Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 59 60 61 62 63 64
Results 1,576 to 1,585 of 1585
    Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post
    My Olympic level thought gymnastics is that this is the opinion of the Petitos. I think they’re trying to hold the Laundries responsible for the murder of their daughter.

As I wrote earlier, worst case scenario, the Laundries knew Brian murdered Gabby and knew exactly where he buried her, I just don’t see a jury finding that hugely punishable. It’s hard to sell a “what if” - which is pertinent. What if the authorities never found the body.
    They helped him disappear from their house when he was clearly a suspect. That’s plenty to take them to civil court and prove liability there. Those people clearly suck or they would have been much more transparent. You can still love your kid but not try to cover up for him. Fuck them.

UT/WY Missing Persons Case>WILD

The Petito’s are entitled to any and all avenues of coping, revenge, and punishment against the Laundries as the law allows.

The suit alleges aiding and abetting in essence. But, we don’t know that they knew he was a suspect or if he did it or not. I’m not saying that it’s impossible that they knew he did it, or attempted to help him escape. But, we get back to the fact that the DA didn’t find enough evidence to file charges.

We don't know, but that's what the lawsuit is for, to see what they can prove. Why are you so intent on deciding what they can show at trial before they've had the opportunity to show anything? It's also quite possible that the Petitos have more facts than you or I. And so what that the DA didn't file charges? That means s/he didn't think he could prove a crime beyond a reasonable doubt, that doesn't mean they didn't do anything wrong and it doesn't even mean they didn't do anything criminal. It means the DA decided not to prosecute, for any number of reasons.

My Olympic level thought gymnastics is that this is the opinion of the Petitos. I think they’re trying to hold the Laundries responsible for the murder of their daughter.

As I wrote earlier, worst case scenario, the Laundries knew Brian murdered Gabby and knew exactly where he buried her, I just don’t see a jury finding that hugely punishable. It’s hard to sell a “what if” - which is pertinent. What if the authorities never found the body.
    If they can show that the Laundries knew Brian committed murder and knew where the body was, that would be a lot. Maybe the jury doesn't award much on that, but I doubt the Petitos are looking for money, they're probably looking to show the world that the Laundries are awful people who bear some responsibility for their daughter's murder.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Maybe it’s just from watching Dylan Klebold’s mom’s TedTalk, but decent people can raise psychopaths. I don’t know anything about the Laundries. Maybe they’re terrible. You guys have the pitchforks sharpened and that seems to be enough.

UT/WY Missing Persons Case>WILD

The Klebolds didn’t help their son escape to kill himself before being tried in a court though

Tell us those thoughts on the Petito’s culpability in their daughters murder please.

The “the DA didn’t press charges so there can’t be guilt here” is a dumb take.

The “watch the videos - this was a toxic relationship - what are her and the parents who raised her responsibilities for her own murder?” is an embarrassingly deplorable take

My point is not that the Petitos are responsible for their daughter’s murder, it’s that the Laundries aren’t either, and that’s what they’ll get tried for. I don’t see their actions as worth ruining their lives over considering their infamous and lost their son to suicide. Fortunately bankruptcy laws will provide some protection.

If they knew their son had murdered her, and they helped him evade capture, you don't see those actions as worthy of "ruining their lives"? I have no idea if that's what they did, but that's what the lawsuit is about, no? If they did that, imo they deserve significant punishment. And if that punishment won't come criminally, then it can come civilly.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    If they knew their son had murdered her, and they helped him evade capture, you don't see those actions as worthy of "ruining their lives"? I have no idea if that's what they did, but that's what the lawsuit is about, no? If they did that, imo they deserve significant punishment. And if that punishment won't come criminally, then it can come civilly.
    It’s absolutely what the lawsuit is about. I assumed they knew he wasn’t getting away from the FBI by going to a local wildlife area. I just have a difficult time judging people in what is an extraordinary circumstance. One in which they didn’t t seem to take an active role, but rather didn’t call and turn him in. Maybe it’s worthwhile for the Petitos to see what the trial turns up. I was also assuming it’s more about the $5M than anything else. Seems to me they’re both dead, and both families would benefit from trying to pick the pieces of their lives up. This actually motivated me to go back and look at some of the social media and articles surrounding the murder. Super sad situation. I sure hope my kid never aspires to be an influencer.

Bless your heart, guy