Page 46 of 64 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1585
    Other local geographical features include
    Licklog Creek
    Peckerwood Branch
    Chunky Gal Mountain
    The Little Negrohead (different name on maps prior to 1979)

This is all just a little north of the site of the movie Deliverance

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Nope - they found him in Cherokee County. He hid out in Cherokee and Graham counties, way west of the AT.

I know this because my people are from Clay County, near Smackass Gap, which is also west of the AT. As explained to me, the family’s beverage manufacturing/distribution business there had a mutual non-compete with a family in Murphy - didn’t cross county lines
    I thought he was found hiding behind a dumpster after being spotted .. because he came in for supplies. Thought he was hiding off the grid various places around there. Graham county is 15 miles west.. hardly "WAY west".
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Back on topic... What's better for staying gone out there and places like that.. Being totally on your own and having to come to town occasionally or steal stuff from folks passing through.. or have someone helping you, bringing you stuff but that may rat you out??

Safest is stay put as much as possible and see no one. Only steal small stuff and not too much from any one place. Maine hermit made that one work for 27 years. https://www.nationalgeographic.com/c...r-woods-finkel

^Whitey Bulger hid in plain sight for years.

Rudolph had several hidey-holes where relatives would help him with supplies -until the FBI put them under intense surveillance. It’s a very insular bunch in those hollers. Twenty five miles is a long way

And I doubt Brian Laundrey has Eric Rudolph’s survival skills or unsurveiled family support network

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Safest is stay put as much as possible and see no one. Only steal small stuff and not too much from any one place. Maine hermit made that one work for 27 years. https://www.nationalgeographic.com/c...r-woods-finkel
    I’d love to read the whole interview, this kinda thing intrigues me.
    I’ve often thought that disappearing into the forest, living off the land, reading books and growing and consuming weed would be a decent life if I ever had enough.

Quote Originally Posted by fastfred View Post
    Does anyone need a shitter just realized I have six sitting around

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk
    Anywhere near the Caldor Fire? Pretty sure we could get our water system going again pretty quick, and the septic is still there safe underground. Can use a sink and a vent pipe too. And a cabin, if you got a spare one of those.
    10/01/2012 Site was upgraded to 300 baud.

This is all just a little north of the site of the movie Deliverance
    SJG is an argumentative fuck who is never wrong, but you probably know that. Was gone for about a year, I guess until AZ or pugfuckski or wherever he was hanging out threw his ass out.

Hell of an area to be from. Bryson city/Fontana really cool spots but I'm sure you're familar with other/better. Did 441 to cat/wolf/banner elk for years. Cheers MT
    "Can't you see..."

Threw out some lines, did some trails, camped and breweries in Bryson City/GSMNP last weekend - beautiful area.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	169E1B04-4059-45D3-B5DE-5C79876465EC.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	388039

Going for the more refined getaway at Blackberry Farm’s new spot, High Hampton Resort, near Highlands, NC in a couple weeks.

I’ll look out for Laundrie sneaking into town when we’re there.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Fuck you

Fuck you too

Fuck all of you
    That's rich coming from you.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Threw out some lines, did some trails, camped and breweries in Bryson City/GSMNP last weekend - beautiful area.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	169E1B04-4059-45D3-B5DE-5C79876465EC.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	388039
    looks nice, you should’ve done some fishin’ while you were there too.

UT/WY Missing Persons Case>WILD

^^I see what you did there.

Think I said this before, but if he grew some hair and wore a mask and maybe some glasses, I’d think he could go just about anywhere.

The AT is relatively crowded this time of year, and people have cell phones. I don’t really understand the decision to hide there, if that’s where he is.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    im pretty sure "throw out some lines"
    is code for piscatorial pursuits
    and

the los with the mos
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    SJG is an argumentative fuck who is never wrong, but you probably know that. Was gone for about a year, I guess until AZ or pugfuckski or wherever he was hanging out threw his ass out.

Hell of an area to be from. Bryson city/Fontana really cool spots but I'm sure you're familar with other/better. Did 441 to cat/wolf/banner elk for years. Cheers MT
    I laid low everywhere during the pre vax days. Haven't been banned from anywhere ever but still trying my best.

Edit.. I remember I DID get booted from "Bama Joe's" College Football FB group after we kicked their asses in the Sugar Bowl a few years ago. All I did was post one of those crickets chirping videos.. and poof, an hour later gone LOL!

^^ reminded me of this awesome song

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    looks nice, you should’ve done some fishin’ while you were there too.
    Ha! Fished that whole stretch of Deep Creek and some holes on the Tuckasegee. I’m trying to learn fly fishing alongside my boy as I inherited all my Dad’s Orvis gear. My buddy landed some hog Rainbows and Browns while I got bites but skunked. Still had a great time.
    I still call it The Jake.

UT/WY Missing Persons Case>WILD

Tenkara is a decent intro and easy to carry. My kids have little interest in spin fishing or traditional fly fishing, but they’ll fight over the Tenkara rod.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

It’s been more than a decade, but deep creek is pretty good for a park stream. When there is enough water, a couple of the tribs are worth the walk and bushwhack too. Bryson city is nice but on the wrong side of the mountains for me.

Rudolph had several hidey-holes where relatives would help him with supplies -until the FBI put them under intense surveillance. It’s a very insular bunch in those hollers. Twenty five miles is a long way
    Ya, I'm not sure how he can stay gone there much longer without help.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Tenkara is a decent intro and easy to carry. My kids have little interest in spin fishing or traditional fly fishing, but they’ll fight over the Tenkara rod.
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Lefty no tenkara

tenkara is for people who dont need a reel for 70 feet of line theyre never gonna be able to throw
    and to fish to dinks that cant take you into backing reguardless

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    This. I immediately thought of this guy too.