Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    ^^of course it's still worth it. Overflow goes to the beer fund!

Everything that gets donated this year will be split 4 ways so each grantee gets 1/4 of what was donated.
    The fund will be shut down November 17.

There's a few donations remaining coming in shortly.

Thanks again to all who contributed, this is the coolest thing.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    I know I'm a bit late to the thread - is it still worth donating? Happy to send some $$$ to the selected Mags but also happy to just save it up for next year's thread.
    Pretty sure as long as it's still running it's worth donating. Even if they hit 6k, that is still just $1500 per mag. Even dirtbag style it'll still be costing them a bit out of pocket.

Done and done - just donated!

glad to add to this pot, have a great trip...

93 donors !

killer people!!!.

We're up to $1321.75 per grantee, so grantees may be able to budget more like 6 days skiing.

Reverend Floater, PNWbrit, singlecross, mcphee, doebedoe, smartyjak, MyNameIsAugustWest, garyfromterrance, tgapp, Norseman, SeatownSlackey, bobinch, shaggy433, optics, buttahflake, detrusor, stealurface831, The AD, thefrush, telee, alpinevibes, zion zig zag, Zeedashbo, Mr. Mike, waxoff, Bosco, easyrdr, Self Jupiter, yeahman, SkiLyft, shroom, GBB, Cat In January, hatchgreenchili, Flyoverland Captive, 406, Hellgate Basement, alias_rice, Undertow, gavinski91, sorrybro, John_B, Charlie Don't Surf, liv2ski, ridinshockgun, Meadow Skipper, babybear, old mexico, vt-Freeheel, ntblanks, Doremite, patg, criscam, thefortrees, CascadeLuke, powbmps, 2funky, cooltsi, jhyat, snowaddict91, Iowagriz, Harvey44, NW_SKIER, 2bjenny, fool, lemmycaution, jackstraw, wendigo, ski220, JayPowHound, Eastern Sierra Skier, Harry.

If I've missed credited you here, yell at me.
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 10-31-2021 at 11:52 AM.

Trust you will be providing the necessary accoutrements to ensure the winners of the golden tickets get to experience the full Euro experience?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7691.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	391.5 KB 
ID:	390768

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by bobinch View Post
    Trust you will be providing the necessary accoutrements to ensure the winners of the golden tickets get to experience the full Euro experience?

Name:	IMG_7691.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	391.5 KB 
ID:	390768
    I expect a more refined palate, one not clogged by clumsy blends.

;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post

If I've missed credited you here, yell at me.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post

ughh that

Donated. because. Kooks deserve fun.

Search those farm house bsmt’s.
    You might get lucky. 🍷

Name:	B4CE811D-9F86-4E0F-8CD3-9B6084C86E66.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	458.8 KB 
ID:	390824

Hey everyone, Thanks so much for this opportunity! I really appreciate this as it's always been a dream of mine to ski in Europe but I've never been able to justify the costs.

Anything else on top of what there already is definitely helps. I'm a little stressed about making reservations in time since I can't really throw down anything right now, either way I'm going to make it work but my finances are very tight.

Thanks again! Cheers, Josh
    dirtbag, not a dentist

There will be at least $1331. per grantee.

I spent yesterday trying to open an account and failed (ended up driving to 3 different branches), but I have an appointment at 10:00 Monday to create the account. With the check I have the current total is $5327.

I'll move all the funds in there and cut cashiers checks for each grantee, so I'll need each grantees real name and a secure mailing address.

I had planned on sending the checks out November 17. If it makes it easier for people, I can send checks sooner, provided the financial machinery doesn't block it. Let me know.

The $1331 is enough for 6 days of skiing and 1 night of lodging at the airport the night before your flight.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    RA13 and ESS are my two strong votes. I'm happy to kick in a couple more ducats to ESS if he takes a bit to respond and airfare goes up..
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I'm waiting on ESS. ra13 and m2711c are the frontrunners.
    Good morning all and best wishes for a Happy Halloween! I just got back last night from opening day(s) at Mammoth and my stoke factor is high. Friday delivered some of the best opening day conditions I've had in recent memory. My kid and I skied almost bell to bell, with the afternoon session getting better by the run. I posted a bunch of pics from Friday on the Mammoth forum if you're interested, but here's one for some proof of how good Friday was.

Name:	IMG-0533.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	263.3 KB 
ID:	390985
    Friday by 1:00 pm the morning crowd left and the place emptied out. The wind machine kicked in and the skiing lit up and got better by the run. Wipeout chutes were in mid season form with the wind creating silky, wind buff conditions.
    My kid (pictured) was stoked on the best opening day he's ever skied.

