paid 37 dollars to get a pass and the conditions sucked as did the terrain and 4ply posted during ski hours to push back the ski off until things softened up.

4ply posted pictures of all these queer Lacoste polo shirts or something to regain credibility and then nuked his account when everyone laughed

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Zone Controller

"He wants to be a pro, bro, not some schmuck." - Hugh Conway

"DigitalDeath would kick my ass. He has the reach of a polar bear." - Crass3000

Lacoste polo shirts are street cred

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldeath View Post
    4ply posted pictures of all these queer Lacoste polo shirts or something to regain credibility and then nuked his account when everyone laughed
    That vibe carbon dates back to 2005.

It would be great if someone picked this up for the coming year.

Fund somebody's dreams.