I would like to offer my sincerest thanks to the folks that thought of and mentioned me as a potential recipient of a very generous offer to ski Europe. I am truly humbled and I cannot say thank you enough. You guys f#cking rock! I've never been "across the pond" and it's definitely on the bucket list. But at this time it's not in my travel plans this winter for a pretty good reason.

The skier in the photo I posted above is my 17 yr old son who's a senior in HS this year. Passing on my love of skiing to him and seeing how stoked on skiing he is may be the my best accomplishment as a parent. He's great on a road trip, still wants to hangout with his Dad, and this past weekend was a reminder of that. Well he just got himself accepted to Montana State University in Bozeman on an early admission starting in the fall of 2022. I'm super stoked for him, obviously very proud, but I can't help but be bummed that he's grown up so fast and we won't be skiing together nearly as much anymore. So I'm going to keep my plans on a more local level and take advantage of the time I have to ski with my boy this winter as much as possible.

Again though, thank you for even considering me. I really appreciate it and to show my appreciation I went to the sight and threw down $50. I hope helps in some small way and that they have a pow filled trip that will never be forgotten.

Sincerely,

Eastern Sierra Skier (Christian)

Missing me Buster. I gave my $37

So stoked to see this come to fruition and can't wait for the TRs.

Love this community.

[QUOTE=Buster Highmen;6435541]I'm waiting on ESS. ra13 and m2711c are the frontrunners./QUOTE]

Hey bro,

Check your messages. I tried to pm you, but I may have f@cked it up. Anything show up?

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    im still trying to figure out how my kook ass is gonna finance gittin there
    and ill try and git a gear wine sale up before the 17th
    i do haz a few magnums of good shit
    last i took one was 15 or 16 to cody and a drake bake
    at the time the wine snobs said it was a $420 bottle and drank well
    send a decent euro kook donation to buster
    and its yours
    ill try and send one to vendul to kook share irl
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

OK, the account is set up. I'll be transferring the donations and cutting checks soon.
    According to some, the sooner I do this, the better.

If anyone is sitting on the fence, now is the time to contribute.

Props to the abundant:
    Reverend Floater, PNWbrit, singlecross, mcphee, doebedoe, smartyjak, MyNameIsAugustWest, garyfromterrance, tgapp, Norseman, SeatownSlackey, bobinch, shaggy433, optics, buttahflake, detrusor, stealurface831, The AD, thefrush, telee, alpinevibes, zion zig zag, Zeedashbo, Mr. Mike, waxoff, Bosco, easyrdr, Self Jupiter, yeahman, SkiLyft, shroom, GBB, Cat In January, hatchgreenchili, Flyoverland Captive, 406, Hellgate Basement, alias_rice, Undertow, gavinski91, sorrybro, John_B, Charlie Don't Surf, liv2ski, ridinshockgun, Meadow Skipper, babybear, old mexico, vt-Freeheel, ntblanks, Doremite, patg, criscam, thefortrees, CascadeLuke, powbmps, 2funky, cooltsi, jhyat, snowaddict91, Iowagriz, Harvey44, NW_SKIER, 2bjenny, fool, lemmycaution, jackstraw, wendigo, ski220, JayPowHound, Eastern Sierra Skier, BobbyBill, Harry.

With $137 in the account and 5,277 in the gofundme, we've currently got a total of $5414 which split among the grantees comes to 1353.50 each.
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 11-01-2021 at 05:05 PM.

Another $37 donated...have fun, fellas!
    Buy the ticket...take the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    im still trying to figure out how my kook ass is gonna finance gittin there
    Shit...I thought you and your spancer were queued to go.

Could we organize a "k00k airlift" and collectively donate a specific carrier's airline miles to said k00k's account? 50-60k should get a k00k to yurp r/t.

Yo B... while it may be too late to consider for this year's effort, it seems that the point of this whole thing is to sponsor those who would otherwise not consider the trip realistic, with cost being the main barrier.

Therefore it is my opinion that the skilorship recipients should catch enough dough to feel comfortable in booking a ticket. At present, some are sweating it because they feel like they can't pass up free money and the trip-of-a-lifetime, but have to spend $800 upfront to get it. It should be all-inclusive, IMO, and if that means only one or two folks get the funds, that's preferable to spreading around spending cash to those who can already afford the airfare.

raisingarizona13, send me a PayPal address and I'll send you $500 to book a ticket this week.

I had been in contact with all candidates who, at the time, had said the plan to cover ground costs would work for them and that they could afford the airfare, but wouldn't be able to afford the on ground costs without the grant.

I appreciate your thoughts.

Let me solicit the parties involved.

I'm not up to speed on exactly what is going on but I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Could we organize a "k00k airlift" and collectively donate a specific carrier's airline miles to said k00k's account? 50-60k should get a k00k to yurp r/t.
    That would work. Let me solicit the grantees.